Notices
02-03 Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My 02 OZ Rally lancer. Needs lots more work.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamonroe
Thank u sir. I absolutely love this car. The best one I've ever had by far. And it's a blast to drive. Wish it had a couple different things like a turbo and awd. But that's an evo lol. I'll get there one day. And even then. This car will b saved and kept for myself.
I finally got an evo. But I find myself wanting to dump even more money into the lancer. I just ordered dual piston calipers for it so I can put bigger brakes in the front. Should only cost me 300 for new parts
Old Oct 8, 2014, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parts car

Everything looks good. I was wondering if you still have the parts car and, if so, how are the headlights? I'm in need on a pair for a project.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, last night I sent the car off to a transmission ship. We think the tranny finally failed, it had 250,000 miles on it. We knew it was gonna fail soon. The shop is going to look over the tranny and see if we could just rebuild it, or if I'm gonna need a whole new one. :/ sad that she's gone for awhile tho. but I know she'll be back and ready for hell that I can give her. Lol. Shouldn't have really anything to b broken on the cat aft this. Nothing major that is. Fingers crossed! Have not been on lately due to school kicking my butt, and working. Hadn't done anything to the car lately anyway after I installed the vortex generator. Get a ton of comments on how clean and good the car looks tho. So that's awesome. After the car comes back after transmission work, I am doing a whole new exhaust, headers (ones I have now are practically shot), a high flow cat, to ebay cat back system, but am gonna get a different muffler welded on. Just don't know which one to choose. I want a quite sound, but louder than stock. It's tough choosing.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 08:38 PM

Got the car home tonight. Super happy. She's running phenomenally. Needed a whole new tranny, but definitely needed one.

My 02 OZ Rally lancer. Needs lots more work.-forumrunner_20150101_223631.jpg

Have a new header in the mail now. And looking to piece together the rest of the exhaust now. Can't decide if I wanna do a high flow cat or a test pipe, or ehat muffler to get, don't want a really loud car. Decisions decisions. Lol
Old Jan 24, 2015, 08:58 PM

Well, car is running awesome. Got the header put in. Waiting for my cat back exhaust to come in to fix my current exhaust leak, and we r gonna hollow out my catalytic converter because where I live, I do not require one. gonna just keep the cat back how it comes for awhile till I decide on a different muffler, and I will prolly also add a resonator to it also.

Nothing really else to update, I have a lot of ideas for the car, but I'm waiting till it gets warm again so I can do them. Plus I still need to figure out how I'm gonna do some of them. Can't wait.

My 02 OZ Rally lancer. Needs lots more work.-forumrunner_20150124_225743.jpg

This is the cat back I ended up buying. Should b good for a temporary system haha
Old Jan 25, 2015, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Nice update, looks like your car is developing nicely.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 10:10 PM

So we got the exhaust on and "modified" the catalytic converter lol. Sounds really good outside the car. The videos I have don't do it justice. I got the eBay n1 cat back with the removable silencer. I kinda like it with the silencer in it the only issue I have is there is this mettalic scratching coming from the muffler, but u only hear that sound when u r in the car, outside the car u don't hear it at all. I'll have to figure out how to get a video clip up soon of it.
I'm thinking about getting a dc sports muffler switched with the muffler that came with the exhaust just because the scratching sound is gonna drive me insane inside the car, but other than that I believe I might b getting the windows tinted soon. And then maybe I can start to redo some of the interior issues I wanna address, I just don't have any ideas at the moment besides making the headliner a black color most likely.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 04:38 PM

Well, just ordered some eibach pro kit lowering springs. Gonna b pretty awesome. Woo. Gonna try to get a clip of my exhaust up sometime soon. Sounds pretty good. Woo. Lol.