Notices
02-03 Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My 02 OZ Rally lancer. Needs lots more work.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 02 OZ Rally lancer. Needs lots more work.

This is my 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally. My 02 OZ Rally lancer. Needs lots more work.-image.jpg As you can see it is no where near where it should be. Just a bare stock car. With the exception of the depo projector headlights, blue 10,000k bulbs, hifonics door speakers and rear speakers, a Sony amp for the speakers, a 10" jbl audio sub in custom box, a jbl c5 series amp for sub, and a Sony head unit. Will have more pics up sometime this weekend. I want to keep modding it. Just have hit a block and don't know where to begin with it. I can't decide what I want to do with it (body style, color, interior, so on..) kinda looking for some help. You have any suggestions or know where I can get some cheap stuff, or just some ideas. Let me know. And thank you.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:39 PM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...ally-9952.html
Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:41 PM

It doesn't want to accept my pictures of my car. You will just have to go to my profile to see it. I will try to upload some more this weekend.

Last edited by Jamonroe; Jun 13, 2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Misspelled words
Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try using a second source like photobucket, that is how i upload all mine photos.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:51 PM

Thanks. Ill try that later. But I havent done anything fancy really with the car yet. I'm just lost where to start and so on.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

We'll I would say start with any maintenance that needs to be done first and then move onto either interior or exterior styling (whichever you prefer more). Stay away from performance unless you are heading the turbo route

Unless of course you make bank like Avirex and in that case just go ***** to the wall
Old Jun 13, 2013, 04:16 PM

Yeah. Definitely don't have that kinda bank. Lol. And pretty much need maintenance on like well... Everything. Lol. Front bumper is scraped up, hood is chipped up. Needs new grille. Rims are scratched pretty well. Interior panels scratched little bit everywhere. Engine, well that's alright except I'm having a cat converter issue..but it just needs a good fixing up all around.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

I have an OEM grill if you need it
Old Jun 13, 2013, 04:37 PM

It doesn't matter if your car is bone stock, you still gotta upload photos of it, the amount of effort you put into the car is only good if you know where you started from. So get to uploading.

Also, i don't make bank, lol, the only reason i can afford to do some stuff is because of my military benefits. I already get my college free from the government so the funds i get from the Army goes towards the car and my better half, gotta keep her happy or else she won't let me spend money on the car.

I suggest a simple visual mod to start, because i find visual mods are a real boost to the pride you take from your car. If i ever find my self lacking some drive to work on the lancer, i just do a visual mod, after seeing my hard work take shape, it gives me motivation to put in some real elbow work for performance or maintenance mods.

Last edited by Avirex; Jun 13, 2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:45 AM

jbl sub amp. Mounted to the back of my rear fold down seats. my 700 watt four channel speakers amp. Wired to my two door speakers and also my two rear speakers. The two front speakers are 2way hifonics 6 1/2" speakers and the rear two are 2way 6 1/2" autotek speakers. (Made by hifonics). Plan on changing them to 3 way kicker speakers. thats my 10" jbl audio "Frankenstein" sub. It's called that because a friend got the sub in bad condition and re worked over the whole sub. Sounds like its brand new. And that is in a custom ported box. the car is in good shape. Has minor dings and lots of scratches in the car.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

I think orange side markers would look good on this, either that or clear bumper markers
Old Jun 16, 2013, 03:03 PM

Love the headlights, they are the same ones I have, should grab some taillights to match. Either that or tint the windows. A simple yet noticeable mod.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 03:20 PM

I might think about the side markers. I am wanting to paint the car but that's after I get a body kit, hood, and new spoiler. Not sure what color tho. :/

I love these headlights I'm running blue bulbs in them to. Make it look good. Ill get a pic on here later. I'm wanting to get new tail lights and tint the windows, but I just don't have money. I bought a parts car a while back was going to part it out, but I haven't been able to post the stuff online to sell. But as soon as that stuff starts to sell ill b able to get some more stuff for my car. Plus the parts car had some set of coilovers on it. But the rubber mounts that hold the springs are torn apart. So I can replace them and throw them on my car. Just gotta find somewhere that sells the rubber pieces. But hopefully I can get that stuff sold and I can mod my car some more.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

pics of the parts car!
Old Jun 16, 2013, 04:34 PM

it had a fiber glass body kit but the guy we bought it from a guy who wrecked It on his way home from buying it in the snow. Front breaks apparently didn't work. He pulled e brake. Didn't know how to correctly do it and destroyed the control arm.. He was an idiot. So we tore out anything that looked good and then tore off the body kit because it was completely trashed. muffler that we took off. spoiler we took off it. one of the coilovers.

Quick Reply: My 02 OZ Rally lancer. Needs lots more work.