Notices
02-03 Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My 2003 Lancer ES!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2013, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sikksixx
man im really rethinking just getting another lancer yours looks soo shiny and nice i want it >.<
Haha thanks man i mean over all it really is a great car
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Bcuzlancer
Nahhh ill give you a hint, i did my headlights for free
Uhmmm sanding? Lol
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

finally got my hands on some coilovers, dropped her all the way! Both perch rings are out in the back on both sides. In this picture the front is maxed, but i just recently raised the front about a quarter of an inch due to lots of rubbing..
Attachment 215733
What coilovers are you running? Looks decent....
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by SilentCool
Uhmmm sanding? Lol
Nahh haha i used toothpaste lol i guess you could say kind of sanding cause toothpaste does have a grit in it but i rubbed it on my headlight with a dry paper towel and then wet a paper towel and wiped it off. Did it about three times on each headlight
Old Nov 29, 2013, 11:29 PM

What coilovers are you running? Looks decent....
Megan racing street series 32 ways adjustable dampening with the pillowball upper mounts. They ride pretty nice but i wish they dropped the rear more
Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:05 AM
Evolving Member

Nahh haha i used toothpaste lol i guess you could say kind of sanding cause toothpaste does have a grit in it but i rubbed it on my headlight with a dry paper towel and then wet a paper towel and wiped it off. Did it about three times on each headlight
Oh ok I thought about that but didn't believe it actually worked lol
Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:34 AM
Evolving Member

Megan racing street series 32 ways adjustable dampening with the pillowball upper mounts. They ride pretty nice but i wish they dropped the rear more
Maaan, that's cool. How is the ride on the local streets? When I say ride I'm asking specifically about it's harshness. I'm so confused where suspension is concerned, I can't make up my mind. Arrrgghh!
Old Nov 30, 2013, 08:32 AM

Oh ok I thought about that but didn't believe it actually worked lol
Yeah thats what i thought but i decided to give it a try cause i didnt wanna spend the 20 or 30 on a good restoration kit. But it works..probably just as good as any of the kits too and its easier and faster
Old Nov 30, 2013, 08:48 AM

Maaan, that's cool. How is the ride on the local streets? When I say ride I'm asking specifically about it's harshness. I'm so confused where suspension is concerned, I can't make up my mind. Arrrgghh!
Yeah i know what you mean! Haha im one of those stance guys so i was trying to find the coils that slam our cars the most haha i dont know what youre into but ive heard that BC makes coilovers that lower our cars really low as well but i picked megan cause megans known for lowering cars in general a **** ton. Now tein just makes everything for racing so i didnt want them.

Now for ride quality, if you set the dampening all the way to stiff, man the ride is stiff as hell. Especially if youre maxed out cause there is pretty much no preload in the springs. Lol the first time i drove my car after the coilovers being on, i set it all to hard and as each day went by, i spun the dampers 2 clicks towards soft and it will do just that. As your riding after you just changed them, itll gradually change to what you set it at, pretty cool in my opinion. Right now im 6 clicks from hard in the front and 4 clicks from hard in the rear and it rides nice. In that setup, i took my mom for a spin but she said it road pretty good! I thought she woulda been like damn this rides like ****! Hahah but naww she was fine with it! So that should give you a good example of the megans! She also drives an SUV where its bouncy af so that coming from her made me realize i bought good quality coilovers
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah thats what i thought but i decided to give it a try cause i didnt wanna spend the 20 or 30 on a good restoration kit. But it works..probably just as good as any of the kits too and its easier and faster
Oh cool, I never thought that actually worked. Thank you for the heads up though. I actually just paid like $10 for the turtle wax brand yesterday at auto zone. Will try both! I tried some off brand before but never had good results.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah i know what you mean! Haha im one of those stance guys so i was trying to find the coils that slam our cars the most haha i dont know what youre into but ive heard that BC makes coilovers that lower our cars really low as well but i picked megan cause megans known for lowering cars in general a **** ton. Now tein just makes everything for racing so i didnt want them.

Now for ride quality, if you set the dampening all the way to stiff, man the ride is stiff as hell. Especially if youre maxed out cause there is pretty much no preload in the springs. Lol the first time i drove my car after the coilovers being on, i set it all to hard and as each day went by, i spun the dampers 2 clicks towards soft and it will do just that. As your riding after you just changed them, itll gradually change to what you set it at, pretty cool in my opinion. Right now im 6 clicks from hard in the front and 4 clicks from hard in the rear and it rides nice. In that setup, i took my mom for a spin but she said it road pretty good! I thought she woulda been like damn this rides like ****! Hahah but naww she was fine with it! So that should give you a good example of the megans! She also drives an SUV where its bouncy af so that coming from her made me realize i bought good quality coilovers
Thank you for that review, it's really helpful, although I'm still unsure lol! It is comforting to know that your mom didn't mind the ride as much. How are your roads and what tire size are you running?
Old Nov 30, 2013, 08:53 PM

Thank you for that review, it's really helpful, although I'm still unsure lol! It is comforting to know that your mom didn't mind the ride as much. How are your roads and what tire size are you running?
Ohh no problem man! And the roads are absolutely horrible where i am and if you drive 15 minutes away in any way, they get even worse and lol im on stockies, 14 inch steelie with im pretty sure its a 185/65 tire. So i got aton of absorbence by the tire but im also maxed out so if you dont max yours, you will definitely be fine
Old Nov 30, 2013, 08:55 PM

Oh cool, I never thought that actually worked. Thank you for the heads up though. I actually just paid like $10 for the turtle wax brand yesterday at auto zone. Will try both! I tried some off brand before but never had good results.
Yeah thats what i was going to get but then i just gave the toothpaste a try. Let me know how that works compared to the toothpaste though! That would be cool to see
Old Nov 30, 2013, 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah thats what i was going to get but then i just gave the toothpaste a try. Let me know how that works compared to the toothpaste though! That would be cool to see
That would be cool, probably I will try one headlight with toothpaste and the other with the turtle wax.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 08:09 AM

That would be cool, probably I will try one headlight with toothpaste and the other with the turtle wax.
Sounds good man!

Quick Reply: My 2003 Lancer ES!