Notices
02-03 Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

The Adventures of a DD Cont'd

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2014, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SilentCool
<br />
<br />
Yeah I know what you mean. I ordered from them about 2 months ago
Cool so the page is still legit, dont want to order from a place that is no longer in business lol
Old Jul 9, 2014, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Damn that fresh paint job making me jelly man
Old Jul 9, 2014, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by eusgen
Damn that fresh paint job making me jelly man
lol thanks
Old Jul 13, 2014, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Ok so I'm currently combating an EGR issue so no major mods until it's sorted. Removed my IM for a thorough cleaning

Here's the thread related to my egr issue:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...egr-issue.html
Old Jul 13, 2014, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

I would just go to junk yard and pull an intake mani with everything attached, swap it and see what happens, probably $50 at most
Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eusgen
I would just go to junk yard and pull an intake mani with everything attached, swap it and see what happens, probably $50 at most
Sounds like a good idea!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

So I did as Eusgen suggested & managed to get rid of the CEL. Installed the IM I got from the junkyard, retained the MAP sensor, hoses, valves excluding the EGR, which I bought new previously. Of course before installing I did another thorough cleaning. I hope it stays away! So far so good :thumbsup:

Removal:

Clean & Prep for install:

Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

After brake upgrade; I lost most of the photos to show what happened during the process. Sorry guys.

Front Completed:

Rear Shots:

Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
After brake upgrade; I lost most of the photos to show what happened during the process. Sorry guys.

looks nice, how long did it take you to change the disc brakes out ? I ask because I need to do my front end ?
Old Apr 11, 2015, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
looks nice, how long did it take you to change the disc brakes out ? I ask because I need to do my front end ?
Hey man it took just about 45 mins to perform the upgrade. Definitely under an hour. Put it this way; it's the same process as changing brake pads, calipers & rotors. Once you have the right parts the front end is pretty much plug 'n' play. Best of luck with it, feel free to ask me any more questions
Old Apr 29, 2015, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

Well....I haven't had much time to update this but I found a damaged 2004 ralliart on craigslist with 65,000miles. The previous owner said that he didn't start it after the crash because the engine revved very high after the accident. The car was "garage kept" for a month or so before deciding to get rid of it. I got it for $1000.

The high rev was a simple fix I went to check out the car with my mechanic and after taking a peep around the engine bay the throttle cable was caught on some part of the radiator after the accident, simulating a "foot always on gas" situation. We just removed the cable from where it was stuck and the engine ran fine. Man the look on the seller's face when we did this - he was really cool about it though, he already bought another car. He did mention that he preferred the ralliart to what he had, I believe it was a 2012/2013 Acura TSX, it was an auto.

Anyway, after getting the car towed back to my mechanic's garage we discussed my options. I am hell bent on just doing the swap of interior parts and engine, also possibly a 5 lug conversion. My mechanic felt differently, he was thinking I should try fix the ralliart and estimated that I would spend about $4000 for repairs. That sounded like a lot to me, I don't believe the swap would cost me that much, especially considering the fact that I have the parts car available & wouldn't have to go hunting for parts. What do you guys think?

Here are a few pics to show what the ralliart looks like. Again, cell phone pics. I really need to get a decent camera.

Last edited by SilentCool; Apr 29, 2015 at 09:40 AM. Reason: somewhat bad grammar lol
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:37 PM

I dunno, it seems like a royal PITA to swap all them ralliart parts, however it would be cool to update the interior of your ES (I don't much like that light colour at all).

But don't let hard work stop you, if you want it it can be done.
Old May 5, 2015, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KingTowel
I dunno, it seems like a royal PITA to swap all them ralliart parts, however it would be cool to update the interior of your ES (I don't much like that light colour at all).

But don't let hard work stop you, if you want it it can be done.
Yeah I think there might be a slight change of plans. I am considering keeping the ralliart and attempting to repair it. What do you think?
Old May 5, 2015, 01:30 PM

Yeah I think there might be a slight change of plans. I am considering keeping the ralliart and attempting to repair it. What do you think?
Well looking at the pictures of this Ralliart, it's hard to say. Personally if I was in the situation you are, I'd consider dumping both for something else. But you did put a lot of work into the ES. So in that case I would consider finding something that I could interior swap into it, but probably not a Ralliart. Just knowing that the cars "might be the same" or "might be different" I'd find something like a dark OZ interior to put into it.
Old May 31, 2015, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KingTowel
Well looking at the pictures of this Ralliart, it's hard to say. Personally if I was in the situation you are, I'd consider dumping both for something else. But you did put a lot of work into the ES. So in that case I would consider finding something that I could interior swap into it, but probably not a Ralliart. Just knowing that the cars "might be the same" or "might be different" I'd find something like a dark OZ interior to put into it.
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. Definitely not giving up my cars though, at least not the ES. As you mentioned, I did put some work into the ES. Besides that I haven't had any major issues with it.

Quick Reply: The Adventures of a DD Cont'd