Notices
02-03 Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

The return of jsangiovanni

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So a little update. Megan short shifter has been ordered should be here wed. And am going with a push start system removing the key cylinder completely so its gnna be a switch for acc a switch for acc2 and push start for ign. Before i hear any complaints about now its easier to steal your car i am currently looking into the best alarm systems with ignition kill,motion sensors, glass sensors ,and i will also throw in a fuel pump kill to add some extra protection and switches will b hidden very well. I ordered an awesome push start button that ive never seen i was luck to find it. Its coming from japan so should b here in about 2 weeks.by then i should have an alarm in aswell. Only other new update is put some leds in the cluster major major diff.

before

after very pleased with it for now

should have some more updates in a few days
Old Jul 19, 2014, 09:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jsangiovanni
So a little update. Megan short shifter has been ordered should be here wed. And am going with a push start system removing the key cylinder completely so its gnna be a switch for acc a switch for acc2 and push start for ign. Before i hear any complaints about now its easier to steal your car i am currently looking into the best alarm systems with ignition kill,motion sensors, glass sensors ,and i will also throw in a fuel pump kill to add some extra protection and switches will b hidden very well. I ordered an awesome push start button that ive never seen i was luck to find it. Its coming from japan so should b here in about 2 weeks.by then i should have an alarm in aswell. Only other new update is put some leds in the cluster major major diff.

before

after very pleased with it for now

should have some more updates in a few days
Holy hell the gauges look sooo much better! Where did u get them?! I've been wanting to do that forever just didn't know where or what ones to get.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jamonroe
Holy hell the gauges look sooo much better! Where did u get them?! I've been wanting to do that forever just didn't know where or what ones to get.
What i did was order this style of led its a t10 led bulb in white. Im actually gnna order some red to see if it looks better. But what i did was take the bulbs out the cluster and i took the plastic casing off the led (the white part) and then i sodered them directly on the cluster. Its hard to find leds that fit our clusters that are cheap doing it this way is the cheapest most effective way.i payed 1dollar for 10 if them and i had to wait 2weeks to get them from china bt it was worth it. You only need 3.

heres the cluster on my white lancer has the same leds bt in blue and they were soldered in aswell. And have been in there for more then 2 years without a problem at all

Old Jul 20, 2014, 02:52 PM

What i did was order this style of led its a t10 led bulb in white. Im actually gnna order some red to see if it looks better. But what i did was take the bulbs out the cluster and i took the plastic casing off the led (the white part) and then i sodered them directly on the cluster. Its hard to find leds that fit our clusters that are cheap doing it this way is the cheapest most effective way.i payed 1dollar for 10 if them and i had to wait 2weeks to get them from china bt it was worth it. You only need 3.

heres the cluster on my white lancer has the same leds bt in blue and they were soldered in aswell. And have been in there for more then 2 years without a problem at all
That's awesome. Did u get them off ebay? I'm wanting to change my gauge cluster bulbs soooo bad. I'm not a fan of the red too mich. Would rather have white or blue. White looks really good so I will prolly do that. But that blue looks good also. Lol.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jamonroe
That's awesome. Did u get them off ebay? I'm wanting to change my gauge cluster bulbs soooo bad. I'm not a fan of the red too mich. Would rather have white or blue. White looks really good so I will prolly do that. But that blue looks good also. Lol.

Yeah its really easy to do and its honestly worth it. Yeah i got them on ebay very cheap. And i will put up a tutorial on it when i have some free time to pull my cluster and show exactly how i did it
Old Jul 20, 2014, 04:15 PM

Yeah its really easy to do and its honestly worth it. Yeah i got them on ebay very cheap. And i will put up a tutorial on it when i have some free time to pull my cluster and show exactly how i did it
Awesome. I guess I'll order me some and just wait for u to put the tutorial up while I'm waiting on my bulbs to come in.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 08:00 PM

My friends great new i got a new toy in the mail 4 days early i was in shock when i saw it had arrived. My megan short shifter came in and boy is it pretty lol it was 52 bucks on ebay came in pretty much 2days and it looks great quality.

Yes i can put any shift knob on but it came with this one and its got some weight to it i like it ima install 2morrow

Iwill try and document and take pics if the differences and the feel of it
Old Jul 27, 2014, 07:39 PM

Little update shifter has been installed for a week and or so and i absolutely love it best 50 bucks i spent in my life. Nice firm shifts and alot shorter distance aswell i give the megan shifter 2thumbs up. Have some bad news also yesterday i took the white lancer to a family reunion and driving home on the highway she just died on me. Could not figure out what happened. Pulled to the side of the road and tried to crank but nothing. Left it there for a few hours came back with tools and went to start she turned on like nothing. Well today i tested everything out and turns out the fuel pump kept failing turned on sometimes during my test. Replaced it and all better now
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:35 AM

Any updates on a tutorial for the gauge leds