Notices

04 Mit. Lancer Ralliart - Power Steering Pump Pulley

Old Jul 7, 2016, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Mit. Lancer Ralliart - Power Steering Pump Pulley

I bought a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart in November of last year. This is my first car. I have never really had the car seriously inspected, just looked over by a few family members.

I had to replace the serpentine belt this evening because we had noticed the belt was missing an entire rib. Upon replacement we noticed why; the power steering pump pulley is damaged. Basically one of the lanes where the ribs travels has been bent so that the belt is pushed off track (the outermost lane). SO FAR the belt hasn't come off entirely ever (not sure if that can or will happen) but we started the car and ran it and noticed that the belt is clearly going to be damaged by this.

I am having trouble locating a pulley (or power steering pump) for the 2004 Ralliart, but have just started checking. Can I use a power steering pump pulley from another Ralliart (not 2004), Lancer or Mitsubishi? I did find some for 2.0L Lancer of 2004 (OZ Rally & ES).

Does anybody have any useful information for me? I'm going to take it to a mechanic tomorrow after work but in the meantime I would like to see what my options are...
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

I have located several power steering pumps on the internet (price range from $80-$330) which will fit but have yet to see the mechanic. A few things came up with respect to smog and registration so the power steering pump and pulley are priority two, behind smog and proper registration (car is missing bills of sale; it was bought at an auction and sold to me improperly :/). Will be seeing mechanic Wednesday after DMV appointment.