Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Dress Up Parts Review

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2009, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Corton520
has anyone heard of these guys? or this part specifically? or is too cheesy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Perfo...171|240%3A1318
dude dont ever get a so called "performance chip" from ebay. check out roadracemotorsports.com for their timing chip.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:30 PM

Ok so about a year ago i bought the Carbon Fiber lip from RRM for my 04' ralli. I had it paint matched asap and installed it myself the day after it was finished. However, 4 bolts were molded on the inside of the lip supposedly for easy intall.. the bolts didn't line up perfectly which i could understand but the one on the left (driver's side) completely broke off on install.. not the bolt itself but the mold off the lip, overall the lip made the car look great but i have to give it a (6/10) simply because if I'm paying 500 after purchase and shipping.. it should fit like a glove and deffinately shouldn't be falling apart on install.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

RTM Racing Shift Knob

Got this shift knob from RTM racing and can be found here:

https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/prod...cat=407&page=1

The knob is stainless steel and very heavy. It screwed on directly to my shifter (although some of you know I had some trouble, but it was my issue, not the knob). My old knob was a light plastic ball and this weighted knob has made a huge difference in shifter feel and the way it throws feels really good. Great craftsmanship. We got to about -7 C the other night and it gets a little cold in the car but nothing that would ever make me think twice about getting one.

The guy who runs RTM, Ziggy, is really cool as well. I got some shifter bushings and he specially ordered some for my car and was very patient with all the emails i bombarded him with to make sure everything would fit right lol. Also, it's nice to be able to order from a Canadian company and not have to pay a retarded amount for shipping.

I gave him my payment information on monday and got the package on tuesday. Excellent.
Attached Thumbnails Dress Up Parts Review-photo-1.jpg   Dress Up Parts Review-photo-2.jpg   Dress Up Parts Review-photo-3.jpg  
Old Mar 14, 2011, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Got these RA shoulder pads.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_1644wt_753

Just picked up a two pack for the back seat only. I have twin daughters that are 7 so now the can ride in style without the belt rubbing against their neck Didn't wanna get it for the front cause i don't need them myself and I don't want too much badging all over the place. Only cost 9 dollars and change after everything. Excellent value for the price paid.
Attached Thumbnails Dress Up Parts Review-halifax-20110314-00001.jpg   Dress Up Parts Review-halifax-20110314-00004.jpg  
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

got another thing in the mail today from ebay. License plate cover. it was 16 bucks and change including shipping and got here in 7 days. all metal....even has bolt covers.
Attached Thumbnails Dress Up Parts Review-halifax-20110318-00010.jpg  
Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:53 PM

I thought this picture would be appropriate for this thread. This is my lighter i keep in my car.

Dress Up Parts Review-img-20110311-00063.jpg
Old Mar 19, 2011, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Antonovich
got another thing in the mail today from ebay. License plate cover. it was 16 bucks and change including shipping and got here in 7 days. all metal....even has bolt covers.
Oh Nice I was looking at those the other day.
Do these ones have a slot for the plate to slip-on so it won't fall out, or it just goes over your plates?
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Yipo
Oh Nice I was looking at those the other day.
Do these ones have a slot for the plate to slip-on so it won't fall out, or it just goes over your plates?
it just goes over your plate, but once it's screwed on, there's no way it's moving around. The back looks so much better with the frame now.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I got mine from Ziggy at RTM, too. I love it. I bought the shift pattern plate at http://www.augerresources.com/shiftpattern.php (another awesome vendor).

Old Aug 3, 2011, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Hood Struts

Bought the "basic" strut kit online at Redline Tuning, an American company: http://www.redlinetuning.com/

I've had these on for over a year, no issues. Instructions were thorough and easy to follow. You have to drill a few small holes into the fender and hood to secure the aluminum mounting brackets but that was no big deal, it's where no one would ever notice if you decided to remove the struts one day - just take your time measuring and marking.

These add a quality appearance over the stock hood prop and the struts are totally out of the way of the engine. My driveway is slanted and when I am parked so the nose of the car faces downhill then the hood acts even heavier, but the struts are plenty stiff enough to keep it up.

I'd say worth the money for looks and convenience.

FYI Canadians: I bought online direct from the factory, shipping was prompt, no damage in transit. It's a really good time to buy due to exchange rates.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 07:31 PM

The first of my 'dress-up' parts to arrive! Yeah yeah, I know I could make my own but hell for $40 including UPS shipping... easy sale :P They fit right in and it's aluminum mesh! Not cheap plastic, which is kind of nice for the price tag.

I'm going to go for a black on silver look, the rims I ordered are black as well. I'm thinkin' about perhaps painting my spoiler black... but meh we'll see.

Chester's a ham...

Old Aug 9, 2011, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

I like that, can you tell where you bought from?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by RalliartN
I like that, can you tell where you bought from?
Here ya go, dude

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TM:MOTORS:1123

I thought it would be pretty sketch since it's so cheap but it turned out to be a good gamble.I can't wait to install it once I get my ralliart emblem grill badge here :P
Old Sep 4, 2011, 08:46 PM

I just bought these good condition used Work lug nuts from some dude in town off Craigslist for $80. I'm thinking they will accent my flat black wheels nicely.

Last edited by Vro0oom; Sep 4, 2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:33 AM

hey nobody on here has a lip on their ra? im trying to find a lip that fits flush on the ra... any tips where to look?