Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Bakuro's White Ralliart

Old Sep 26, 2014, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
LOL Im kinda scared of the mallet method and the baseball bat method. The phone book seems like the kindest method... lol My dad knows a guy who owns a fender roller. I might just see if I can borrow his or have him help me do it.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^I'll have to take some pics of my rear fenders this weekend. When I first got my 17x8's I rolled using a heat gun and mallet. At first it wasn't too aggressive, but I couldn't have a full car without rubbing so I went and pounded the crap out of it and now I get no rubbing at all. In total I had to spend about 30-40 minutes per rear fender just because you really have to heat that sucker but not to the point where you melt paint. I have no chips/rust as a result of the rolling and it's seen 5 months on the road thus far.

Last edited by MirrorEyes; Sep 26, 2014 at 06:23 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
^I originally had a roller for my fenders but ended up malleting away cause I didn't roll far enough. Was only the second time I didn't heat up the paint that I cracked and had to fill it up with craploads of plastidip in the spaces lol
Old Sep 29, 2014, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MirrorEyes
^I'll have to take some pics of my rear fenders this weekend. When I first got my 17x8's I rolled using a heat gun and mallet. At first it wasn't too aggressive, but I couldn't have a full car without rubbing so I went and pounded the crap out of it and now I get no rubbing at all. In total I had to spend about 30-40 minutes per rear fender just because you really have to heat that sucker but not to the point where you melt paint. I have no chips/rust as a result of the rolling and it's seen 5 months on the road thus far.
i started doing that...but then i gave up..was taking too long..really shoulda stuck to it tho
it took me ~ 30 mins to do all 4 fenders..and i rolled it all the way flat against the inside of the fender..)but there was no paint left on the lip..broek even at the bend..
i did use a deadblow hammer tho(plastic outside, bird shot inside...hoping to protect the paint as much as possible....obviously didnt work..lol)
from the outside of the fender it looked fine, from the inside it was all bare metal..
never got around to fixing it somehow...already had started rusting when i sold the car...

Originally Posted by Raikiri
^I originally had a roller for my fenders but ended up malleting away cause I didn't roll far enough. Was only the second time I didn't heat up the paint that I cracked and had to fill it up with craploads of plastidip in the spaces lol
i didnt wanna not roll enough so i went all the way the first time...lol

ps...i THINK some auto parts stores rent rollers...
i think murrays may...
(ussually their rent policy is u put down a deposit and then u get the $ back after return so really it's free rental...unless you damage/break it somehow)

Last edited by nekkidlad; Sep 29, 2014 at 05:19 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

I might have to call around and see if anyone rents one now. LOL

Thanks for the insight guys!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Went AutoXing yesterday. Had a blast. Ended up getting 28th overall out of 49 drivers. Got 3rd in my class. Got a bunch of gopro footage from inside the car. I'll try to trim them up and get them on youtube soon as I can.

Definitely need to roll my fenders now. My tires were rubbing the fenders front and rear. I actually think my tires rolled my front fenders for me partially. The rears are stubborn though and just ate up my tires.

I'll get pics and videos up soon!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

^they may have but you also have to think that the fenders may have shaved off some of your tires. Happened to me before when the fenders weren't all the way rolled and saw some fine rubber shavings on the corners of my fender.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

lol yea i had quite a few shavings. Trying to find someone nearby with a roller I can use.

I should be like the cool kids and just chop up the fenders and throw on flares! :P maybe some day.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Well as some of you may or may not know. My RA is down...

The timing belt snapped and after poking around under the valve cover I found that at least two valves are bent from what I can tell. I havent made a decision yet on what to do. Im trying to weigh somethings out and Im having a hard time.

Part of me wants to pull the engine from the green car that has the same problem, rebuild it with the turbo stuff I have and drop the engine and manual transmission into the white car with the coilovers, and continue building a badass RA. This method puts me out more money...

However another part of me knows that ive been complaining about wanting AWD for years now. So this part wants me to fix up the white and green car just to get them running again. And then sell all my mitsubishi's and pick up something AWD with whatever money I make off of them, and start all over fresh. This method puts me out of my beloved car, but into something with the hardware I want.

I love my car to death. But it doesnt have the essentials that Ive been craving... Im so conflicted. IDK what to do at this point... :/
Old Nov 25, 2014, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How many miles on the timing belt?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

do what i did
Old Nov 25, 2014, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mikemike396
How many miles on the timing belt?
Maybe 75k...

Originally Posted by Raikiri
do what i did
lol rebuild it, or buy a new ra? lol
Old Nov 25, 2014, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
really depends how much you love your white ra mate. if you like it that much and wanna keep it then rebuild it. but if you want awd fix and sell both
Old Nov 26, 2014, 03:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rebuild you already have a diner car.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
lol rebuild it, or buy a new ra? lol
New RA

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bakuro's White Ralliart