Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Bakuro's White Ralliart

Old Nov 26, 2014, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bakuro117
Maybe 75k...
I am curious if anyone can chime in on this. What causes these belts to fail? Is 60K a realistic number to change the belt, or is it just a magical number that the manufactures made up based on tests and such? Just scares me lol, makes me want to be sure to replace the belt at 60K intervals.

Last edited by mikemike396; Nov 26, 2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Im curious as well. We really ought to look into a group buy or something for a performance belt. Having two lancers both with bent valves because of a broken timing belt, and hearing all the other stories makes me feel like that is a real weak point on these cars.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

is there even a performance or kevlar belt for the dsm's with the same engine?
or is there but it's just super expensive compared to the OE or OE replacement?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Well for the evo Gates makes a racing performance timing belt. So does HKS... I would think we could find someone to make one for our engine... I would hope... lol

Also finally got off my lazy *** and put the eclipse on craigslist. Hopefully if it sells it will fund the rebuilding of the two cars.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Or just sell all 3 and get a reliable turbo car that satisfies your AWD craving
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Raikiri
Or just sell all 3 and get a reliable turbo car that satisfies your AWD craving
I'm seriously thinking about it. Just have to make some money off of them cause I can't afford another loan right now. it'd have to be a dsm or wrx... idk... :/ lol
Old Nov 29, 2014, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nooo reading the past few posts just makes me so sad...
i've been following your RA build(s) for some time now and it just breaks my heart to see her down. no worries though man. i'm sure you will figure out the best route to take---whether it be stay with the #RalliartLife or go AWD. it really depends on where your heart is. but from what i can tell, you are just like most of us here...WE JUST LOVE THE RA TO DEATH!!!
keep up the amazing work and just know that i support whatever decision you make! shoot me up the link to your Eclipse CL post and i will pass it on to a few prospects that i may have.
take care and keep your head up like always man! peeeeeeace!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

chanting: "one of us! one of us!"
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

LMAO!!! I swear Im the most indecisive person when it come to car stuff that i know. One day im set on selling them all off and getting a DSM or WRX. The next day I see Crans, or Truths, or any of the built 3gs on club3g and I just wanna keep it and continue building it. I go back and forth on this seems like every day or so...
Old Dec 3, 2014, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

im sure theres tons of us in that boat man...
i still regret selling the RA 2 yrs later...

can't imagine selling 2...specially when mine was still basically stock and you've done so much to yours(and what otter and smike did to the green one)

theese cars are so satisfying...untill you get the itch to d something with/to them(which is like every other day)
Old Dec 4, 2014, 01:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm late...but what the hell....nooooo! I like this car.

I must say...sometimes I want to give up my Lancer. I have been thinking about an AWD piece myself, however, there is something about driving these machines. I think Mitsubishi made some highly addictive vehicles and we have all fell into this trap from the moment we stepped into the cockpit.

Personally, I wouldn't give up just yet, if you can afford it I say rebuild and keep the RA.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilentCool
I'm late...but what the hell....nooooo! I like this car.

I must say...sometimes I want to give up my Lancer. I have been thinking about an AWD piece myself, however, there is something about driving these machines. I think Mitsubishi made some highly addictive vehicles and we have all fell into this trap from the moment we stepped into the cockpit.

Personally, I wouldn't give up just yet, if you can afford it I say rebuild and keep the RA.
for real man...
i think you should keep the white one using as many upgrades you can from the green car(aka coilovers, etc), then rebuild the green RA and DSM for sale best as possible, THEN buy something awd with whatever profit from the 2 cars(probably not much tho) and keep the white RA for rebuilding turbo as your "fun car/long term project"
Old Dec 11, 2014, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Well Ive been giving it a lot of thought lately. I feel like Ive come too far with my Ralliart to give up on it after this. Im going to get rid of the eclipse ASAP. Ive already started pulling the wiring harness from the green car. Tonight is the hoses, shifter cables, and maybe the axles. Going to pull its engine and tranny. Rebuild them. And get them ready to transplant into the white car.

Goal is to pull over the engine, tranny, necessary interior, lower tiebar, hella horns, and coilovers from the green car. Put in the turbo stuff aiming for 10psi for now. And finish up some other projects Ive had sitting around my garage and floating around in my head such as the H-brace, solid bushings, half rad, balance shaft delete, LSD, nose chop, vented hood, relocate my relocated battery, and a few other things.

Im hoping to have at least the engine and tranny swapped in by racing season next year. I may have to get a beater in the mean time or if the eclipse doesnt sell maybe I'll take it to a shop to have it fixed. But thats only if my dad ends up needing his jeep back. Bottom line, the RA is coming back strong!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Its a difficult call, and way to tough it out - the payoff is worth it IMO. Should be a lot of interesting developments from this RA gang come spring.

And usually it's better the devil you know than the one you don't...
Old Dec 11, 2014, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Either way both good choices!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bakuro's White Ralliart