Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Bakuro's White Ralliart

Old Mar 18, 2015, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bakuro117
Nekkidlad and I hung out for a bit yesterday. Got the front case prepped for the Balance Shaft Delete. And got the head lubed, torqued, and lashed. Hoping the weather stays nice for a few days so my back yard will dry up and I can roll the car into the garage.

Im still waiting on my crank scrapper, and gaskets from RPW... :/
been a long time bro! i was looking into 'balance shaft delete' articles and i thought i'd share this one with you:

http://www.jackstransmissions.com/pa...balance-shafts

i'm not too savvy when it comes to cars but i'm expanding my knowledge base and building up to that point where i can take apart my engine/trans and put it back together *cough* CRANSWICK *cough* and most other members of EVOM.

but yeah, just thought i'd share that article with all of you!

cheers brothers!

#RalliartLife
Old Mar 24, 2015, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Started tearing into the RA tonight. All but removed the head bolds. I feel like I'm getting pretty good at this. Got all the wiring removed and labeled. Everything drained. Radiator removed. Anything removed has been bagged and tagged. Plans have been laid out.

Just waiting on my brother to come over and mock up the turbo manifold. Then the head will come off and the build will get underway!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

nice and clean!

i like the blue labels man. i do the same when i rip apart my desktops and laptops lol. good luck and have fun!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

LOL Thanks!

I realized last night that Im either going to need evo injector pig tails or just switch to WRX injectors. Anyone got some WRX injectors they'd sell for cheap so I dont have to cut up my harness?
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

LOL Thanks!

I realized last night that Im either going to need evo injector pig tails or just switch to WRX injectors. Anyone got some WRX injectors they'd sell for cheap so I dont have to cut up my harness?
try to pm garrett. i know he has the 440cc wrx injectors. not sure where he got it from though. how's everything though? been a while man. i've been so busy with work and all. it's crazy...
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
find me a reasonably priced set of STI pinks and i'll give you a VERY good deal on my 440's...
Old Mar 25, 2015, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

nice josh good progress
Old Mar 26, 2015, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys!

Im trying to hunt craigslist, ebay, and evom to see where I can get the better deal. Id honestly like to make an adapter so I dont have to cut the harness if possible. Or if I get 440's for less than $100 Id probably just switch to those... at 10psi I dont think I'll be stressing 440s too much... lol
Old Mar 26, 2015, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Thanks guys!

Im trying to hunt craigslist, ebay, and evom to see where I can get the better deal. Id honestly like to make an adapter so I dont have to cut the harness if possible. Or if I get 440's for less than $100 Id probably just switch to those... at 10psi I dont think I'll be stressing 440s too much... lol

the 440's with a 255lph pump do fine up to 14psi
Old Mar 26, 2015, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what do these connectors look like?

I think I have 1 or 2 injector connectors at work somewhere in my tool box...
I wonder if they fit(assuming I still have them)
Old Apr 15, 2015, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

A few updates. Not so many pictures. Work has been stupid lately so Ive not had much time to be in the garage.

First and the saddest update. My brother came over to mock up the turbo manifold. The turbo I have (Evo VIII w/ 10.5 hotside) is simply too big. We removed the radiator and it still doesnt fit between the block and AC condenser when it has the actuator on. Id like to run a full size radiator and I still want AC so unless I come up with some fancy way to mount the turbo, or a smaller one to use it wont be going in just yet... :/ Plus I mentioned this already but the Evo Injectors dont connect to our harness so I guess I'll save up and get the WRX ones.

Second update. I originally figured I would just prepare this engine for the turbo and use some of the other parts Ive collected on another build. But I recently decided to forgo that line of thinking. I have it all and its all apart, so Im going to throw everything I have into this one. And if I want to change something or start another build I'll do that down the road. Shortly after wrestling myself to come to that conclusion I dove in and ripped the head off of the engine. Decided to hold off on the manual tranny. Im going to have it rebuilt, pull the entire harness from the green car, and get a few more parts ordered before it goes into the car. Hopefully that will be next winter if I can get a beater to use like the wife and I want to do.

Last night I went out and figured I would work on the interior a bit. This part I do have some pictures of I'll have to upload them later. I pulled out a few bezels from the center dash. Removed the radio and HVAC controls. I swapped my HVAC unit which didnt light up anymore for another one that does work and has red LEDs so it will match the interior a bit better. I then moved all the wiring for the radio down to where the cubby pocket used to be. And using a replacement bezel I relocated the radio to the lower portion of the dash. I had to hack half of the radio brackets off to make it fit, and then had to sand my new bezel back to fit the radio. Turned out looking really nice. Now I have room above the HVAC for 3 gauges, and another dual pod to go on the steering column.

Going to try to take a day or two off work soon so I can go spend more time working on it. The new head is ready to assemble. And the mods are all pretty much laid out and ready to go. Plan for now is to throw everything I have into the engine and get the car back on the road. Then I think Im going to look into making a rear mounted turbo setup. I noticed there is a ton of space between the gas tank and the rear subframe. So I'm going to get a welder (waiting on other people to fab for me simply takes too long...) and start mocking up everything I'll need to run the turbo from the rear. I might switch to an external wastegate so I dont have to mess with that actuator as well. Im still wanting to get this done by August so I need to get the ball rolling...

Last edited by bakuro117; Apr 15, 2015 at 11:07 AM.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 05:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good progress so far josh...
hopefully i'll go over this weekend sometime and we can get some more work done

makes me miss my RA...and no I won't buy the green one...even with a "rebuilt" engine...lol

on another note:
I just worked on my jetta this past weekend and remembered why I hate Michigan cars...
all the cars down here in ky at work(local cars) are all nice and have very little rust...
I try working on mine and everything is seized or rusted to the point it's almost not worth trying since it'll probably break or round off...GRR

which brings me to the point which relates this to this thread(and forum): I still miss my RA...but given the chance, I'd buy a different one that's not rusted and seized up like mine was...
Old Apr 16, 2015, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
@Nekkidlad, meet Ralliart_ON_LSD.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2006_RA
@Nekkidlad, meet Ralliart_ON_LSD.
Yea he does have one helluva deal going right now.

That or we could go try talking that guy on Hwy 27 into selling you his silver one. Its missing the front lip and had the timing belt break too. But we could probably knock that out in a weekend if we go ahead and rebuild one of my spare heads, and have the timing belt kit on hand. lol
Old Apr 16, 2015, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

So here are the pics I took when I did the radio relocation.

Here are the the stock radio brackets.

Here is the spare set that I cut down.

Here is the cubby that Im working with.

A factory short set would have clipped like so.

But you can see the factory radio ones are way too long.

And here is the cut down ones. it connects to the bolt holes but not the peg.

This shot shows you where the radio was before (above the HVAC) and where it will be going after (down below)

Top piece is the new trim for the radio, bottom piece is the old cubby pocket.

Radio installed with new trim.

And here is the gauge pod that is taking the radio's old location. Planning to smooth it out and mold it to the bezel so it looks like one piece.

And a shot of my almost finished cockpit. I think Im going to switch out the white for black or dark gray.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bakuro's White Ralliart