Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Bakuro's White Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unfortunately it wasn't wherethe original plan lead to...

u'll have to get on that some other time...
unfortunately it'll also be another while that it'd be down(for manual swap and/or turbo)

but for now..
enjoy the car man, it looks awesome...

can't wait to see it in person soon**coughSUNDAYcough**
Old May 20, 2015, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by nekkidlad
unfortunately it wasn't wherethe original plan lead to...

u'll have to get on that some other time...
unfortunately it'll also be another while that it'd be down(for manual swap and/or turbo)

but for now..
enjoy the car man, it looks awesome...

can't wait to see it in person soon**coughSUNDAYcough**
LOL I might be coming to Lexington tonight if you want me to swing by.

And yea I agree. It wouldve been amazing if the turbo/5speed stuff worked out. Time and complications hindered that... :/

Im debating on whether to continue the turbo addition or just sell off the stuff for it... I still want to do the 5 speed swap though. Going to look into that mirage ls final drive gear and into having the LSD installed, pull the wiring harness from the green car and hope that I'll have a winter vehicle so that I can try the swap next winter.

Originally Posted by RalliartN
This is more than just a build. Great story all 'round, thanks for sharing it. Congratulations!
Thanks Nick!

For an Automatic she's pretty fun. Truth has seen her in action he can vouch for it.

Originally Posted by rzrxn
Amazing job man! Glad to hear that she's back in business! I've been working on mine as well but it's crawling as I'm still waiting for parts. Will be posting up a lot of stories (w/ photos of course) when I get the time. Take care and enjoy your new and improved Ralliart!!! #RalliartLife
Thank you! Yea man you need to post some updates on your car. Feels like its been ages! lol And I will. Ive already put 100 miles on it in the two days ive been driving it.
Old May 20, 2015, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Raikiri
someones going to be having a shaky ride lol
Happened to remember this post today.

There actually isnt anymore vibration without the balance shafts than what I already had with the solid front and rear motor mounts. I was expecting more but I cant tell a difference. LOL
Old May 23, 2015, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice josh good to see it going again
Old May 27, 2015, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks man!

-------

So Im having a few issues I'd like to address with the car. Wanna see if anyone has any good ideas here.

First: I am experiencing a high pitched squealing noise. It sounds almost directly in front of me from the driver seat. And it only happens when i am starting to get on the gas. If im coasting its not there, if I floor it it goes away. I assume it has something to do with the front driver side brake. however it doesnt squeal when applying the brakes at all. And i have taken the caliper apart several times now hoping to find the cause with no luck. I assumed it was the brake to begin with because after a short drive that rotor will be much hotter than any of the others. So it seems like it may be clamping on a bit. but the piston presses back down with no resistance, and the pins are well greased and moving. And I cannot get the noise to happen while the car isnt moving at speed... Ive jacked up the car and spun the wheel but the noise never occurs...

Second: The car sometimes seems to not send power to the starter. I have to turn the cars power on then wait for the sweet spot and twist the key to ON twice. If I do it right the starter will kick on and start the car. If I miss the sweet spot I can turn the key all I want and it wont even try to activate the starter. Nekkidlad said he had a similar problem with his RA, but he didnt resolve the issue either. I have a spare starter. But I looked at mine while the engine was apart and I didnt see anything out of place, or worn.

Thoughts?

Thanks guys!
Old May 27, 2015, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
first: what kind of pads do you have? one guide pin on each side has a rubber grommet on it, if air get's trapped inside the caliper guide pin hole when you insert the pin, the pin will push out, and cause the outside pad to drag...

second, turn the key all the way to start, if it doesn't, hold it there and jiggle the **** out of it, if it starts, your ignition switch is pooched, this happened to my 03 lancer...
Old May 28, 2015, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say check the starter signal wire for a signal...
if there is one I'd say put your new starter on
if there isn't I'd say get a new ignition switch

you can always just swap the starter and see if it makes a difference..
u already have one so it only costs you ~30 mins work...
if nothing changes get a new switch and u already have a new starter on!
(ps for kicks and giggles...I'd locktite the solenoid screws...but wait till you're installing....one of them holds some kind of ground wire or bracket IIRC)

but like u said...
I never resolved my issue with what seemed to be the same problem...
and when I tested my starter it always failed...
(xept the last time where the solenoid just fell off...I found new bolts, locktited them and reattached it, and all was well until I sold the car)
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Plastidip has been removed. I'll never use that crap again... Spend three nights at home with a pressure washer blasting that crap off cause it wouldnt peel off after being on there since August 2013. Used GooGone to help soften it up and get it off. Finally I took it to the car wash today and got all the residue and flakes off of the car.

Sadly my Vortex generator was done for. It was cracked along the edges and starting to peel up at the ends. Went ahead and ripped if off while I was at it.

Im thinking about having the roof wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl, cause I do miss the black roof.

Debating where to go from here. I need to get my gauges installed, but i dont feel like doing the wiring work. Also wanting to continue the turbo build but dont know how to go about it at this point. Im wanting to get bucket seats and harnesses too... lol

I'll shut up now here are the pics.

Old Jun 13, 2015, 03:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cars looking good mate but you got alot of turbo parts now so you may aswell continue the build you have came this far and also with the research. Buying a part every 2 weeks can make a difference by the time you know it you'll have everything ready to go
Old Jun 16, 2015, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Car looks great! Nice to see it running again.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
the sticker game is strong with this one
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Where did you pick those eyelids up?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys!

@lbwilliams I got the eyelids off of ebay a long time ago. They use to be cheap but I have only seen the expensive carbon fiber ones on there for a long time now. mine are just fiberglass, then I took them to a body shop to have them painted.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

So Im looking for a set of the Mitsubishi Rain Guards. Anyone know where I can get these for a decent price?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by bakuro117
So Im looking for a set of the Mitsubishi Rain Guards. Anyone know where I can get these for a decent price?
sold mine on here years ago...cheap...

Quick Reply: Bakuro's White Ralliart