Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

"Tramp" - Rzrxn's 2004 Lancer Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2013, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rzrxn
another issue i am having is when i tried adjusting my passenger front outer rod, i had to use a 12mm wrench on the inner rod to rotate it instead of the 13mm wrench that i used on my driver front outer rod.
its most likely because somebody replaced the inner tierod sometime before you did the outer now...no big deal...just annoying to align..as far as the seized nut no big deal either...if you're taking it to a shop they'll loosen it up so they can align it most likely using a torch...when i did mine i slathered all the threads in anti-seize...guess what happened after..?...they never seized again they had anti-seize on them!....lolmy car had 2 different sized inner tierods and outter tierods...and jam nuts...it was annoying to align...but all good otherwise...i had to replace all 4 tierods...and some multiple times, about 7 total IIRC...(damn potholes..)ps good job...moving mechanically in the right direction..lol
Old Oct 19, 2013, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nekkidlad
its most likely because somebody replaced the inner tierod sometime before you did the outer now...no big deal...just annoying to align..as far as the seized nut no big deal either...if you're taking it to a shop they'll loosen it up so they can align it most likely using a torch...when i did mine i slathered all the threads in anti-seize...guess what happened after..?...they never seized again they had anti-seize on them!....lolmy car had 2 different sized inner tierods and outter tierods...and jam nuts...it was annoying to align...but all good otherwise...i had to replace all 4 tierods...and some multiple times, about 7 total IIRC...(damn potholes..)ps good job...moving mechanically in the right direction..lol
ahaha loool that makes sense but i guess your issue was worse as everything had different measurements...

and THANK YOU for acknowledging my new-found skills lmfao! (can't really call it skills yet but i'm happy i was able to do something like this on my own...

i'm starting to collect a bunch of basic/necessary tools that will help me work on my car better (floor jack instead of my damn annoying bottle jack, wrenches, etc)...my next task is to replace my clutch slave cylinder...i'm debating it though since @ rockauto, the csc is only $20~+shipping but if i get it straight from PartSource, it's $60+tax...

that will be a new learning curve for me as i would have to replace it then bleed the whole system after...the threads/how-to's here on evom have helped me understand so much about our cars...it's amazing man...

i'll let you guys know when i start working on Tramp...i'll post lots of new pics soon too...thanks again for the insights!!!...
Old Feb 28, 2014, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Uh oh...

I've got a new issue with Tramp: I believe I am leaking oil through my oil pan.

I have read a bunch of articles regarding this issue and I am now looking into replacing my oil pan gasket.

Hopefully this repair won't cost me an arm and a leg. Also, I hope I do it right.

I'll update you guys with more info as soon as I get under there. It's currently -19C here in Toronto and I don't have a heated garage so it's kinda hard for me to check Tramp right now.

Wish me luck guys!
Old Feb 28, 2014, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it SHOULDN'T be too hard...
IIRC it does have the exhaust in the way so hopefully yo0u don't have too much trouble with that...i know every 1 of my exhaust nuts were completely rusted round...(1 reason i never got around to doing exhaust on it..)

other than the exhaust it SHOULD BE pretty straight forward...just remember to drain the oil before you take the pan off...otherwie you'll dump out 4qts of oil all over the ground at the same time as the oil pan...
while it's off i would suggest(not required) clean off any rust or possibly replace the pan depending if it's got large rusty spots...
i know mine had a bunch of areas where it was all rusted and flaking...and im surprised the oil pan wasn't rusted through...so i hoped to replace mine when i did the clutch n trans etc(but the i sold it)

as far as the CMC..i remember reading something about usignt he evo CMC insetad of the RA for better pedal feel or something like that...you might wanna look into it for kicks and grins...
if you're already replacing it...wouldn't u also wanna upgrade it at the same time..?

good luck...
ps bottle jacks are no good man...not very safe...make sure you get yourself a good floor jack...if there's a harbor freight tools anywhere near you go and get some tools and supplies from them...they're inexpensive and good enough for the beginner mechanic...(some are even good for everyday shop use like i use them..)
Old Feb 28, 2014, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nekkidlad
it SHOULDN'T be too hard...
IIRC it does have the exhaust in the way so hopefully yo0u don't have too much trouble with that...i know every 1 of my exhaust nuts were completely rusted round...(1 reason i never got around to doing exhaust on it..)

other than the exhaust it SHOULD BE pretty straight forward...just remember to drain the oil before you take the pan off...otherwie you'll dump out 4qts of oil all over the ground at the same time as the oil pan...
while it's off i would suggest(not required) clean off any rust or possibly replace the pan depending if it's got large rusty spots...
i know mine had a bunch of areas where it was all rusted and flaking...and im surprised the oil pan wasn't rusted through...so i hoped to replace mine when i did the clutch n trans etc(but the i sold it)

as far as the CMC..i remember reading something about usignt he evo CMC insetad of the RA for better pedal feel or something like that...you might wanna look into it for kicks and grins...
if you're already replacing it...wouldn't u also wanna upgrade it at the same time..?

good luck...
ps bottle jacks are no good man...not very safe...make sure you get yourself a good floor jack...if there's a harbor freight tools anywhere near you go and get some tools and supplies from them...they're inexpensive and good enough for the beginner mechanic...(some are even good for everyday shop use like i use them..)
Heyy man! How's it going? Been a while huh. Thanks for the thorough explanation! I'm gonna need all the info I can get before starting on something I've never done before lol.

I called my local parts store and they quoted me $17 plus tax for an oil pan gasket. That's a pretty good price huh? I went to Rock Auto and they sell it for $6 to $8 plus tax but the shipping just kills me ($30+) lmfao. Ouch!

I don't know of a Harbor Freights near me but I know of a Princess Auto. They are kinda similar based on what I saw on their sites right? I got myself a nice floor jack for $30 flat, which I believe is a pretty good deal! I also got myself a wrench set from Princess Auto, which only cost me $10 as it was on sale. Nice!

I will take a look under Tramp when I get home tonight and will take lots of pictures for everyone to see. I know I always slack off when it comes to posting photos but I will try my best to get them in!

Thanks so much again for your continuous support, my friend! Hope to hear from you soon!

Take care!

PS: I am looking into replacing my CSC and CMC as well. I remember a post from "xmaster" which shows a comparison between the RA and Evo CMCs. Evo is the way to go based on his findings. Apparently, the Evo CMC is way simpler and more effective than the more complicatedly-built RA CMC lol. I will let you know as soon as I decide to delve into the depths of replacing these parts. Thanks for looking out!

Last edited by rzrxn; Feb 28, 2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that I bought a complete set of HIDs from "RallyartRob" for $40 and I put them in around November 2013 IIRC. Tramp looks really good with these HIDs. I feel like it's the cherry on top that makes him look very aggressive with the Silver and Black theme that I'm going for. Here's the inspiration to my design/color theme...BATMAN!!!
Attached Thumbnails "Tramp" - Rzrxn's 2004 Lancer Ralliart-batman-cartoon-900x1600.jpg  
Old Feb 28, 2014, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
oil pan gasket? does that even exist? i'm pretty sure you just use RTV...even by the service manual...someone correct me if i'm wrong.

also, the evo CMC, it's also easier to remove/install because it's smaller.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
oil pan gasket? does that even exist? i'm pretty sure you just use RTV...even by the service manual...someone correct me if i'm wrong.

also, the evo CMC, it's also easier to remove/install because it's smaller.
RTV sounds like a good route to take. I called a few parts stores and they confirmed that there actually is an "oil pan gasket" for the 2004 RA. But I trust you guys more than any of the mechanics I have visited/inquired with loool. I'll grab some RTV and I'll bring it over when we start on our transmission project! Is that okay?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by rzrxn
RTV sounds like a good route to take. I called a few parts stores and they confirmed that there actually is an "oil pan gasket" for the 2004 RA. But I trust you guys more than any of the mechanics I have visited/inquired with loool. I'll grab some RTV and I'll bring it over when we start on our transmission project! Is that okay?

sure thing...you maybe want to pick up a few m8x8mm (there's 2) and m8x10 (there's 17, but you it's unlikely we'll break em' all) bolts for the oil pan just in case.

there's no OEM part number for an oil pan gasket, the service manual and ASA both specify a liquid gasket.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
sure thing...you maybe want to pick up a few m8x8mm (there's 2) and m8x10 (there's 17, but you it's unlikely we'll break em' all) bolts for the oil pan just in case.

there's no OEM part number for an oil pan gasket, the service manual and ASA both specify a liquid gasket.
I'll stop by PartSource later on and I'll check out what they have. If not, I will pre-order them from HotSpot Auto and see which can store can give me a cheaper price. I will also stop by Princess Auto and check out that torque wrench you were talking about. Hopefully they still have it on sale as I really want one!

Yeah, I searched around the net looking for a photo of an oil pan gasket for the 2004 RA and I couldn't find one lol.

This is what I found here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...an-gasket.html

Cheers my friend! See you soon!

Last edited by rzrxn; Mar 19, 2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

UPDATE!

My passenger-side screw for my wing is stuck. I've done everything I can to take that screw out but it really just won't budge. I think I screwed it in too hard the last time I took my wing off and now when I try to UNSCREW it, the screw just keeps spinning and spinning forever.

I've tried everything to yank that thing off but it just won't go. I even drilled the screw right down the middle and it STILL won't crack. Once this screw gives in, I will be wingless forever, as planned! First things first though, I just need to get that damn screw off...
Old Apr 14, 2014, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Lightbulb ...

Last edited by rzrxn; Nov 23, 2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Talking Ahri...

Meet the new addition to our family: Ahri!

Well, we actually got her on November 2013 but she is now 6 months-old and I think it's about time that I introduced her to my EvoM family.

Caption: That's her in her pink "Princess" shirt, sitting on Tramp's passenger seat.

I'll try to grab some more photos of Tramp for the next few days and I'll post up. Really gotta get that pic of her showing off the HIDs that I had put on last year. Looks veryyyy nice!

Photos are coming soon!
Attached Thumbnails "Tramp" - Rzrxn's 2004 Lancer Ralliart-wp_20140314_002.jpg  

Last edited by rzrxn; Apr 29, 2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
awww... what a cutie. I need to post pics of my husky. She loves riding around with me.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
awww... what a cutie. I need to post pics of my husky. She loves riding around with me.
late reply...very late indeed! but for sure man, pets and Ralliart joy rides go so well together haha! too bad i cant bring Ahri (my cat) around with us anymore because she will literally claw her way out of my arms just to get away from the garage...

Quick Reply: "Tramp" - Rzrxn's 2004 Lancer Ralliart