Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Ginger (Kasper's Car)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ginger (Kasper's Car)

Moving my build to the show and shine area of the forums because I don't want any RA owners not getting the help they need with their cars. So far the RA has had a stance change, some stuff has been fixed (a lot of stuff has been fixed), and I have added a third brake light to the car. Here is the Original Post!

Ginger
I've determined that the first thing you should do when you start building a car is to give it a name. This car took a lot of time and work just to get it running and functioning properly, and well it still isn't quite perfect. It still has a lot of quirks that need to be worked out. Long story short I drove 200 miles to get a car that I knew was going to have some issues, but I did it out of love for the type of car it is. I had previously owned a car named Jessica she was beautiful, a 2005 Lancer Ralliart, Sunflower Yellow, Walker Body kit, and a Big *** Supercharger pushing 20 lbs of boost. I never really had a chance to dyno the car, but I can tell you Jessica was faster than a stock Evolution. Jessica's life came to an abrupt end in a parking lot when a Ford F250 with 33 inch swampers flatten the rear end of her. Totaled in a parking lot. Jessica was dead. Lost but not forgotten. Now I have breathed some new life into another car, and she is well deserving of a name. Her name is Ginger because she is beautiful, wild, and carefree yet she has her problems, and requires special attention to the small things to keep her motivated and moving forward.
I have huge plans for Ginger, but I'm not going to say what exactly they are because I don't want to make any promises that I cannot fulfill. So here she is as she sits, and everyone here is welcome to watch her evolve from a tame mid-sized 4 door sedan to an outrageously clean functional daily driven monster.

Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Here is an updated image and short video walk around.

Old Feb 24, 2015, 04:05 AM
Evolving Member

so keen to see it lowered looks good already
Old Feb 24, 2015, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

going 1.2" in the back and 1.8" in the front... I have solid motor mounts on the way also
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Talking

Some decals for Ginger

Old Feb 24, 2015, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

So question? Has anyone had any luck getting an APEXi SAFC II or NEO working in our cars; I have one sitting in the shopping cart, but I wanted to be sure it will work properly with our cars!
Old Feb 25, 2015, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
why? for that price you can get so much more with ECU tuning...
Old Feb 25, 2015, 04:54 AM
Evolving Member

So, no answer... Thinking about going with the SAFC NEO because I need to be able to tune it as the car grows. For instance bigger injectors one day, and like a week later I decide to add an exhaust, or even forced induction. It is way better than spending $300 every time I change something on the car that effects fuel mixtures. It will also be useful for monitoring what the car is doing in real time.

Last edited by Kasper; Feb 25, 2015 at 04:57 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kasper
So, no answer... Thinking about going with the SAFC NEO because I need to be able to tune it as the car grows. For instance bigger injectors one day, and like a week later I decide to add an exhaust, or even forced induction. It is way better than spending $300 every time I change something on the car that effects fuel mixtures. It will also be useful for monitoring what the car is doing in real time.
unless the NEO automatically tunes itself for you, all of that is false...where is this $300 every time you change something coming from? everything you just said you need to do (and more) can be done with the stock ECU...

if you throw in some 1200cc/min injectors, is the NEO going to automatically calculate the flow rate, and modify its own fuel maps accordingly? is it going to magically detect boost pressure, and fuel accordingly? I'm sure it needs to be manually tuned at some point, as any other aftermarket piggy-back or stand alone ECU...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Feb 25, 2015 at 05:49 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

With the Neo it can be tuned on the fly, and $300 is what cost to get the ECU tuned here.... And I didn't say anything about automatic tuning there Crans.. You are getting ahead of yourself. And as far as I was talking about getting the SAFC to work with our cars, it was about the auto-learn bull**** the factory ecu has.... So please, unless you are offering magical relevant advice, with out the sarcasm and assumptions, keep moving.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
No one here has ever gotten something like that to work.

With ECU tuning you can do all that. And if you learn some basic tuning you can adjust for changes on your own in your own driveway. No need to pay to have it retuned every time you do something minor. I know Ive re-tuned my car to give me more low end torque before going to autocross races, then I come home and reflash the tune I use when daily driving. I only paid for the stuff once, learned a little bit and I can do all the basic tuning myself. If I had a AFR gauge Im sure I could have done a lot more, but I didnt want to take those risks.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
No one here has ever gotten something like that to work.
That's what I was looking for, back in the day, otter and lsd were trying to get it work, and I never found out if there was a solution to it or not. So next question. What do i need to do straight ecu tuning? What are my options? My RA is getting lean, and the ECU is almost maxing its natural ability to adjust fuel trims. I want to nip that in the but before I add anything else to the car..
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Tactrix 2.0 cable
Laptop
MMC/ECUflash or FastWorks

If your going to be making a lot of changes I would recomment the MMC/ECUflash method. Nothing against FastWorks. But it seems like more and more often I hear how Hackish is hard to get ahold of and you wont hear from him for extended periods of time. Any time I have ever messaged OttRalliart (Brent) he has gotten right back with me, no issue.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Tactrix 2.0 cable
Laptop
MMC/ECUflash or FastWorks.
So EVO scan and tatrix openport, awesome thanks bakuro
Old Feb 25, 2015, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kasper
With the Neo it can be tuned on the fly, and $300 is what cost to get the ECU tuned here.... And I didn't say anything about automatic tuning there Crans.. You are getting ahead of yourself. And as far as I was talking about getting the SAFC to work with our cars, it was about the auto-learn bull**** the factory ecu has.... So please, unless you are offering magical relevant advice, with out the sarcasm and assumptions, keep moving.

what sarcasm? I was being serious about everything I said...I gave you relevant advice, and you shot it down, going off about spending $300 every time you want to change the tune...and then you listed features that the SAFC had, as if it were the only thing on the planet that could do that, meanwhile, all of which are available through ECU tuning...plus you get things like launch control, rev limit control, even full MIVEC control as well as IAT based fuel enrichment, MAF and injector scaling and much more, all while keeping factory fail safe programming. But since my advice isn't relevant, I won't offer it anymore, and don't bother asking me directly...good luck with the build.

Quick Reply: Ginger (Kasper's Car)