Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

paroshann's 2006 Lancer VR-X

Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paroshann's 2006 Lancer VR-X

Hello everyone! I'm a new comer to evom, from the other side of the world, New Zealand!
This is my 2006 Lancer VR-X, the australasian version of the RA. I've had her about a year and recently started giving her some accessories.
A few months ago I put a custom SRI (hacked the airbox for the airflow meter fitting and chucked a pod filter at the end) and put in some new progressive springs which gave her a nice height too. Last week, got a new RPS rear muffler installed and it sounds awesome! Today I just got her some new shoes, some Konig Controls, 17x7 on 205/45 tyres and I think they look great!

Let me know your opinions and of course any ideas for future mods would be appreciated

I do plan on doing a few more mods including a new hood, some coilovers to give her a more stanced look, an RRM piggyback and an RRM under drive pulley.

I'll upload some more photos when I get a chance
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:23 PM

Front photo :)

Just another angle I took while I was on break at work. Sorry for the bad quality!

Fun fact! The VRX Lancer doesnt come with the cool looking RA badge on the front <br/>So I got one from ebay instead hehe
Old Dec 15, 2015, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Welcome! She looks great!
Old Dec 16, 2015, 06:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your Ralliart is so clean!!! Check out Hackish/Fastwork reflash for our 4g69 engines instead of a piggyback system. About the underdrive pulley, RRE makes one as well, but it doesn't come with a pulley belt. However, RRE did dyno the part and the sheet is on their website.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/4...rivepulley.htm
Old Dec 16, 2015, 08:38 PM

Thanks jcmaz and bakuro!

Ohh yes I did see on these forums about Hackish relashing the 4g69 ECU, ill definitely look into it further.

Sweet as, that dyno run looks promising! Hard to believe they managed to make the pulley 85% lighter... that's nuts. But its also good news for us!
Old Dec 19, 2015, 10:20 PM

Just some more pictures! :)

So got a tad bored and decided to upload some more photos, just of my interior, my engine bay and my subs and amp

Just the interior. Everything is stock except for the single din JVC head unit and the MOMO steering wheel cover. I replaced the headunit with a new JVC one thats red and matches the rest of the dials <br/>Im actually quite a fan of the MOMO steering wheel cover. Its kinda hard to source an Evo steering wheel these ways and it makes the car feel sportier at a fraction of the price

Gotta love that 2.4 litre! <br/>Not too sure what to do to dress up the engine bay but I'm sure ill find inspiration on these forums

My custom SRI<br/>I literally cut off the air flow meter fitting and pipe from the factory airbox, got a piece of silicone piping and slipped that over, then added the pod filter at the end. All in all it cost 60 NZD. 58 for the pod filter and 2 for the silicone pipe. It sounds amazing! I'm hoping by leaving that factory intake for the old airbox I'm still getting some cold air to my engine!

Pulled down the back seats to show the box of my sub box and amp. <br/>The amp is a 600RMS Sound Magus amp.<br/>I made the box my self and installed it all myself too. Not bad for a first attempt.

This will be a getting a massive renovation, so lets hope my next attempt will be better and i would've learnt something from experience

Gotta have that sticker love! I know a lot of people dont like putting stickers on my car but I love to. I feel it makes the car more unique and shows some character and personality that some mods just cant do themselves.

My bass makers!<br/><br/>Twin 12" pioneers wired in parallel. With this set up I get 250RMS each so 500RMS from both subs. <br/><br/>You can see where the paint is starting to peel from the area where i didn't wipe silicon sealant off

Gotta love the doof doof!<br/><br/>Although it was time consuming to build the box from scratch, it was still a fun experience and very rewarding. All in all, it only cost about 450 NZD to build and install

And just a glamour shot, no RalliArt this time, representing that VR-X!

I have to mention that I'm extremely inspired Strakeles 04 RalliArt build! Holy crap that car is amazing! Hopefully, one day I'll have a sound system that looks and sounds as amazing as his!

Of course there's so many other cars on here that really inspire me, but if I listed all of them I'd be going on forever! Its great to be part of such an awesome community

Cheers guys!
Old Dec 21, 2015, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Hold the phone!

I am super jealous of the VR-X interior!

Cup holder with change organizer?!
Double Din head unit, with a better looking hvac controls in the cubby area!?!
Right hand drive... (always wanted a right hand drive...)
And it looks like it has a slap shift mode on the auto tranny?!
Are those pedals stock too?

Man that is awesome... Id love to have a factory set of trim for the center of my dash like that. Ive been wanting to go double din and relocate the HVAC controls. The kits available here dont look that nice. And I always wondered why the RA here didnt have slap shift, when the galant with the 4g69 had it... if anything the sporty RA needs it and the pedestrian car Galant doesnt...

Engine bay looks very clean as well. Keep it clean man she'll stay good to you!
Old Dec 21, 2015, 07:21 PM

Thanks Bakuro! I appreciate it!

I got really lucky with this car

In my opinion, I reckon the interior looks a lot more subtle with the HVAC controls underneath and the double din up top.
Its a shame that the RA needs a relocation kit just for the center console.

Yup! Its a tiptronic! I was looking for a manual VR-X for ages but a manual with a 4g69 is really rare.
But it was a decent compromise, I still get to have fun with changing gears even if I only have 4 instead of 5. And I don't have to worry about giving my clutch leg a work out in traffic
Im actually surprised the RA didn't come with tiptronic! I agree, the Galant doesn't need that!

Thanks a lot! I haven't had any major issues with her yet. Had to get the oxygen sensor replaced and had an unfortunate incident where my ignition coil fuse blew while I was driving which quite frankly was scary as ****, especially at 100 km/h (60mph).

Aside from that and a few stone chips, shes great!
Old Dec 27, 2015, 02:38 PM

So I wasnt 100% happy with how my engine bay looked with the flashy red power wire for my amp sticking out like that, so i decided to add some split loom to make it look a little bit neater

Before:

And after:

I think it looks a lot cleaner this way. Eventually I will look at redoing the wiring to run along the factory wiring of the car and zip tying it all up.

Heres a closer look of the SRI and how I did it:

So as I mentioned before and as you can see, its just the factory box filter that housed the sensor which I cut off, then with some silicon piping and a pod filter at the end, it was all done
If you're looking at doing a SRI, I seriously recommend doing it this way and saving yourself some cash, unless of course you do wanna keep your stock airbox with out hacking it up.

Here's some more interior shots as well, just from the other side

Gonna be giving her a good cut and polish and a nice waxing, and then cleaning out that dusty interior and engine bay later today

Some upcoming things I plan on doing is adding some interior lighting with LED's to flash in time with the music and can be turned on and off with a switch
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy it here.

Such a nice stance, the car is clean! I think you should definitely consider a double din unit.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:30 PM

Thanks a lot SilentCool!

I did originally want to get a double din unit, but i got the JVC as a birthday present so figured that will use that instead. Plus having that little cubby is quite convenient
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:44 PM

So a slight update, I'm currently making some progress at building a new sub box with a false wall plus some LEDs for my VRX, I'll definitely be posting some photos up and showing you guys how it comes along.

For now, a lot of the mods I'll be doing will mainly be cosmetic, just to give my car more of a show car build

Since my last set of photos, I wrapped some of my interior with fake silver carbon fibre vinyl, but in all honesty I did a pretty crappy job so I'll definitely be redoing that at some point.

I also got a new RalliArt leather shift boot thingy, it looks pretty cool so I'm pretty happy with it. It was a slight pain in the *** to install but I got there in the end. Ill post photos on how it looks, personally, I think it looks really cool, especially with the steering wheel cover
Old Jan 19, 2016, 07:48 PM

As mentioned previously, I wrapped some of my interior panels in silver fake carbon fibre vinyl, and did a pretty lousy job at it. So today, I rewrapped it with some vinyl I had left over, and it does look slightly less crap

Here's the results:

Heres my shift boot, good ol' RalliArt

My interior is slowly coming along. The next step would be to get some new Mitsubishi mats instead of the cheap generic ones that are in my car now. Step by step
Old Jan 20, 2016, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Nice update, the silver wrap looks very clean, different from the usual cf wrap
Old Jan 20, 2016, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice clean car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: paroshann's 2006 Lancer VR-X