Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Evolution Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2016, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Yea. They are. I'll probably have to drop the motor out of the bottom. Nekkidlad and I tried to pull the green RA's motor out the top in my garage and didnt have enough room. Had to wiggle it back down and out the bottom.

-------

Also dropped off the block, rods, pistons, crank, cradle, studs, and bearings at the machine shop this morning. They are going to be assembling everything for me. Should take about a week.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Quick update: Hopefully I'll have some pictures again soon. I just picked up the assembled block. It looks gorgeous with the Manley internals in place. However in the cleaning process they lost some of the paint so I'll have to redo the black. The cylinder head is off at the shop getting cleaned, inspected, and having new zero-lift tickers... I mean zero-tick lifters put in place. I'll get some new pictures whenever I get the block painted again.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for posting in our section, no matter what car you have you're one of us forever.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 133 Likes on 112 Posts
pretty interesting, I must say this is the first that I've seen lol
Old Nov 9, 2016, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

@2006_RA - Thanks man! I appreciate that!

@blkmambaVENOM - Thank you! However this has been done a few times before me. Honestly this swap has been my plan since day one of buying this Evo. I was originally planning to pay it off first. But the car had other things in mind I guess. LOL
Old Nov 9, 2016, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

So instead of watching the polls like everyone else I decided to go do some work on the motor. It wasnt much cause I didnt get home till late last night but Im getting more and more excited everytime I work on it. Hopefully I can make some good progress this weekend since the wife will be at work.

Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006_RA
Thanks for posting in our section, no matter what car you have you're one of us forever.
one of us, one of us, one of us
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Been working on the Evo here and there when I get time.

Decided to clean out the interior so I took the seats out and cleaned them real well. Going to vacuum the carpet and stuff while the cab is hollow. Plus this will help make all the wiring under the dash more accessible when I go to reworking everything for the Haltech swag install. Took the center console out and removed the short shifter and assembly. Swapped it out for the stock shifter and weighted greddy knob. Kept the brass shifter base bushings in place though. Also ditching that pointless bracket in the picture while Im at it.

I have a pile of parts growing that I need to take off to be cleaned, and painted. Here is the current state of the car.

Im hoping to have some free time coming up and get the old block out of the car. Im hoping I can accomplish that without dropping the transmission.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by bakuro117
Been working on the Evo here and there when I get time.

Decided to clean out the interior so I took the seats out and cleaned them real well. Going to vacuum the carpet and stuff while the cab is hollow. Plus this will help make all the wiring under the dash more accessible when I go to reworking everything for the Haltech swag install. Took the center console out and removed the short shifter and assembly. Swapped it out for the stock shifter and weighted greddy knob. Kept the brass shifter base bushings in place though. Also ditching that pointless bracket in the picture while Im at it.

I have a pile of parts growing that I need to take off to be cleaned, and painted. Here is the current state of the car.

Im hoping to have some free time coming up and get the old block out of the car. Im hoping I can accomplish that without dropping the transmission.
looks like fun. Wish I could be there with you, would love to see this build in person, and have a hand in it...why don't you want to pull the tranny? I don't know if you'll be able to get the engine out with the tranny in place...maybe if you take all the pulleys and stuff off, you could slip it off the input shaft, just be careful not to hang the weight of the block of of it...
Old Nov 21, 2016, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Hmm... good point. I guess I will drop the tranny then. Honestly, I was being lazy and trying to save myself a few steps.

Yea man I wish you could help! HAHA I could definitely use another set of hands. And motivation. Between work and the new house I dont have a lot of time or energy to spend on the car right now... :/
Old Nov 21, 2016, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Hmm... good point. I guess I will drop the tranny then. Honestly, I was being lazy and trying to save myself a few steps.

Yea man I wish you could help! HAHA I could definitely use another set of hands. And motivation. Between work and the new house I dont have a lot of time or energy to spend on the car right now... :/
i know the feeling buddy...
Old Nov 24, 2016, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is sick, great thread so far! Excited to see it finished!
Old Nov 24, 2016, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
For me, motivation to work on the car simply waxes and wanes in natural cycles. Just go with, and enjoy, the away time Bakuro, then soon enough you'll get super-keen and do a power play to git'er dun.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks Schmitty! I am too. Im ready to have my car back on the road. LOL

@RalliartN You're 100% dead on. Thats always how it goes. And with all the other things going on its been badly back-burner'd.

-------

On another note however. My brother and I stopped by the garage to work on the Evo for a bit. We finished disconnecting the wiring harness since I am going to drop the tranny now. Disconnected the shifter cables. Then dropped the exhaust out from under the car. I was surprised to see absoutely zero rust on the HKS exhaust! My pile of stuff to take down to my grandpa's shop and get cleaned and detailed is growing larger every time I visit the car. LOL

Got to work this morning and had a little gift dropped on my desk. I'll be buying 4 of these from a co-worker. 1600cc bosch injectors!

Name:  20161128_090901_zpsj2we5ner.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  279.5 KB
Old Nov 28, 2016, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Got to work this morning and had a little gift dropped on my desk. I'll be buying 4 of these from a co-worker. 1600cc bosch injectors!

holy ****, those are big...forgive me if you mentioned it already, but have you decided on a turbo?

Quick Reply: My Evolution Ralliart