Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Evolution Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Honestly. I am still debating. Scott (TuningFork) recommended the FP Red which is what he used on his 2.4l car. I was leaning toward a PTE 6266 before that. Havent gotten much further than that. Im at a loss for recommendations from people. Because I want to build my car for track style driving not drag racing. I dont want to be waiting until 7000+ RPM to hit max boost. I trust Scott though so I am leaning toward the FP Red or Black.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Worked on the Evo over the last couple of nights.

Got the knuckles loose, and removed the axles. Decided to take a selfie since thats what I did the last time I removed a set of axles on my green lancer.

Then came back last night and removed the oil filter housing, broke loose the center diff, and dropped the whole engine and tranny out the bottom.

I never named the Evo. And last night I was making up some hashtags for instagram and took Evo and Ralliart and came up with #EvoRA. So I think the car's name is going to be Evora from now on. LOL
Old Dec 17, 2016, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
was it a pain in the *** to get all that out? did you need to remove the subframe?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

It wasn't too bad. I did it by myself so I just took my time with a floor jack, and a come along from above. I didn't need to remove the subframe either. If I boil it down I just had to lower it a bit, pull it forward, disconnect the driveshaft, then lower it all out the bottom. There was a lot more maneuvering there but I chalk that up to doing it by myself and not having a set of helping hands.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
never done it that way...sounds easier than pulling, but with the head on you'd need to have the car at least a half foot higher, which isn't a bad thing, if it's safe, like beefy stands. if the rad was ever a problem, it's very quick to remove.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 01:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
following - good work so far.. good luck with it
Old Jan 23, 2017, 08:29 PM

Where it's at bakuro117!

I am so hyped because I was reading you post while listening to Divenire of Ludovico Einaudi and it was like in all the great movies where the protagonist starts to fight back while the song elevates your spirit. I started out here

Shieeeeeettt
Old Jan 24, 2017, 06:42 AM
Evolved Member

LOL thanks Karnikaz. That music is pretty good. Im listening to it now.

-------

On another note. Sorry for the lack of updates. Ive been cleaning up a bunch of random parts and getting them ready to go onto the new block. Had to locate a good oil pump too. The bearing material ruined the old one. So I should have some assembly photos in the next few days.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by bakuro117
LOL thanks Karnikaz. That music is pretty good. Im listening to it now.

-------

On another note. Sorry for the lack of updates. Ive been cleaning up a bunch of random parts and getting them ready to go onto the new block. Had to locate a good oil pump too. The bearing material ruined the old one. So I should have some assembly photos in the next few days.
thanks for the update! Can't wait to see those pictures!
Old Mar 22, 2017, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Spend quite a bit of time on the Evo over the weekend.

Picked up the garage, it was a wreck. Removed a power steering line that got crushed during engine removal. Gotta have that remade. Removed the lowering springs from the rear suspension, and installed factory springs.

Then got around to working on the engine. Got the block and head assembled and bolted together. Waiting on some oil lines from MAP and to have my mainfold and oil pan cleaned.

Old Mar 22, 2017, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Spend quite a bit of time on the Evo over the weekend.

Picked up the garage, it was a wreck. Removed a power steering line that got crushed during engine removal. Gotta have that remade. Removed the lowering springs from the rear suspension, and installed factory springs.

Then got around to working on the engine. Got the block and head assembled and bolted together. Waiting on some oil lines from MAP and to have my mainfold and oil pan cleaned.

I thought you wanted to put a 4g69 or is that just a head swap?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Karnikaz
I thought you wanted to put a 4g69 or is that just a head swap?
4G69 Block and Crank. Evo 9 DOHC head.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Little bit of progress. Not many pictures. Got the engine timed and covers in place. Discovered that my cams are Tomei 260's. I am going to try using my original valve cover. I like the red again... Still waiting on my oil lines and pickup. Should arrive today according to the tracking number.

Finished up my patch harness. I'll be able to plug this guy into my factory harness and the Haltech Elite 2500 will be able to take control of the car.

Also spent the weekend cleaning up things. I sat inside the engine bay and detailed every nook and crevice I could get my fingers into. Cleaned all the lines and hoses. Went through my engine harness and patched up some messed up spots. Tucked some wires, and rerouted a few things. Cleaned the engine off and gave it a fresh coat of paint. And finally, I painted the centers of my wheels black instead of gunmetal gray.

Im starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Getting really excited to wrap this thing up and have it on the road again.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 08:12 AM

**** yeah

It looks like a complicated project but **** does it look neat! This might be a stupid question but does a 4g63 head and 4g69 block make it a 2.4L?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

It does. The 4g69 is virtually similar to the 4g63. So you dont come into some of the deck height issues that you do with the 4g64 option.

4g63 - 2.0l or 1997cc, 85mm bore, 88mm stroke
4g64 - 2.4l or 2351cc, 86.5mm bore, 100mm stroke, +6mm deck height
4g69 - 2.4l or 2378cc, 87mm bore, 100mm stroke

Quick Reply: My Evolution Ralliart