Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

04 Ralliart Engine Build around RRM's Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2008, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Ralliart Engine Build around RRM's Turbo Kit

EDIT!!! This thread WAS going to be a nitrous build, but as you read a few posts down, i change my mind to make it a turbo build. ignore the first few posts, and later on is some good infomation about bulletproofing the motor to make it handle 500whp. Again, this is a turbo/motor build, not a nitrious project.

END OF EDIT!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^PLEASE READ ABOVE!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

ALSO - look at post number 319 for a complete list of the mods i used for this motor build. Bring a tissue, you might spoil your pants.

Ok the name of the thread pretty much explains itself.

To be honest I'm a little Jelous of SSP_Ralliart's previous accomplishments with his ralliart LOL. So I think its time to say screw an evo and take the Ralliart to its limits.

I know this will be a long a grueling process (especially with my luck in the past) So I already took the ralliart off the road. Last week I bought an 01 1.8t jetta for my new daily driver. The Ralliart is now my dedicated full blown race car.

But I want suggestions, advice, and opinions before i take the plunge.

Next week i plan on dropping the motor and taking it apart. by the next month or so adding RRM's pistons, and look for some custom rods, and balence it all. Than do a little extra work to RRM's head i have. I know I'll be doing all that stuff at least, so i can add more boost.

But the nitrious. The NOS, or NAWS as you Fast and furious guys call it. I'm on the fence about this.

alot of you know my car runs about as good as a pregnant hooker. Always have problems with it. whether it be a gas problem, a tuning problem, or a rod getting thrown through my head. You think its worth the time and money to get this car setup for it? I mean the car can barely handle 11psi and i can't find a tuner to really make it run perfect. Do you think a built bottom end can handle 13-15psi and some N2O?

what do you guys think i should do to prep for it. and do you think its even possible? I'm thinking worse comes to worse i get the car running, and drive accross country to RRM and have them do the tuning lol.

Its gonna be a project now. and now that the ralliart isn't my daily driver, i can do pretty much whatever i want to it. No more minor bolt on's
Think its worth it? Will the car handle the boost and nitrious good? where can i get it tuned?

Last edited by Ralliart_on_LSD; Sep 21, 2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 11:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I see fire in your future.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=372071
Old Nov 25, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

First step...start exploring stand alones. If it's no longer a DD, why not?

With pistons and rods, I don't think there's any reason why what you're planning wouldn't be possible... Srt4 guys often throw that much boost at their comparably-sized "big block" 4 banger. Personally, were I in your position, I'd focus on the turbo aspect, and beef that up and see what's possible, prior to adding nitrous.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

yea that is true. It would probably be easier to throw on a bigger turbo and tune it to 12 psi than it would be to tune some n2o. Not only is there no aftermarket for our car, but there is nobody who can tune it either. I think it might be way easier to up the boost or put on a bigger turbo. hmmm... something to think about.
Old Nov 26, 2008, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
whats wrong with your tune now? I thought you said it was running "perfectly".
Old Nov 26, 2008, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you need any help i can help you out. I have been R&D some components that i am trying to see if they can handle the amount of stress they will receive. I can either make you rods thats can handle in different stages or just a set good for 700+HP. It is all up to you man. I can also do some work on your stock crank shaft or even make you one that is stronger material. Just give me a buzz if you are interested.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

No reason to put a larger turbo on unless your maxing out the 16g. I say build it up to handle about 13 or so psi then add nitrous. Also some mickey thompson radials that way you have more of a chance to hook
Old Nov 28, 2008, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Now that i think about it, i think adding N2o would just make the car a tuning nightmare. If i get n2o i would have to get the car delivered to RRM and have them tune it to run right. If i just put in a bigger turbo i could hit 350-400whp and it be slightly easier to tune. Than maybe later on in life throw on some nitrious. but for the most part for now, it'll be just to hard to tune. I'd have to get custom wire harness and stand alone's and it'll take forever and alot of money to finish. Than tuning it. DAYS on the dyno. yeah right lol.

anybody know how much money it would cost to have my car delivered from NJ to cali?
Old Nov 28, 2008, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

mods, is there a way i can change the name of this thread to larger turbo build, instead of N2O build? lol
Old Nov 29, 2008, 08:19 AM

It is hard to mod your daily drive....(ask me) you have little time to work 'cause you'll need it the next day or next monday at the most...
Now that you have other ride you can do things a lot better.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

It would be incredibly sweet to have a Nitrous/Turbo Ralliart, but like you said, it'd probably be a tuning nightmare. IMO I would pull the engine like you said, and build it from the bottom up. And now that it's no longer a daily driver...tune it for racing fuel. lol
Old Dec 2, 2008, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

not a bad idea. i have easy access to that, and i can up the boost big time with racing fuel. and your right the car won't be a daily driver. so as soon as i get jersey Show car insurance on the car, i'll probably drive it twice a month or something, or tow it to the drag strip.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I gotta see this car sometime. Or maybe even bring my car there next season for BOTI. Good Luck with your project LSD.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

talked to a few people that i can get turbo's and race gas from cheap, and my mechanic. They both said my best plan is to build up a motor bulletproof'd, than run this turbo to its max potential. See what kind of numbers I pull out of it. That way i get less lag, and it will still be easier to tune, since its such a nightmare.

So with a built bottom end, what do you think the max psi i can run out of this kit BEFORE i upgrade the turbo???

Quick Reply: 04 Ralliart Engine Build around RRM's Turbo Kit