Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Race Gas Tune

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Race Gas Tune

I am pretty sure I already know the answer to this is no but has anyone on here made a higher boost tune tune for race fuel on their Ralliarts yet? I was just curious if anyone has really pushed them yet. If anyone turbo has boosted too much and messed up anything what was it also.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have seen a number of engines expired from incorrect cylinder balance. One was running race fuel at 10 psi but his kit wasn't designed to run 10 psi. The pistons seem to be the weak spot on this engine. It usually seems to be #3 or #4 that goes but that's the fault of a 5th injector running those cylinders lean.

The engine is capable of putting down 260whp with relative ease and good reliability but I'm still working on the load stuff. I would like to test it out with a GT3076R but I think that would drive the price of the kit up too much.

-Michael
Old Jun 30, 2009, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

So if someone were to put together a custom turbo kit for the Ralliart (on a reasonable budget) would you recommend a turbo other than a stock Evo 8 or 9 turbo. I just bought a Civic that I was planning on building for a fun car but it gets a good bit better gas mileage and everything than my Ralliart so I was sort of considering being different and modding my Ralliart instead. My Ralliart is an automatic transmission and the Civic is a manual and as weird as this may seem to people I think it is more fun messing around in the Ralliart being able to just mash the gas and not have to mess with shifting and everything too.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

I would definately just upgrade my injectors and not mess with the 5th injector by the way Where are you located at??? Sorry about a second post I just totally forgot that in my first.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ridenrunwv
I would definately just upgrade my injectors and not mess with the 5th injector by the way Where are you located at??? Sorry about a second post I just totally forgot that in my first.
+1 on the injectors