Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
well you could run 300+ hp safely. just not on stock internals youd definitley want to upgrade your block. machine in oil squirters, better pistons and rods, maybe a stronger crank, stronger head studs, some pnp work would probably help, along with a good setup for your turbo. its absolutley possible. itll just take some work.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by truthdweller
Really? If I'm not mistaken, a 4g69 on a MT is the same as that on an AT. Were talking engines not tranny's. With 300whp on a 2378cc 4g69 MIVEC engine with stock internals, my limited knowledge would venture to guess that it wouldn't last long. Just like the EVO that reached 1000+ whp...they were blowing up engines to reach that mark, but for practicality purposes, such that Brent's car has proven...NOT!
I think what he means is your transmission will safely run 250 whp. You better be buying a transmission cooler. I'm going to be running more boost on my car very shorty. Moving from the 7psi rrm's kit comes with to a larger wastegate spring rated for 10.1 psi. We'll see how this automatic transmission holds up soon enough
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont want to start any riots and this is my opinion only, but to me the Sport back is just "UGLY". Its like a Wagon hatch. I guess everyone has there own likes and opinions tho.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mikemike396
I dont want to start any riots and this is my opinion only, but to me the Sport back is just "UGLY". Its like a Wagon hatch. I guess everyone has there own likes and opinions tho.
Yeah, I'll confess, the Sportback is pretty darn ugly...

................................................NO T !!!!!!!

Last edited by truthdweller; Aug 24, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn! Okay that actually looks pretty slick. I was talking about something more like this ->
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by mikemike396
Damn! Okay that actually looks pretty slick. I was talking about something more like this ->
Its the coolest looking minivan ull ever see :P jk jk
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

An artist has to have a canvas to start with. I think this artist did pretty well!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Unrelated...

Last edited by truthdweller; Aug 25, 2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: OT
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:27 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well truth like Blaire said ,I was referring to the trans being able to handle the extra hp not the motor. I didn't mean to strike a nerve , it seemed like there was some tension in your post , we are all here to help each other.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
Well truth like Blaire said ,I was referring to the trans being able to handle the extra hp not the motor. I didn't mean to strike a nerve , it seemed like there was some tension in your post , we are all here to help each other.

I suppose I was trying "help each other" by getting back on track, the calculated max HP for the 4g69 before internals needed to be addressed. No biggy, all smiles on this end...
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:57 PM

Really? If I'm not mistaken, a 4g69 on a MT is the same as that on an AT. Were talking engines not tranny's. With 300whp on a 2378cc 4g69 MIVEC engine with stock internals, [B]my limited knowledge would venture to guess[B/] that it wouldn't last long. Just like the EVO that reached 1000+ whp...they were blowing up engines to reach that mark, but for practicality purposes, such that Brent's car has proven...NOT!
This is great , having limited knowledge and guessing, your comparing a 300 hp ralliart to a 1000 hp evo thats to much

................................................NO T !!!!!!!
This is the icing on the cake , you compared that RHD voltex evolution to your sportback. Your definitely a dreamer but you right we all have to start somewhere.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Best Idea
This is great , having limited knowledge and guessing, your comparing a 300 hp ralliart to a 1000 hp evo thats to much

This is the icing on the cake , you compared that RHD voltex evolution to your sportback. Your definitely a dreamer but you right we all have to start somewhere.
Oh my goodness, do I really have to? Well, that's a perfect example of what happens when you don't read the prior threads. "300" whp on a 4g69 with stock internals, vs 1000 whp on an 2.0 Evo (whether modified or not) was in reference to the cliche', "you can do anything once," but the life expectancy of either, I'd have to make an educated "guess" because of my "limited knowledge" in this field (Paramedicine was my profession) would be short lived.

The poster stated that he thought the "sportback" was "UGLY." I posted the picture of the Evo, albeit "Sportback" version, in hopes of changing his opinion. By his response, I believe it did. I wasn't comparing "my" vehicle...come now Best Idea

Last edited by truthdweller; Aug 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

So, back to Forced Induction...

I noticed on the original Turbokits.com kit that the IC appears to have a welded piece of piping attached to the top of it via a narrow duct. Is that peculiar to this kit only or is it a separate piece that attaches to the IC, or is it attached at all?!

Last edited by truthdweller; Aug 25, 2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 02:46 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Truth , its the picture angle, that part is actually connected to the piping above the intercooler not the intercooler itself.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
Truth , its the picture angle, that part is actually connected to the piping above the intercooler not the intercooler itself.
I was looking up the IC on the Turbokits.com site and said,"The IC's don't look like that...???" And then I thought that maybe this kit was an exception, and then I was confused even further, lol. One day it'll all come together!

There is another "duct" on the elbow above that piece, are those vacuum line connections? Okay I'm putting it together, THAT elbow above comes off the TB (with MAF sensor), and the duct is for the PCV hose. Those ducts just appear larger in the photos and are throwing me.

Last edited by truthdweller; Aug 25, 2012 at 05:03 AM.

Quick Reply: 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build