Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry your sportback was down. No updates for a while, hopefully not out of frustration!

What's up now? Get it solved?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by floating doc
Sorry your sportback was down. No updates for a while, hopefully not out of frustration!

What's up now? Get it solved?
Been thinking about you guys too...

Tomorrow I have no choice but to get my car towed back to my garage, for it's been sitting in the NJ summer elements since it first went to the shop, and it's going to get destroyed by doing so. I can't believe I've let it go this long, but I'm giving the mechanic the benefit of the doubt, but he's hit a dead end. I got my bro in law on the phone with him and some new suggestions were made, but he hasn't gotten around to addressing it. Another old coworker of his was suppose to be contacted to give him a hand, whom I contacted myself, but the meet still hasn't happened. My #4 cylinder is not getting any spark, and apparently all avenues have been addressed. Obviously not though for it's still sitting.

Last edited by truthdweller; Aug 11, 2015 at 08:44 PM. Reason: punctuation/grammar
Old Aug 12, 2015, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that!

Wouldn't fire with a new ECU!

I'd be way over my head if it were me in that situation. Good luck! I'll be thinking of you.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 01:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by truthdweller
Been thinking about you guys too...

Tomorrow I have no choice but to get my car towed back to my garage, for it's been sitting in the NJ summer elements since it first went to the shop, and it's going to get destroyed by doing so. I can't believe I've let it go this long, but I'm giving the mechanic the benefit of the doubt, but he's hit a dead end. I got my bro in law on the phone with him and some new suggestions were made, but he hasn't gotten around to addressing it. Another old coworker of his was suppose to be contacted to give him a hand, whom I contacted myself, but the meet still hasn't happened. My #4 cylinder is not getting any spark, and apparently all avenues have been addressed. Obviously not though for it's still sitting.

if you know cylinder 4 isn't getting ignition, it should be pretty easy...
Old Aug 13, 2015, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
if you know cylinder 4 isn't getting ignition, it should be pretty easy...
Was the no.4 coil replaced ?
Old Aug 17, 2015, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2006_RA
Was the no.4 coil replaced ?
Yes...obviously something has been missed.

I just got off the phone with "Angel," the owner of the shop that's been working on my car, and I told him I'd have a tow truck pick up my car tomorrow morning. He's only asking $100 for his efforts, fair enough. I'll keep you all posted.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
not a whole lot going on there...did they meter the wiring?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

Finally got it back in the garage on Tuesday...

Old Aug 24, 2015, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe you can swap a injector and see if the problem still happens?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 02:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jakermeister
Maybe you can swap a injector and see if the problem still happens?

Apparently, all of the above was tested and he hit a dead end.

Update: Got motivated and although still not comfortable with electrical all the way around, I used common sense and started troubleshooting. My conclusion was pretty conclusive after two days, and what I found wasn't what I expected, but I'm glad i found it no matter. The "part" was still under manufacture warranty from Rock Auto (clue) so it's on its way from California and should arrive in a few days. It should solve the problem, and yes, this test had supposedly already been performed. Goes to show you though.

Oh, jakermeister, I myself, checked power to all injectors with a NOID light and they all have power.

Last edited by truthdweller; Sep 17, 2015 at 02:13 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

So the replacement coil was bad ? Although an earlier post states that it was swapped with the other one to no avail.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

So the replacement coil was bad ? Although an earlier post states that it was swapped with the other one to no avail.
First of all, I didn't know what I was doing when I was initially trouble shooting the problem, so throw that attempt out the window. Second, i'm not sure what my mechanic did/didn't do, but now, it appears he missed something obvious, for yes, one coil is not operating, and it was the #4 cylinder.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

I am glad it was something relatively easy to fix. I think you need to stop underestimating your own abilities and knowledge. Anytime you think you cant handle something you should read this thread !
Old Sep 18, 2015, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

I am glad it was something relatively easy to fix. I think you need to stop underestimating your own abilities and knowledge. Anytime you think you cant handle something you should read this thread !
Well, I'm not out of the woods yet! It's fear of the unknown is all, and not having the facilities /room I need. Always looking for the easy way out too. I'm really surprised I took on turbocharging my car, what was I thinking, lol!

Last edited by truthdweller; Sep 18, 2015 at 05:50 AM.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Stay strong, look ahead, and keep surprising yourself. And you've helped a lot of people by taking the time to share and post these experiences. 2006_RA's comment is gold: re-read this thread when you get down.

Quick Reply: 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build