Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

04 - 06 Turbo RA's?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
that's really dumb on their part...
Old Aug 25, 2012, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
that's really dumb on their part...
agreed!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't have a Lancer, but I do have a boosted 4G69.

I drive a 06 Eclipse GS, and it's been boosted for almost two months now. I just have a couple thousand miles on it @ between 5 and 6lbs. Keeping the boost low until I can upgrade the clutch.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

nice how do you like the Eclipse? I drove the GT and didnt really like it. Whats your take on it?
Old Sep 5, 2012, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
From my understanding it's all out the door , Brent has the only Turbokits.com kit for the 4g69.

Yup, Jesse @ turbbokits.com said he stopped the project...but I still see the kit up on the Turbokits.com site...interesting. After the decision to drop the project, I contacted Jesse via phone call and asked if he could produce one more kit just for me so I too could "live the dream" in my '04 Sportback AT (i was to be the AT mock up for the kit). He said that if his fabricators still had the samples that they used for Brent's car, he would.. But in the end, it never happened.

Now, my finances are dwindling and I'm in the, "hurry up and wait mode with taking care of the fuel management mods for the same kit.

Last edited by truthdweller; Sep 5, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

just cause they didn't sell 5 kits right off the line, they scrap the project? that's BS...at least sell some manifolds or something...
Old Sep 6, 2012, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

just not an active enough market for it. How much did they charge initially for the kit?
Old Sep 6, 2012, 08:58 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Right around 4k+
Old Sep 6, 2012, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
just cause they didn't sell 5 kits right off the line, they scrap the project? that's BS...at least sell some manifolds or something...
I agree with Crans! Why the heck scrap the whole thing. I am sure over the next few years they could do some business. They shouldn't expect to get a bunch of people at first. I am going turbo just not right now. In a year or two, which I would have considered turbokits.com. RRM did it and they still have the kit available. Its all bs to me. Whatever!

Last edited by mikemike396; Sep 6, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

I think RRM wont be carrying the kits anymore soon. More focused on new products and vehicles atm. Might still do a kit here and there if the price is right though.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

with 04 Ralliarts now selling for less than $5k in canada, it's not unreasonable to assume, many that were bought new by older people who were not interested in modding will get scooped up by a younger generation, and modified...and it's quite clear that the turbokits.com kit is better quality and more reliable than RRM's kit...and from what i've seen makes more power, for around the same price.If they at least keep it as an option, they will sell kits, now when these people interested in modding type 2004 lancer ralliart turbokit into google, and evoM links come up and they read this stuff about how turbokits.com scrapped the project, all they are doing is deterring potential customers just cause they didn't have 5 people with $4k each right off the start...it's not that there's no interest, i guarantee there RA owners out there, that don't even post on this forum that would be interested if they knew...
Old Sep 6, 2012, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys & Gals,

It's Jesse from TurboKits.com. Since we are no longer an advertiser, we can't post under TurboKits.com so I am borrowing a username.

Anyway, there is more behind the scenes that made our decision than was made public. It was not purely a money play.

History: Brett came to us with a kit that he and Mike had built and said, there is a market, you should mass produce it, we need to be in the $4k range. We told Brett that we couldn't hit that price point or go into production unless there were at-least 10 people. Brent assured me that there were (and more) so we went ahead and built samples for testing and sent them up to Brent. It was over a year from when we first got the kit until we posted the info online. Over that time I had started to get the brush off and general feeling that Brent and Mike weren't going to be able to do the tuning. I finally talked to Brett and he said he was having a hard time getting Mike to finish the tune and not release the kit until it was ready. A few months later I get a call from Brent saying that the tune is nailed and to go ahead and release the info, so I did. Then I get another call from Brent saying that he and Mike are not working together anymore and that he was trying to find another tuner. So basically, I couldn't trust that we could get the tuning supplied if we went ahead and moved forward with the kit. Since the kit was under our name, we would ultimately be responsible for it's success, we didn't want a bunch of Ralliart kits that no one can use. Couple that with all of the flip/flopping and lack of confidence I had that Brent and Mike were going to hold up their end of the bargain, and we pulled away from advertising it and stopped the group buy. We are truly sorry it had to work out that way and maybe if a viable tuning solution comes to the market we'll think about putting out a "Parts Only Kit (no tuning)" for the DIYers. But for now, we have other projects that have taken over priority.

Sorry Brent and Mike if this offends you, but I can't sit by anymore and get bashed over and over on this.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlackLabelFab
Hey Guys & Gals,

It's Jesse from TurboKits.com. Since we are no longer an advertiser, we can't post under TurboKits.com so I am borrowing a username.

Anyway, there is more behind the scenes that made our decision than was made public. It was not purely a money play.

History: Brett came to us with a kit that he and Mike had built and said, there is a market, you should mass produce it, we need to be in the $4k range. We told Brett that we couldn't hit that price point or go into production unless there were at-least 10 people. Brent assured me that there were (and more) so we went ahead and built samples for testing and sent them up to Brent. It was over a year from when we first got the kit until we posted the info online. Over that time I had started to get the brush off and general feeling that Brent and Mike weren't going to be able to do the tuning. I finally talked to Brett and he said he was having a hard time getting Mike to finish the tune and not release the kit until it was ready. A few months later I get a call from Brent saying that the tune is nailed and to go ahead and release the info, so I did. Then I get another call from Brent saying that he and Mike are not working together anymore and that he was trying to find another tuner. So basically, I couldn't trust that we could get the tuning supplied if we went ahead and moved forward with the kit. Since the kit was under our name, we would ultimately be responsible for it's success, we didn't want a bunch of Ralliart kits that no one can use. Couple that with all of the flip/flopping and lack of confidence I had that Brent and Mike were going to hold up their end of the bargain, and we pulled away from advertising it and stopped the group buy. We are truly sorry it had to work out that way and maybe if a viable tuning solution comes to the market we'll think about putting out a "Parts Only Kit (no tuning)" for the DIYers. But for now, we have other projects that have taken over priority.

Sorry Brent and Mike if this offends you, but I can't sit by anymore and get bashed over and over on this.
ah ok. Now the real story comes out. And for the record i wasnt bashing but figured the pull out was due to lack on interest.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey Jesse, Gary again.....................I NEED PARTS...lol!

Honestly, the money is about gone now, but it was fun while it lasted. Glory to God.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BlackLabelFab
Hey Guys & Gals,

Well the kit Mike designed is a very nice and functional design, as parts only would still be a nice product to offer...prior to the ability to tune the stock ECU, people were still using stand alone, or piggyback ECU's...you have a design, use it...look for a new tuning solution if you have to...As for the group buy, there were in fact quite a number of guys who said they were in and backed out, and a lot of people stopping by asking about what was available, and people were advised to wait until the release of the turbokits.com kit, but those guys never showed up...not to mention it would require only minor changes to make the kit work on 4g Eclipses, and 9g Galant...there is a market...exposure and advertising could have been more thorough, just my thoughts, Gary (truthdweller) was the only one spreading the word on other lancer forums...

Quick Reply: 04 - 06 Turbo RA's?