Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Racer Xs Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
An alternative may be to try the 4G63 ancillary configuration, that may give the space you need.
Old May 20, 2015, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If it's not going to be your daily driver then sure, deleting the AC will allow you to create a normal looking down pipe with an adequate radius in it. I can see by the design of the manifold that your not having to deal with the rear space issues that plagued me (if you only knew how much time/money that saves you). Although, what about the forward room issues now? Has this manifold been mocked up already with slim fans?

Last edited by truthdweller; May 20, 2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by truthdweller
what about the forward room issues now? Has this manifold been mocked up already with slim fans?
I was wondering the same thing. It looks pretty thick. It not going to interfere with the radiator or fans? What turbo is that? (sorry if you've already stated I probably read it and forgot)
Old May 21, 2015, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
I built my turbo kit to accommodate the ac compressor, and wouldn't you know the ****ing thing hasn't worked in 3 years... I just wear shorts and roll the windows down...
Old May 28, 2015, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Not really sure what the 4g63 ancillary configuration is.. Not sure about space but if worse comes to worse I'll run a small Honda radiator and slim fan. Yeah my ac hasn't worked since I bought the car haha so I don't really care for it...
Old May 29, 2015, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We have the alternator and AC compressor at the front, with the power steering at the rear. The 4G63 has the alternator at the back.

Check this thread:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...vec-turbo.html

There are brackets on the block that hold these in place, you would need the brackets.
Old May 29, 2015, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
I was wondering the same thing. It looks pretty thick. It not going to interfere with the radiator or fans? What turbo is that? (sorry if you've already stated I probably read it and forgot)
Its a 16g turbo
Old Feb 28, 2019, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Rise from your grave!!!

Well all I still have the car, got the head put back on with ADP head studs. Need to put some seals on and the timing belt and the intake... I'm hoping to see if some of the OGs are still around going to need a lot of help identifying nuts and bolts and hopefully getting it back together. I may put a lot of the turbo stuff up for sale so stay tuned for that I just want my car running again.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Yo! I'm still around. I check in and see what's going on every now and then. Glad to see your back on here!

The "4g69 Tear Down Detail" thread may help you identify some of the bolts and nuts and such. I tried to take as many pictures as I could and lay out all that stuff so it's obvious.
The following users liked this post:
RacerX-Ralliart (Mar 6, 2019)
Old Mar 5, 2019, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Cool I just bookmarked that one and the disassembly of the transmission since I still have that apart as well, to bad there isn't a reassembly video I guess that one never came out huh? The ralliart section of this forum seems really dead... glad I got a response though thank you
Old Sep 25, 2020, 03:57 AM
Evolved Member

Soooo my plan currently is to get the engine and trans back into the chassis and get this baby running than continue with the turbo install. @bakuro117 i was going to tune it via uvtune which I still have all my emails and hopefully tune files in those emails because my dogs ate the hard drive I had them saved onto.. worse case scenario is I can still tune it with a haltech elite product is this correct?
Old Oct 1, 2020, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

@RacerX-Ralliart Absolutely. Hit me up. I'll give you a smoking deal on one.

Im going to shoot you a PM real quick.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

5 years in the making, video didn’t want to upload but I turned it over and it fired right up. It did go full throttle for some reason luckily the rev limiter kicked in at 3k RPM

Old Oct 22, 2020, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

Pulled the codes and I got a throttle position high circuit which is called the pedal position sensor can’t find it at any part store... looking online I found the part number but I found some for 200+ or 30 bucks... the other thing I don’t know is if the O2 sensors aren’t hooked up will this cause the TPS/PPS To go out of whack. Planning on getting the exhaust hooked up tomorrow including the O2 sensors to see if that clears the TPS/PPS. I also have codes for the O2 sensors.. all in all pretty happy the engine is running and can bounce off two step and not blow up, the real test will be one it’s on the ground rolling.

I disconnected the TPS/PPS and the car idled at around 1500rpms so my guess is the wiring is fine and didn’t get eaten by mice (I’ll still go over the wires to make sure they are fine) and the sensor just went bad from sitting in the sun... hopefully
Old Mar 8, 2021, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RacerX-Ralliart
Pulled the codes and I got a throttle position high circuit which is called the pedal position sensor can’t find it at any part store... looking online I found the part number but I found some for 200+ or 30 bucks... the other thing I don’t know is if the O2 sensors aren’t hooked up will this cause the TPS/PPS To go out of whack. Planning on getting the exhaust hooked up tomorrow including the O2 sensors to see if that clears the TPS/PPS. I also have codes for the O2 sensors.. all in all pretty happy the engine is running and can bounce off two step and not blow up, the real test will be one it’s on the ground rolling.

I disconnected the TPS/PPS and the car idled at around 1500rpms so my guess is the wiring is fine and didn’t get eaten by mice (I’ll still go over the wires to make sure they are fine) and the sensor just went bad from sitting in the sun... hopefully
Hey man! I know we've talked on FB or Insta, but its been a minute. How's the car coming along?

Quick Reply: Racer Xs Turbo Build