Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Dirtyralli's turbo build

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2015, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dirtyralli's turbo build

The time has come for me to boost my car, i will be buying most of the parts over the winter and will be getting my friends at rs tuning to fabricate and put it together for me.

I will update as much as i can here on the parts i buy and during the build.

So far i have a t25 garrett turbo and a mishimoto z line intercooler.

Im looking to have my car run very conservatively at around 8-10 psi, nothing more. I just want to have more fun with it while looking to get about 70-90 more to the wheels
Old Jul 18, 2015, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by DirtyRalli
The time has come for me to boost my car, i will be buying most of the parts over the winter and will be getting my friends at rs tuning to fabricate and put it together for me.

I will update as much as i can here on the parts i buy and during the build.

So far i have a t25 garrett turbo and a mishimoto z line intercooler.

Im looking to have my car run very conservatively at around 8-10 psi, nothing more. I just want to have more fun with it while looking to get about 70-90 more to the wheels

good luck...can't wait to see the manifold...once they make you one, tell them to make a single copy of it, and send it off to get molded and cast copies made
Old Jul 19, 2015, 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
good luck...can't wait to see the manifold...once they make you one, tell them to make a single copy of it, and send it off to get molded and cast copies made
Thanks buddy, lol yeah thats a good idea
Old Jul 19, 2015, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DirtyRalli
Thanks buddy, lol yeah thats a good idea
unless you're getting like a crazy equal length or ram horn or something...did they give you a rough estimate of cost? I know it will be a fair bit, but an estimate for just the manifold would be interesting, then people could see the differences between buying a pre-made manifold like the one from RPW, vs. having a speed shop fab one up for you...
Old Jul 19, 2015, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

unless you're getting like a crazy equal length or ram horn or something...did they give you a rough estimate of cost? I know it will be a fair bit, but an estimate for just the manifold would be interesting, then people could see the differences between buying a pre-made manifold like the one from RPW, vs. having a speed shop fab one up for you...
Im just going to get whatever fits the best and performs good, i havent got an estimate on cost yet but as soon as i do i will post it up. Those pre made manifolds from rpw and rrm are way more expensive, im sure the price will be fair to have it custom fabed
Old Jul 19, 2015, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Already said it on instagram but I'm glad to see you starting a turbo build. If I remember correctly weren't you wanting to stay NA? What made you decide to go turbo?
Old Jul 19, 2015, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Already said it on instagram but I'm glad to see you starting a turbo build. If I remember correctly weren't you wanting to stay NA? What made you decide to go turbo?
Yeah your right i was planning to stay NA because i just wanted to buy an evo 8 but then i ended up buying a new f150, so it was one or the other lol. I already put so much time and money into my ra whats a few dollars more to have a sick boosted unique car! Plus i was also worried about the age of the motor considering im at about 203000 km but iv always maintained my car so im sure it can handle some low boost
Old Jul 19, 2015, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Heres a pic of my garrett t25 and my mishimoto ic

Old Jan 25, 2016, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did the build die? what happen?
Old Jun 5, 2016, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

This build is temporarily on hold until fall/winter
Old Jun 6, 2016, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

damn, I was hoping for an update on this...what are your current plans for the manifold?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 03:42 AM
Evolving Member

damn, I was hoping for an update on this...what are your current plans for the manifold?
I know it sucks it wont happen this summer but forsure in the fall. My plans for the manifold is to get a custom fabbed log style manifold. Hopefully it fits and i wont have to get a ram horn style or anything else.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 03:45 AM
Evolving Member

Parts list update:

Mishimoto z line intercooler
Evo 3 bap map sensor
Evo arp head studs
Mishimoto catch can
Aem boost gauge
Walbro 255 fuel pump

I had a t25 turbo but i had to sell it because it was too small for the displacment. I am most likely gonna go with a garrett gt28 unless anyone else has suggestions for a turbo?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
I dont really have any specific turbos in mind for you. But I will say this: Be careful about what you go with. There is a lot less room than you think for placement if your going with the standard location. In all seriousness on the RA platform if your wanting a properly sized turbo I would go with a halfsize radiator, or at the very least get a pusher fan setup from an Evo and ditch the passenger side fan on the back of the radiator. You have an aftermarket rad too if I remember correctly. So your going to have even less space to work with.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
I dont really have any specific turbos in mind for you. But I will say this: Be careful about what you go with. There is a lot less room than you think for placement if your going with the standard location. In all seriousness on the RA platform if your wanting a properly sized turbo I would go with a halfsize radiator, or at the very least get a pusher fan setup from an Evo and ditch the passenger side fan on the back of the radiator. You have an aftermarket rad too if I remember correctly. So your going to have even less space to work with.
Thanks for the tips bakuro, ill have to look into all that. Maybe even change the style of tye manifold if i have to

Quick Reply: Dirtyralli's turbo build