Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2005 Lancer Ralliart worth upgrading at 150k miles?

Old Jul 20, 2015, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Lancer Ralliart worth upgrading at 150k miles?

I just bought an 05 Ralliart with 150k miles but only 30k miles on the engine. It was incredibly well taken care of (older driver) and is by far the cleanest used car with 100k+ miles i have seen. I'm just wondering if it would be worth making this car turbo at its high miles. I'll probably be getting CAI and catback exhaust no matter what but I'd really like to find someone on here with used parts. The RRM 16g turbo kit seems like an easy option but costs the same amount of money I paid for this car. Also apparently it isn't really all that high quality anyway from what ive read on here..

Where can I find used turbo/parts for my 05 ralliart? Is there anything out there besides the RRM turbo kit?
Is a 150k miles (30k engine) car worth performing big upgrades like turbo on?

Thanks. This is my first post.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Short answer is: Yes.

If the engine only has 30k on it then your good to go. And as long as the body is rust free I see no reason not to beat on it.

As far as the turbo stuff. There are several threads on here that list what all you need to make your own kit. The RRM kit is WAY over priced, and their tuning is crap.

Welcome to the forums!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Short answer is: Yes.

If the engine only has 30k on it then your good to go. And as long as the body is rust free I see no reason not to beat on it.

As far as the turbo stuff. There are several threads on here that list what all you need to make your own kit. The RRM kit is WAY over priced, and their tuning is crap.

Welcome to the forums!
Thanks! Yeah that's what I've gathered on here, that the RRM kit is super overpriced and sub par anyway. I wasn't worried about my relatively new engine but was wondering how the rest of the body deteriorates after 150k miles. Is it pretty much primarily the engine that suffers with high mileage?

And yeah I've been looking around a bit for info on how to put togeter my own turbo kit but I don't know a whole lot about what pieces fit what and whether certain parts can be a part of an 04-06 ralliart.
Old Jul 24, 2015, 04:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
almost everything is universal...expect the manifold and downpipe of course
Old Aug 1, 2015, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your info says you're in sc....
if the car is southern you'll little to worry about(no ridiculous winters and excessive road salt to worry about) as far as "body and frame" deterioration...specially since u mentioned it's very well taken care of
if it's a northern car...well it should still be ok....but know that a lot of bolts and things can rust seized and break off easily...

just make sure nothing is out of the ordinary(too rusted, seized, broken or about to, missing etc) or just worn...
and you'll be fine..

also make sure you keep on top of maintenance...timing belt is not a good thing to loose - many horror stories on this forum about it even with good maintenance...
but you have some time, so you SHOULD be ok(assuming the engine was new when they installed it, or the belt was done on a used engine during install...)
Old Nov 24, 2015, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

My Ralliart has almost 300k km which is around 186.5k mi. I'm still working on a lot of various maintenance and service but I trust my car and I know my RA will take me far! Welcome to EvoM!