Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Making a turbo kit for my 04

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2015, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Making a turbo kit for my 04

Ok so I wanted to turbo my 2004 ralli. I got most of the parts but still stumped on a turbo manifold. This is a budget turbo kit. The parts I got so far.... greddy boost gauge,tial 44mm wastegate,oil pressureline,sti injectors,evo front mount,hard piping for a evo,gt28r,and some other small miscellaneous items. The few things I am not certain is trying to find a really nice manifold. And for tuning I keep reserving and finding that it is said to be tricky to tune these. Any extra help is appriciated.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
There are very few manifolds made for the Ralliarts. You'll find most people have custom made ones.

As for tuning. Do you use ECU Flash and Evo Scan on your evo or sti? If so the ECU/MMC flash will probably be the better option for you since you'd already be familiar with its systems.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by bakuro117
There are very few manifolds made for the Ralliarts. You'll find most people have custom made ones.

As for tuning. Do you use ECU Flash and Evo Scan on your evo or sti? If so the ECU/MMC flash will probably be the better option for you since you'd already be familiar with its systems.
I use aem ems. On both cars. I was reading about reflash but was looking to what company and programs do I need to serch for
Old Dec 4, 2015, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
which STI injectors do you have?

as far as i know, there are no pre-made manifolds for that turbo that are made with provisions for an external wastegate...
Old Dec 4, 2015, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Oh ok. Well your only options on the stock ECU are either Hackish's software Fastworks. Or Ottralliart and Merlin's setup (I helped them test this method on my RA) Which uses EvoScan, EcuFlash, and MMCflash. I spoke with one of the developers from EcuFlash and apparently they are hoping to have an update to remove MMC flash from the equation. Not sure if that has happened yet or not though.

As for manifolds. Like Crans I havent heard of anything for that specific turbo. Most of them are made for a 16g if I remember correctly. RRM, RPW, and one more place I cant think of were making manifolds. Ive seen lots of custom manifolds though. Or you could do what I was going to do. I bought an evo manifold, cut off the 4g63 flange, and was going to have a 4g69 flange welded to the manifold.
Old Dec 4, 2015, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
As for manifolds. Like Crans I havent heard of anything for that specific turbo. Most of them are made for a 16g if I remember correctly. RRM, RPW, and one more place I cant think of were making manifolds.

I will elaborate this a little. RRM's(road race motorsports) manifold is for DSM TD05H turbos (13g,14b, 16g, 18g etc.), but is set up for an external wastegate, and doesn't come with a downpipe, or even an O2 housing of sorts, that would plumb the wastegate into the exhaust system. It's also VERY expensive. The RPW (racing performance works) manifold is designed around a Garrett GT25 turbo with internal wastegate, so it should work with a GT28. The advantage of RPW's manifold is that a compatible pre-made downpipe can be purchased separately, the only downside being is that you would need an internally gated hot side for your GT28. It is also VERY expensive, less than RRM, but their shop is in Australia, so shipping would be the kicker. The only other manifolds I know of, is the STR (speed track racing) cast lost style manifold that is no longer in production, which would require a half rad, the motorsports engineering manifolds which I don't think are being produced anymore, and Stayer's turbo manifold for the 4g eclipse, he's in Russia and I don't think he's exporting them.

if you're on a budget, your best bet is to find someone who knows how to weld, and fabricate one yourself...

or you could be ghetto as **** like me...https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...-manifold.html

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Dec 4, 2015 at 07:13 PM.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
I will elaborate this a little. RRM's(road race motorsports) manifold is for DSM TD05H turbos (13g,14b, 16g, 18g etc.), but is set up for an external wastegate, and doesn't come with a downpipe, or even an O2 housing of sorts, that would plumb the wastegate into the exhaust system. It's also VERY expensive. The RPW (racing performance works) manifold is designed around a Garrett GT25 turbo with internal wastegate, so it should work with a GT28. The advantage of RPW's manifold is that a compatible pre-made downpipe can be purchased separately, the only downside being is that you would need an internally gated hot side for your GT28. It is also VERY expensive, less than RRM, but their shop is in Australia, so shipping would be the kicker. The only other manifolds I know of, is the STR (speed track racing) cast lost style manifold that is no longer in production, which would require a half rad, the motorsports engineering manifolds which I don't think are being produced anymore, and Stayer's turbo manifold for the 4g eclipse, he's in Russia and I don't think he's exporting them.

if you're on a budget, your best bet is to find someone who knows how to weld, and fabricate one yourself...

or you could be ghetto as **** like me...https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...-manifold.html
Tbh that was the idea I was going for. A log style cheap and my cousin is a welder so it may go hand in hand. The sti injectors are the pink ones. Well I want to keep this one external wategate.I am being a budget but if it get up there then I guess I'll continue. But I am pretty sure I can make a whole kit for under 2500......
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

you should be able to do it for 2,500 or less, if you're smart about it...remember the external wastegate will complicate the downpipe, unless you plan on venting it to atmosphere...which is not only illegal in most places for street cars, but also super loud, and not good for the bird and bees.

now, for that manifold...if I were to do it again, I would incorporate a collector of some kind...the "spout" on mine is very inefficient...I would even urge you to at least try a somewhat tubular design. Logs work, but they waste a fair bit of power.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 02:59 AM

Didn't know it was illegal some places. But here in hawaii all my turbo cars I did was a open gate. The manifold I wanted to do is the ram with the diy for a honda then just buying the 4g69 flange. I'm still collecting parts here and there for free from other friends atm