Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Performance Part Review

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2006, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM Piggyback AUTO

Works as great as the 5spd does id imagine, but it seems to make the shifting smoother. its alot more responsive and the gains are felt on the high end mainly but there are nice gains from idle to redline.

also even though im a little nervous to make any changes, looking at the software and getting alot more info about what the engine is doing is great.

there just is no downside to this mod!

10/10 in my book

RRM KICKS @$$
Old Jun 11, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Injen CAI for AUTOs

really a great part. installing the extension takes some fiddling but well worth it. and it can be a SRI for those wet seasons. i tried it both ways and the CA makes a difference but you get decent gains even with just the short ram installed.

8/10 just b/c the install
Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

RRM Piggyback and Axel-back exhaust.

Well i just finished my Piggyback and axel-back install and it was a breeze. The axel back was a perfect fit and sounds great, a nice low tone. The piggy was just as easy to install. After the learning period for the piggy, i took a ride on the highway. Its like driving a differant car!!! The car pulls soo much harder and faster. Im very impressed with both and with the excelent support from the RRM staff. Now all we need is a Enginge Managment / Tuning Forum for the Ralliart!
Old Jul 2, 2006, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

RPW 4-1 race design headers

RPW 4-1 Race Design Headers mandrel bent.... 2 styles have been fitted to my car a small diameter which is suitable for automatics and a larger diameter for 5 speed manuals.... results for the smaller diameter were a dyno and track proven p results, on the dyno we gained 12hp overal with the new exhaust at 21/2" and this was without any intake mods these results would be more if an appropriate intake, other than stock was installed

Track times jumped from 16.2sec @ 86mph stock as a rock to 15.5sec @ 89mph

We have installed the larger diameter headers but were not able to test them on the same dyno as previously and have not been able to get to the track due to winter and track shutting down for this period of time... as for a guesstimation as to improvements I would feel very confident that we lost some bottem end but gained a lot of top end possibly as much as 5hp as for track times and another guesstimation the car feels so much faster since we added the K&N pod filter only, I would say that a 15.3 maybe a 15.2 sec pass is not being unrealistic

fitment was reasonably easy just need to take your time but it all fitted up perfectly and works, sounds and performs awesomely

Downside is that I have not got the ceramic coated ones
Attached Thumbnails Performance Part Review-picture-400.jpg  
Old Jul 9, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

RRM Piggyback

I have had this for about three weeks now and wanted to leave some feedback here for other people.

First of all, the instructions were very simple. Any idiot could follow them, and I was no exception. I did, however, find that when they say they recommend you solder the connections they really really really meant it. Now, I still have not soldered the connections, but I took out the splice connectors and manually spliced all wires.

When you put the piggyback on, start the car and jiggle each wire individually. If the car does anything, like bogging down or stalling, you didn't do a good enough job splicing the wires. Redo them. I ended up doing this after having it in for a week (I was in the dash messing with my graphic EQ and decided to double check the wiring) and found that three of the wires needed to be fixed. So, DON'T use the supplied connectors at all. Either solder or manually splice these connections to ensure solid wire contact.

As far as performance I am very pleased. The car picks up better at all RPM's. When in 5th at freeway speeds the car is much faster when at wide open throttle. You can tell there is a big jump in power, and it makes you happy to use high octance fuel (1st gen map, got the piggy used Thanks Retro) This is definitely a necessary mod for the RA.

The only complaint I have is that it's even harder to tell who I'm NOT faster than anymore. And that's a problem anyone would be happy to have.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Zaklee (Robert's) Engine Damper

Ok i installed this like a month ago, and it's great. At first i had some problems installing it, because i removed mor nuts that i should have and the engine droped a little. But after i figured how it went, it was a ten minutes install.

It works great, both my best friend and my girlfriend noticed as sonn as they got in the car. I had to remove it last thursday because my car was going to the dealer and the difference is from heaven to earth.

Great install 10/10
Old Sep 14, 2006, 05:08 PM

injen cold air intake
rd1834 for an auto ralliart
best parts money can buy
10\10
custom cat back 2.5 inchs with a ractive fartcan
8\10
Old Sep 20, 2006, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Speed-Source Brass Bushings

This is for the kit that goes in the cables under the hood.
I received my package yesterday afternoon and decided to install it right away.
Fist thing i have to say is, be sure to have a couple of hours to spare, just in case your are not lucky enough to receive the bushings that fit. In my case installation was a PITA because the big bushing would not get in. I spent almost 2.5 hours sanding it with some sandpaper i had in my house (a small piece of sandpaper is supplied but is not enough). After installing th big bushing, it took me about 4 minute to install the small one (excellent fitment there) and the airbox.

Again, i have read some people complaining about this and some others saying they had no problems whatsoever. If you do not encounter this problem the install should take like 8-10 minutes.

My car has 20k miles and the shifter felt like new. When i decided to buy this i thought i would not feel that much of a difference and that it would just keep the stock feeling in the long run. Man was i wrong the difference is felt instantly, the shifter feels crisper and thighter, i just want ot keep shifting .

Great mod i will give it 7/10 just for the install hastle. Really worth the money
Old Oct 30, 2006, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

RRM headerback exhaust

This was great. needs some supporting mods but install wasn't bad and really stepped up the HP and TQ. awesome for anyone with the basics whose looking to stay N/A.

Definetly should come with the high flow cat. sounds way too raspy without it.

9/10 if they sold it with cat prewelded as an option it would be perfect
Old Dec 9, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

I recently installed an Injen CAI and RRM UDP. I am very supprised with the difference that these mods make. Makes driving much more fun, definately. I installed them at the same time so I cant rate them seperately. All in all I give them a 9/10.

I also installed some R1 Concept cross drilled and slotted rotors a while back. I give those a 8.5/10.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 03:43 PM

Just had the magnaflow cat-back installed today, very nice, i was supprised by how small the exhaust was, but a nice deep big sound, stays pretty quite until you are into it and even then it gets quieter as the rpm go up, highly reccomend thispart, installed for 560.00 Canadian, not to bad
Old Feb 10, 2007, 05:04 PM

[
Joe's pulley - well worth the money and as all of you may know by now, nice gains all around the powerband... buy this before he runs out, u'll regret it
Old Feb 10, 2007, 05:10 PM

sorry, for that. first time user. how are the reliability of this mod. is the quality of this product the same or better than the stock parts? don't what to bother with things falling apart. How much milage can i put on these? every day type driving, occasional racer.

thanks
Old Mar 21, 2007, 04:59 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ZAKLEE ALUMINUM SHIFTER BUSHINGS Great product worth the money , easier shifting, and it clicks in place sounds nice when shifting, it took around 5 minutes to install that included moving my CAI out of the way, nice all around.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

AEM SRI - great mod love the sound and when people ask are you turbo i laugh in there face

KARTBOY SHIFTER BUSHINGS AND BASE BUSHINGS - great mod took me a while to take apart the console great mod love the feel now i need a shift knob to spice it up

Quick Reply: Performance Part Review