Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Performance Part Review

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2005, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine Performance Part Review

Have a engine performance part that just sucks? or is great? Let us all in and tell us what to expect and voice your opinion on it. Keep it on topic. If your part is suspension related, there is a proper thread for it in the tire/suspension threads. Please, this is a review only, if you have a question, PM the person.

Last edited by BLKRalliArt04; Jun 22, 2005 at 08:33 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Rrm Sri

As far as performance, I recognized VERY little. I would not recommend this part unless you only care about sound. It is constructed very well but for 140 plus shipping, not really worth the price. But maybe its because I have an automatic.

Overall Score 3/10

Last edited by BLKRalliArt04; Jul 9, 2005 at 10:12 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Progress springs

My only complaint with the Progres spring kit is that the rear actually raised up .5" after the install. The front looks great! Now if they could only keep the rear at the stock lvl, or with the .5" advertised drop, I would love them.
I have a minor clunk in the front end now too, but I am not blaming the springs for that.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up Rrm Sri

I have the RRM SRI for a week now and i love it. The sound is really good and we can notice when the mivec kicks in easier. At high rpm (5000 to 6500), they is a sucking air sound. It's hard to tell about performance cauz i didn't go to the dyno or the track before and after the mod. But at my opinion you gain a lil bit in power specially at higher rpm. The product is well made like blkralliart said and come with a K&N filter. It took me a lil more than 1hour to install but after the first time it should take less then 30min (without damaging stock). The only bad thing i have to say is that i took me a mouth to received it but... that's another story.

Overall: 7.5/10
Old Jun 23, 2005, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Rrm Cai V2

I love the single tubbed V2. Super easy install which took probably and hour, and I had never done it before. The sound of the CAI is amazing at 3500, and at 6000 RPM's it screams. Right after install there was no CEL, but it threw cell 2 days later (went off again after 10 miles). Had the mod for 1000 miles and my gas milage went up a little, but haven't noticed it because I love flooring the thing. The power gains are more top end, but nothing to drastic. Fun mod, and practically worth the 200 bucks.

Total Grade: 7.5/10

Last edited by RAKenzo; Jun 24, 2005 at 06:03 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You won't feel much of a performance difference with the SRI, especially if you have an auto.

AEM dynoes:
CAI torque
CAI hp

SRI torque
SRI hp
Old Jun 23, 2005, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

RRM Piggyback = gain of 15HP.

Mine was dynoed with an Injen CAI and Magnaflow muffler. Definitely worth it to me.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKRalliArt04
As far as performance, I recognized VERY little. I would not recommend this part unless you only care about sound. It is constructed very well but for 140 plus shipping, not really worth the price. But maybe its because I have an automatic.
I felt the same thing. I'm auto too and I noticed a loss of low end actually. I took it back off. I will be getting a manual RA in awhile and i'll try it on that and see.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

RRM Axleback Exhaust

RRM Axleback exhaust.

Not much of a performance part, but still..

I have to say I love the sound. Its got a very deep tone to it. Its quiet enough when your not "giving it", but when you do "give er" it screams.. in a good non-raspy (like the Hondas) way. It sets off car alarms as I drive by. In fact, yesterday my girl got her blood pumping when we drove by a car and the alarm went off beside her

I had some problems with the install. For a direct-fit, the thing fit directly onto my bumper and melted the paint. Pretty friggin bad advertising if you ask me. Had to go to Canadian Tire and buy a universal exhaust mount and force my exhaust down. This included drilling a new hole in the rubber exhaust hanger. Not sure why I had problems.. I did notice that after the chamber, the piping takes off at like a 30-45 degree angle upwards...if it would have been straight, then I would have been able to call this thing a direct fit cuz it would have sat perfectly. I emailed Rock at RRM about the problem and he wasn't very helpful, just told me to check my hangers and didn't reply to my 2nd email.

It looks really good. The size of the thing is perfect for the stock bumper on our cars and fills the cut-out perfectly. Very nice in stainless steel with the Magnoflow logo printed on the top of the exhaust tip.

I noticed a slight increase in performance, but it was very little. Maybe 1-2 hp if that. Overall though, I am very happy with the look and sound and fitment issues aside, I am very happy with the product.

I give it a 7/10 where the 3 pts deducted are because this was supposed to be a direct bolt-on and I had to go spend 35$ at Canadian Tire to stick a bracket on there and hook it up properly. Pics to follow.

Last edited by Dre 8472; Jun 24, 2005 at 08:26 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

INJEN RD1833P COLD AIR INTAKE for 04/05 MT

Injen RD1833p Cold Air Intake

This part is great. Comes in one big box about 3' by 1.5' by 1'. In there you have everything you need in order to install the intake. It also comes with some cool white "Injen Technology" decals which I stuck on the rear of the sideskirts. Pics to follow!

So, the install was very easy. I had a buddy of mine do it for me in less than 1 hour. The stock piping is easy to take off, couple push pins, some screws and its all off. Next, we removed the battery so we could get to the battery shield. I'd always thought that the big plastic shield on the left side of the battery was ugly, so we cut that part off and left just the seat of the shield for the battery to be on. After removing the battery, we installed the intake with no issues whatsoever. Our cars were made for CAI's, theres no drilling necessary, the mounting holes already exist and nothing's using them (well, the stock airbox used one of them, but the other was just sitting there).

After putting everything together and sticking the battery back in I went for a test drive and noticed 2 very new characteristics to my car's power.

1. Low end torque = gone. The car pulls very slow in the 1-4.5K RPM range in anything but first. This isn't much of an issue though if you drive hard like me. When I get past 2nd gear I hardly ever fall into this rpm range and if I do, its usually in the Mivec profile.

2. 5K and up the car is flying now! You can definitely feel more power and the sound of the intake is effin sweet! Very nice loud sucking sound from 4.5-6.5K, and definitely a head turner. You can feel the increase in power, its very noticeable.

As for looks, the intake looks amazing. All polished steel with engraved Injen logos in red. Even the rubber sleeves have the Injen logo on them. Very top notch and could not have asked for better. The filter is pretty big and looks to be of good quality.

I installed the AEM 2.75" Bypass filter, which hooked up very well to the intake at the portion where you can convert to a SRI.

All in all, I give this product a 9/10. The fact that you can convert this to a short ram configuration as well as the very nice sound, performance gains and the ease of install all contributed to a very satisfied customer. I deducted 1 point because of the loss of low-end torque, but I have an RRM piggyback ecu waiting to be installed which is supposed to get that torque back to me. Review to come of piggyback. Pics to come later of intake.

Last edited by Dre 8472; Jun 24, 2005 at 08:27 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Works Clutch Line

Great mod and worth the money IMO. Stiffens up the clutch pedal by adding a lot more pressure in the line due to there not being any more rubber line left to expand. It doesn't make it too stiff though, at least I don't think so.

WARNING - If you don't have a lot of patience then I recommend you have a shop or the dealership do the install. Getting the banjo bolt off and back on is a b*tch, and will frustrate the hell out of you. Guys with really big hands will have even more trouble.

That is the only issue I would say there is with this mod. If you can be patient then I woukld do this. You will like the new clutch feel.
Old Jun 27, 2005, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

RRM Clutch Line

Good mod. Will make the clutch response a lot faster. It basically replaces the clutch restrictor that forces the clutch to engage/disengage slower. I like the clutch engaging a lot quicker.

BUT it has been noted that you can take apart the restrictor and take all the insides out. I'm not sure if this will give you the exact same results, but if anything it should be close. Plus it's a free mod.

Last edited by bigdoggy_dog; Jun 28, 2005 at 10:02 PM. Reason: sleepy
Old Jun 27, 2005, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bigdoggy_dog
Good mod. Will make the clutch response a lot faster. It basically replaces the clutch slave cylinder that forces the clutch to engage/disengage slower. I like the clutch engaging a lot quicker.

BUT it has been noted that you can take apart the slave cylinder and take all the insides out. I'm not sure if this will give you the exact same results, but if anything it should be close. Plus it's a free mod.
Isn't the slave cylinder what pushes on the throwout bearing? I think you mean the restrictor?
And what's the banjo bolt?
Old Jul 5, 2005, 05:21 AM
Evolving Member

RRM Exhaust

Great part for your car, I noticed a little performance at the top end, it might be psycological since it is much louder. The whole install took me about 45 minutes, that includes putting the car on ramps and putting my tools away. It fits like a glove, it almost looks like it came from the factory. The one item I would recomend for this job would be a can of PB's Amazing Rust Blaster. I sprayed that on the hangars and the bolts came lose with just a little tug. I would HIGHLY recomend this part. Great job RRM.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

RRM Piggyback ECU

I finally got this installed, and I have to say, so far, im pretty impressed with it. The first thing you will realize without a doubt is how much quicker it revs up to 3 thousand RPM's. Where you really start to feel the power is 3500 rpm's and above, then the thing flies like a big *** bird. The power is no kick in the a$$ acceleration, but its the first mod that I actually felt SOMETHING from. I put 93 in it, next im going to put mid grade in it and see if i recognize a difference.

Overall Score - 7.5/10

Last edited by BLKRalliArt04; Jul 15, 2005 at 07:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Performance Part Review