Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Custom Exhaust - All MAGNAFLOW???

Old May 2, 2008, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom Exhaust - All MAGNAFLOW???

Hi,

My RA is almost stock, only Injen Intake and RRM underdrive Pulley. I will order within a week or 2 the RRM Piggy Back ECU.

My question is, in my case, is what I should change my line of exhaust or not (All MAGNAFLOW)? Me personally, I do not believe, no real gain HP. The only reason to change it would be a turbo setup, what are you think about that?

And, what should be my next mod?
- RRM PIGGY BACK ECU
- RRM Engine Ported/Polished Intake Manifold
- RRM Header/Downpipe
- Exhaust MAGNAFLOW

Only 2 mod for me this summer! ($$$)

Thank you very much!
Old May 2, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I'm the same boat as you. I've got the RRM UDP, getting a CAI when I have the money, then not sure where to go next. Any advice would be great.
Old May 2, 2008, 02:29 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
The only two choking points in our exhaust is the downpipe/cat setup and the muffler (barely.) Those are the only two parts worth changing, IMO.
Old May 5, 2008, 01:46 PM

So, the best would be to start with Magnaflow exhaust and RRM Header/Downpipe with a High flow CAT!

What best model for Magnaflow exhaust, 14835 or 14829???

Thank you!
Old May 7, 2008, 08:06 AM

What is the best model of Magnaflow exhaust for my RA???
(14835 - 14829 or another one)
Old May 8, 2008, 10:21 AM

i have the rrm exhaust system set up. I have the header/dp combo with the full catback exhaust from magnaflow. I just changed the muffler to N1 style cause i couldnt stand the magnaflow because its tilted. I also have a ported manni, UD pulley. i just now need a good tune.
Old May 9, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrSpy
Hi,

My RA is almost stock, only Injen Intake and RRM underdrive Pulley. I will order within a week or 2 the RRM Piggy Back ECU.

My question is, in my case, is what I should change my line of exhaust or not (All MAGNAFLOW)? Me personally, I do not believe, no real gain HP. The only reason to change it would be a turbo setup, what are you think about that?

And, what should be my next mod?
- RRM PIGGY BACK ECU
- RRM Engine Ported/Polished Intake Manifold
- RRM Header/Downpipe
- Exhaust MAGNAFLOW

Only 2 mod for me this summer! ($$$)

Thank you very much!
Well are you planning on getting an entirely new exhaust setup/platform? Like said above there are only a couple of choke points on the exhaust, but if you're going to just replace that you might as well have new piping run (in my opinion if you're going to do it the first time spend the extra dollar to do it right). I have the 2.25 downpipe and catback from RRM and have no cat, its loud and raspy but a cat would fix that a good amount.

If you get the RRM engine ported/polish IM you're going to want the Piggyback ECU to help tune and to get the best performance gains out of it. What type of gains are you looking to acheive?

Originally Posted by MrSpy
What is the best model of Magnaflow exhaust for my RA???
(14835 - 14829 or another one)
I say stick with the street series... no point in putting a muffler with a 3inch inlet using a 2 1/8inch piping... It might sound bad (not sure fully) but the street series one is only a 2.25 inch inlet. I think the street series one is similar (different tip) to the one I have from RRM.

Hope all that helps...
Old May 10, 2008, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
Well are you planning on getting an entirely new exhaust setup/platform?
Nop, just muffler and Header/Downpipe with Cat magnaflow! I already have magnaflow muffler (Install today)

If you get the RRM engine ported/polish IM you're going to want the Piggyback ECU to help tune and to get the best performance gains out of it. What type of gains are you looking to acheive?
My next buy, is the RRM Header/Downpipe with Cat magnaflow and the RRM engine ported/polish IM. (From next month) Then, by late summer,I'm going to get the Piggyback and tuning it at my local pro shop! I would like to reach the 180 whp +-. Is it overestimated? (

I say stick with the street series... no point in putting a muffler with a 3inch inlet using a 2 1/8inch piping... It might sound bad (not sure fully) but the street series one is only a 2.25 inch inlet. I think the street series one is similar (different tip) to the one I have from RRM.
It's what i done!!

Hope all that helps...
Thank you very much, your help is really appreciated!!!

Sorry for my bad english

Last edited by MrSpy; May 10, 2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: No reason, just give me better understand!
Old Jun 10, 2008, 11:31 PM

lolz da CAI n UDP seems to be the main upgrades we all mainly have huh? haha well i put together a little custom exhaust of my own.. its a magnaflow muffler mounted to look stock, i upped the piping size to 2.5" and took off my cat. still sounds niice, not sure how much of a gain (if any) it gave me, but the backfires make me smile lolz
Old Jun 19, 2008, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

if you really wanna follow the band wagon and be like everyone else then go ahead and get a magnaflow set up, but have you thought about going completly custom...i baught an HKS carbon Titanium universal exhaust and had a muffler shop do a custom 2.5" catback w/o rez...sounds alittle ricey when the engine is cold, but when its warm its nice, pretty loud too hahaha and thats what i want...
heres some pics...

Old Aug 2, 2008, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heartagram88
if you really wanna follow the band wagon and be like everyone else then go ahead and get a magnaflow set up, but have you thought about going completly custom...i baught an HKS carbon Titanium universal exhaust and had a muffler shop do a custom 2.5" catback w/o rez...sounds alittle ricey when the engine is cold, but when its warm its nice, pretty loud too hahaha and thats what i want...
heres some pics...

You can get a ricer muffler like above...

OR

you can get something that looks good.

like so:

Old Aug 2, 2008, 10:46 PM
Evolved Member

haha thats a burn
Old Aug 3, 2008, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by heartagram88
heres some pics...

Last I checked getting a magnaflow muffler installed is considered custom. He isn't buying anything from RRM which is a pre-made setup. Hell getting a high flow cat installed is considered getting a custom job, unless you call custom designing your own muffler or something... in which case you're not even considered custom.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

I have a custom downpipe and exhaust, 2.5 piping with no cat and a free flow muffler and it works great. A little load but great peformance.