Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Official Delta Camshaft Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a heads up, I contacted them a while back and they said they weren't going to keep doing 4g69 regrinds because they were having issues after MIVEC activated. They grinded a few but said none of them worked properly (to their knowledge) and that the owners had stopped replying to them. So as of now they won't take orders for them
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Haydu
Just a heads up, I contacted them a while back and they said they weren't going to keep doing 4g69 regrinds because they were having issues after MIVEC activated. They grinded a few but said none of them worked properly (to their knowledge) and that the owners had stopped replying to them. So as of now they won't take orders for them
Thanks. Do we have anyone on the forum that could offer any insight into this?

I guess I could have read this...
Originally Posted by Tw3NTy0n3
Still in progress I would say.

I hit up Royce with my new address when I moved (I sent in my camshaft for the regrind R&D) and he had said he was moving the camshaft to a new cam grinder as Delta couldn't execute at the level he wanted.

This was July/August of last year. I'm sure there are a few updates by now though.

Last edited by Resurrected RA; Mar 3, 2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Resurrected RA
Thanks. Do we have anyone on the forum that could offer any insight into this?

I guess I could have read this...
Very interesting that you say we had stopped replying to them. After the post I made, we were trying to get the stuff sent back over to me so I can continue the research with another shop. The last thing I heard from Royce was that they were not replying back to him.

I will shoot them an e-mail and give them a call today.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

I had contacted them early last week. They said to give them a few days to dust it off and take another look. Called today and they didn't get anywhere and said there is no way they can modify it. I didn't even bother asking for further details, he didn't sound too happy last week or today.

He will be shipping the head and two cams to me.

I believe the head belongs to lanzer and the other cam to ralliartize it. If you guys don't mind, I can ask some people I know for shop recommendations where I can send this to in order to try and tackle it.

Also, if anyone has shop suggestions where we might be able to get this done, let me know.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
I had contacted them early last week. They said to give them a few days to dust it off and take another look. Called today and they didn't get anywhere and said there is no way they can modify it. I didn't even bother asking for further details, he didn't sound too happy last week or today.

He will be shipping the head and two cams to me.

I believe the head belongs to lanzer and the other cam to ralliartize it. If you guys don't mind, I can ask some people I know for shop recommendations where I can send this to in order to try and tackle it.

Also, if anyone has shop suggestions where we might be able to get this done, let me know.
Really disappointed in Delta Cam...they're just like "**** it, we give up.." and that's it...I seem to remember asking about the MIVEC lobes...cause someone mentioned they were not touched, which led me to believe that was causing an issue with MIVEC engagement...
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
Really disappointed in Delta Cam...they're just like "**** it, we give up.." and that's it...I seem to remember asking about the MIVEC lobes...cause someone mentioned they were not touched, which led me to believe that was causing an issue with MIVEC engagement...
Same here. Really cold on the phone as well. It felt like when you're at a store and the teenager behind the counter clearly hates their job and is just going through the motions..

I have a cousin with a well built evo 8 that recommended web camshafts here in Riverside which is local to me. If lanzer/ralliartize it doesn't mind, I will be sending the head/cams their way as soon as I receive them from Delta.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

I have the spare head/cam from Delta sitting with me now. I tried to contact the original owner of the spare head to see if it was okay that I continue on this journey with his spare head and got no reply.

As I was doing some research I came across this post:
Stayer Camshaft Kit

Lots of info in there and it addresses an issue with the rocker wheels not being big enough for the new grind. Thoughts? He even gives us the details on how we can accomplish this ourselves, what a nice guy!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have the spare head/cam from Delta sitting with me now. I tried to contact the original owner of the spare head to see if it was okay that I continue on this journey with his spare head and got no reply.

As I was doing some research I came across this post:
Stayer Camshaft Kit

Lots of info in there and it addresses an issue with the rocker wheels not being big enough for the new grind. Thoughts? He even gives us the details on how we can accomplish this ourselves, what a nice guy!
Nice find! I hope this works!
Old Jun 25, 2016, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
if you don't do the rockers, the camshaft by itself will not work.

This will work if you change the thickness of the roller. This will increase +22 HP. In the simplest version.
If you make the duration longer (302*), we can obtain ≈ 30-35 HP
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Haydu
Very interesting that you say we had stopped replying to them. After the post I made, we were trying to get the stuff sent back over to me so I can continue the research with another shop. The last thing I heard from Royce was that they were not replying back to him.

I will shoot them an e-mail and give them a call today.
I think it was Haydu, that you were thinking of.

This Stayer solution seems promising. He has some good details on valve/head work too.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

I want to say. For the Russian market, comes 4G69 engine 158 HP. On the stand, the stock engine showed 156 HP( black curve). The camshaft kit is required to reflash the ECU. Definitely. Otherwise you can damage the engine.

Camshaft kit gives +22 HP and 13 Nm of torque. This is a +12% to the stock.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Hello Stayer, thank you for the research on the cam.

I have a question regarding the other work you are doing. Do you have the P/N for:
CR 11.8:1 (WiseCo?)
Intake valves are 36mm ( +2mm)
Exhaust valves 34 mm ( +2.5 mm)
Where did you source the valves?
injectors 440сс (Subaru?/Bosch?)

Thank you in advance for your reply.

I would have replied in Club4G but I can't seem to get my password reset...
The following users liked this post:
stayer (Jun 27, 2016)
Old Jun 26, 2016, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Hi
I'm not doing forged pistons. It has a mileage of not more than 30,000 miles. Then they can be discarded. Therefore, it will be the cast pistons. Ceramic coated top. And Teflon coated skirts. I'll do it in Russia. You can make any shape and configuration compression. Here is a photo for example, ready pistons.

The valves I use, Ferrea. I buy prefabricated for the valve. Remains to cut the desired length and make a groove.
Resurrected RA (Jun 27, 2016)
Old Jun 26, 2016, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

I'll tell you later in a separate topic about this cylinder head. This is the fourth stage. Change all the seats and a lot of other work done.

According to calculations it will be about 300 HP N/a class. But I do modestly say 250-270. In any case, it will be the most powerful in the world 4G69 N/A
Old Jun 26, 2016, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Ingectors 440 Subaru

Quick Reply: Official Delta Camshaft Thread