Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

RRM Flywheel????

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 10:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RRM Flywheel????

hey guys,

I searched for RRM flywheel thread but couldn't find it, I thought there was one, but has anyone installed it on their car? I have a ACT stage 3 clutch and my mechanic claims that this RRM flywheel does not fit properly so he did not install it and now I ordered a Fidanza aluminum flywheel ? Anyone install either of these flywheels on their 04 lancer RA??? Thanks for the help
Old May 25, 2013, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...ng-clutch.html
Old May 25, 2013, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey man, I had this exact same problem, and you know what it was? The flywheel they sent me was for a 2008 Lancer GTS, not the 04-06 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart. The item codes between these two flywheels that Clutchmasters sells (the flywheel RRM sells) are virtually identical. It took a lot of back and forth and unnecessary time wasted with my mechanic trying to figure out why the hell it wasn't fitting.

It does fit, and I actually have the exact same clutch as you too, they probably just sent you the wrong one buddy.
Old May 26, 2013, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by doncarbone
Hey man, I had this exact same problem, and you know what it was? The flywheel they sent me was for a 2008 Lancer GTS, not the 04-06 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart. The item codes between these two flywheels that Clutchmasters sells (the flywheel RRM sells) are virtually identical. It took a lot of back and forth and unnecessary time wasted with my mechanic trying to figure out why the hell it wasn't fitting.

It does fit, and I actually have the exact same clutch as you too, they probably just sent you the wrong one buddy.
wow, thats terrible, I gotta figure this out because they charged me a 20% restocking fee for that. I got a new from fidanza btw how does it feel with stage 3 clutch?
Old May 26, 2013, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MUFC
wow, thats terrible, I gotta figure this out because they charged me a 20% restocking fee for that. I got a new from fidanza btw how does it feel with stage 3 clutch?
that sucks, they never charged me the restocking fee because we were able to prove it was the wrong one before I sent it back so they just did a 1:1 swap.

the stage 3 is a little rough from a stopped start and quite heavy, but so far I'm loving it. when u look at the unsprung disc it's hard to see how the thing has any slip at all, but it has just a bit haha
Old May 27, 2013, 01:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RacerX-Ralliart
this. Fidanza and their flywheels for us...no..
Old Jun 3, 2013, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by MarkChamorro
this. Fidanza and their flywheels for us...no..
is Fidanza **** or something?
Old Jun 4, 2013, 03:05 AM
Evolved Member

They just don't fit. I'm not the only person that has ran into this issue. The bolts for the flywheel literally scrape along the clutch. Not going to work, the middle of the flywheel needs to be deeper so the bolts will fit no problem. Pretty looking flywheel, but that's all it's goood for
Old Jun 10, 2013, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by doncarbone

hey man can you by any chance tell me the exact model number for the correct flywheel. I would really appreciate it, I am still going back and forth with road race.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 06:51 AM

My Findanza Flywheel fit perfectly on mine. I have part number: 161011 and I'm running it with the Stage 2 Clutch from Clutchmaster.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by zakdamunky
My Findanza Flywheel fit perfectly on mine. I have part number: 161011 and I'm running it with the Stage 2 Clutch from Clutchmaster.

I have a stage 3 clutch from ACT, does the fidanza flywheel have alot quicker acceleration than stock?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 06:28 AM

Yes it does. The stock Flywheel in our car weighs like 22 lbs. The Fidanza weighs 8 3/4 lb. I noticed a big differance.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by zakdamunky
Yes it does. The stock Flywheel in our car weighs like 22 lbs. The Fidanza weighs 8 3/4 lb. I noticed a big differance.

Sweet thanks, I have the exact same part number as you. I guess I will get it installed.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 06:42 AM

Sounds good dude! Let me know what you think when its all done.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

If anyone is wanting to buy the RRM flywheel (clutchmasters) or Fidanza for the 4G69, you will need longer bolts. My stock bolts were barely long enough to even have the flywheel mounted by 1 thread.

I have an extra set of the 7 bolts u will need. Strengh grade 10.9 12x1.25x30 They might be a little extra long, but u can cut them down. PM me if interested

Quick Reply: RRM Flywheel????