Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

05 Lancer Ralliart Purge Valve

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2014, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 Lancer Ralliart Purge Valve

**Newbie Alert**

I've been searching online everywhere and I wasn't able to find out where the purge valve is on the 05 Lancer Ralliart. A picture would help a lot. My car is throwing a code for a faulty purge valve and I'm experiencing rough idling on cold days, when coming to the stop light my car want's to stall. Another interesting thing is that it'll only happen after 8 hrs of being outside with the temp being -26 celcius.

The engine light says something like "Check Evap System Faulty Purge Valve" not exact vocab but the last time i checked it read something like that. If anyone could help me out on finding where the purge valve is on a 2005 Lancer Ralliart that would be awsome.

BTW I do not know whether this is the correct place to post threads like this, sorry in advanced.

***Newbie Alert****
Old Jan 23, 2014, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
I had this same problem before as well. And Im feeling helpful so I went out to take you some pictures maybe this will help someone in the future too.

So if you pop your hood you will see this diagram on the right side. Diagram shows your intake manifold and on the left side you will see solenoid valve. Thats the part your looking for.

So if when looking at your engine just behind the oil stick you will see this. Dont mind my engine bay its terribly dirty, waiting on winter to go on by so I can give it a good cleaning.

If we look a bit deeper we see a little canister with a plug attached and two vacuum lines connected to it. This is the solenoid valve you are looking for. Sometimes it gets stuck, frozen, or worn and broken with age.

Sometimes you can take them out and clean them well and they will work again. If not you can find it here:
MitsubishiParts.net
DiscountMitsubishiParts.com

Part Number is MR988075 according to Mitsubishi ASA. If you would like to try finding it elsewhere google the part number.

PS - For future reference it helps if you can give us the code from the check engine light. That way we can more closely look into it. I just so happen to have experience with this one so I knew what you were looking for. I believe the code for this is P0441 if I remember correctly.

Good Luck! And welcome to the Forum! Post some pics of your car when you can!

Last edited by bakuro117; Jan 23, 2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 07:29 PM

Thank's for the info this will help a lot, and the code was similar to yours. I'll have pics of my car as soon as i decide to wash it. :P
Old Jan 23, 2014, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by bakuro117
I had this same problem before as well. And Im feeling helpful so I went out to take you some pictures maybe this will help someone in the future too.

So if you pop your hood you will see this diagram on the right side. Diagram shows your intake manifold and on the left side you will see solenoid valve. Thats the part your looking for.

So if when looking at your engine just behind the oil stick you will see this. Dont mind my engine bay its terribly dirty, waiting on winter to go on by so I can give it a good cleaning.

If we look a bit deeper we see a little canister with a plug attached and two vacuum lines connected to it. This is the solenoid valve you are looking for. Sometimes it gets stuck, frozen, or worn and broken with age.

Sometimes you can take them out and clean them well and they will work again. If not you can find it here:
MitsubishiParts.net
DiscountMitsubishiParts.com

Part Number is MR988075 according to Mitsubishi ASA. If you would like to try finding it elsewhere google the part number.

PS - For future reference it helps if you can give us the code from the check engine light. That way we can more closely look into it. I just so happen to have experience with this one so I knew what you were looking for. I believe the code for this is P0441 if I remember correctly.

Good Luck! And welcome to the Forum! Post some pics of your car when you can!
Thanks for the info, this will help a lot. BTW the fault code was similar to yours if i can remember correctly, I cleared it and didn't jot it down. I'll have pics of my ride as soon as i decide to wash it :P