Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

OZ lancer Exhaust and 2 Step??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy OZ lancer Exhaust and 2 Step??

Alright so its a bit of a long story but I kinda ruined my Ralliart with a Muffler delete :/ its not what you think. K so first off I think the OEM muffler is too quiet and I wanted a bit more noise, so i tryed to be smart, and went to my local junkyard and got a second axelback muffler that came off a oz lancer but looked identical to the muffler on my ralliart. Then I decided the first thing i was going to try was a muffler delete as im just after sound, not performance I know realistically im not going to make any new power unless I tune the ecu. So i take my car to a shop with the second muffler, tell him I wanna stright pipe one of the mufflers, and keep the second one so i can always switch back to stock in a couple of minutes. He says ok and I leave and come back later to pick up my car. And the F**king monkey gos ya i stright piped your one muffler here listen! And right when he started it i was like holy Sh*t, wtf have i done? OK well im a stupid teen ahah ok ya it was worth the $100 to find out it was a bad idea, ive learned my lesson ill put the oem back on as soon as i get home. and he gos oh btw the second muffler you bought me, dosnt fit, its off a different car the pipe diameter is different even tho they look the same. And I am like you have got to be f*cking kidding me. So my car is ruined ill admit it sounds like sh*t and it was a mistake, and i just want it gone as fast as possible.

So first off I was looking at the SRS Catback Exhaust on Ebay, they have a listing for a Oz rally Lancer at $339, and also have a listing for our ralliart 2.4 at $999....wtf. Wont the oz rally lancer exhaust fit at 1/3rd the price? because im pretty sure the Road Race Motorsports Magnaflow cat back is the same part number for the oz rally catback. Also can anybody explain why the oz rally catback works on our ralliarts and why the OEM oz rally muffler I picked up wouldnt fit?

And my last question is do our ralliarts have like a 2-step? I have the stock ECU and noticed when i was parked and revving my car so my friends could laugh how S**t I sound with my muffler delete (dont worry engine was warm) and I know the 4G69 redlines at 7,000 RPMs from going pulls in 2ed and 3rd gear but when I was stopped and raving it it wouldnt go past 5. Maybe because I was holding the clutch in as I revved it? I even got a video I can Show I just haven't uploaded it yet
Old Feb 8, 2016, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
there's no 2-step on the car, the car redlines around 6500...something is wrong if it will only rev to 5,000.

for the muffler, the guy could have put it on if the only difference was inlet/outlet diameter...though it would not be wise to go smaller, so that's likely why he didn't, if it was bigger he probably would have put it on...