Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Power cut off around 5k rpm when Mivec engaged

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power cut off around 5k rpm when Mivec engaged

Hey, I have a 2005 ralliart and I was wondering what is happening to my car. Mivec cuts off around 5k rpms sometimes and seems to do it alot more in the rain. I was curious if I needed a new solenoid for the mivec. or could it be something else? and where could I find a solinoid for it?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
how certain are you that the issue you're having is MIVEC disengaging? how do you know?

you can buy the OEM solenoid if anyone has it in stock, or you could rob one from another motor. how many miles on that motor, you don't hear of MIVEC solenoids going too often...like never...not saying it couldn't happen, just that it usually doesn't. do you have any modifications done?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
how certain are you that the issue you're having is MIVEC disengaging? how do you know?

you can buy the OEM solenoid if anyone has it in stock, or you could rob one from another motor. how many miles on that motor, you don't hear of MIVEC solenoids going too often...like never...not saying it couldn't happen, just that it usually doesn't. do you have any modifications done?

No mods at all completely stock(well except swapped motor) but all professionally done by a shop, and 240k on body 100k on motor
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

you didn't answer my other questions, but i'll shoot in the dark...have you checked your oil level?

other than that, I would still like to know how you know for certain the problem is MIVEC disengaging...some of the conditions for MIVEC to disengage are potentially serious...like low oil pressure, as I alluded to above...for MIVEC to be engaged, is just a throttle position, RPM, and normal atmospheric conditions, if all the sensors are working...if the solenoid will engage to begin with likely not the issue. Unless your solenoid isn't working at all, and MIVEC isn't even engaging in the first place.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 05:26 PM

you didn't answer my other questions, but i'll shoot in the dark...have you checked your oil level?

other than that, I would still like to know how you know for certain the problem is MIVEC disengaging...some of the conditions for MIVEC to disengage are potentially serious...like low oil pressure, as I alluded to above...for MIVEC to be engaged, is just a throttle position, RPM, and normal atmospheric conditions, if all the sensors are working...if the solenoid will engage to begin with likely not the issue. Unless your solenoid isn't working at all, and MIVEC isn't even engaging in the first place.
Your telling me stuff I already know, wouldn't of asked the question of I didnt check all that. I checked the oil level. I've done everything. if it's not the solinoid I have no clue what it is
Old Mar 6, 2017, 02:47 AM
Evolved Member

well since you already know everything then I guess it's the solenoid and you don't need help...see ya
Old Mar 6, 2017, 03:48 PM

well since you already know everything then I guess it's the solenoid and you don't need help...see ya
Don't need help from you obviously lol. didn't say I knew everything. I said I knew the stuff you repeated to tell me lmao