Notices

The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2013, 04:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
i built my own... RRM's kit would be worthwhile if it was like $1,500 cheaper...

if you go turbo i would suggest custom if you have the know how, and resources, but like i tell everyone who asks...turbocharging is all good and fun, but you need to really understand it, and know how to maintain it.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well that would be the last thing i do is go turbo so i got a while to wait. but thanks for the info thats wat im here for to learn.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 03:17 PM

so I know cranswick has the wrx injectors for his turbo set up. would an N/A guy make any more power using them? or would you just be using more gas? im porting my intake manifold this weekend and I thought I could swap them out while im in there if I get any gains from it.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

if you didn't tune it, you would run super rich, and lose power...the ECU would try and compensate over time, but likely not enough, would probably throw a code...with tuning, you'd be using the same amount of fuel anyways, so it would be pointless.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:34 PM

2004 Ralliart Alarm?

I just got a 04 RA used a few months back. It had a busted driver side corner lamp maker. so i took out the battery to fix it. when i did that i found a siren!i did not know i even had and alarm cuz i just have a key, no key-fab.(more about that later). when i put it back in the car's ideal was shot so i came on here and found something and did a ideal relearn. sooooo now 2 weeks and about 500+ miles and it still dying when the car is cold. when i hold the clutch at stops or starts, the RPMs often dip down to about 500-, almost/sometimes dies. last week the alarm started sounding off while I'm driving!?! mostly when hit bumps, turn, stop,etc. leading me to think its the shock sensor being tripped. i don't know how to disarm it or bypass it. all i can think of is that the alarm has a starter dis-abler. and when i did the battery disconnection, i may have reset it and now its tying to arm and disable the starter.
dose this car even come with a alarm? is this a after market? help! cuz i ready to cut it all out starting with the D*** Siren!
if anyone knows anything please!!! help! pics, step by step, drawings, links, anything that helps.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 03:55 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The 04-06 Ralliarts did NOT come with a factory alarm system, so it's aftermarket but yeah post up some pics so we can see what your taking about more. Look for a name brand when taking the pics.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
The 04-06 Ralliarts did NOT come with a factory alarm system, so it's aftermarket but yeah post up some pics so we can see what your taking about more. Look for a name brand when taking the pics.
ok so i took out the Brain to the Alarm, and cut the horn wires to relocate it but i have not rewired it yet. i then started the car idled fine. i kidd you not as soon as i put it in R and dropped the E-brake the D*** thing started to go off!!!! i am not lost and freaked out! i call the dealership and ask if came with a stock alarm but all he could tell me is that it dose have a key fob linked it the vin so most likely it did! and as i pulled back in to my stall it died! all i can think now is that im in a love hate relationship with my car! i love her but she hates me!
Old Apr 6, 2013, 05:50 PM

Hey guys, name is Ryan and i work at Hamilton Mitsubishi as a service advisor. been researching the forums to see what a ralliart may offer. Wanted to say hi and have a couple questions, hope you guys can shed some light on these.

Did any 04-06 ralliart lancers come with heated seats?
How many different trim levels do the ralliart have? Cause ive seen some with leather and sunroofs. Or are these options?
Ive noticed oil pans rusting often on these from the dealership, any other big rust areas i should be wary of?

Ive been looking for weeks for a clean RA here in canada, ill be puling the trigger soon. Cant wait to learn more about these cars.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

it's a fun car, but in a province that salts the roads to an oppressive degree you might have trouble finding a minimum 7 year old car in very good condition. maybe look in alberta, BC or even import one from the US...

i thought leather and heat was like a thing that the stealerships added after delivery, not sure if it was optional, the sun and sound package gives you a decent sounding system with in-dash changer (old school) and a sunroof. these are installed in the factory. I think they're all basically the same other than that. The ralliart itself is a trim level, so they don't differ much.

for rust (mostly long ontario 401/400 highway driving during winter), my oil pan is rusted, but it's not seeping or leaking, and my car has almost 220,000km. other than the normal stuff like the edges and hats of your rotors, control arms, sway bars, cross members etc. there's nothing really troublesome. i've recently developped some rust ahead of the rear wheel on the wheel flare of the quarter panel . the chassis is still in good shape, there's now floor rot or anything...it's an oil pan though a brand new one is less than $200, and it takes like maybe a half hour to replace, as long as none of the bolts break off inside the block
Old Apr 7, 2013, 05:53 AM

Thanks for the reply!

When I looked at the heated seat switches they didnt look factory. Sunroof and Infinity sound system looked factory tho, thanks for confirming that.

Ive noticed that prices vary from person to person. Lots of RA's which have hollywood pricing lol. Still on the hunt
Old Apr 7, 2013, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, private sales can sometimes be worse than dealership pricing, people think they can make their money back on mods/labour cost for maintenance, lol, so you get someone who wants $9,000 for a car with 180,000km and "$3,000 put into it", but really it was only $400 in parts...but you should be able to find a decent car...

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Apr 7, 2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Leon5366
ok so i took out the Brain to the Alarm, and cut the horn wires to relocate it but i have not rewired it yet. i then started the car idled fine. i kidd you not as soon as i put it in R and dropped the E-brake the D*** thing started to go off!!!! i am not lost and freaked out! i call the dealership and ask if came with a stock alarm but all he could tell me is that it dose have a key fob linked it the vin so most likely it did! and as i pulled back in to my stall it died! all i can think now is that im in a love hate relationship with my car! i love her but she hates me!
Did you ever have a hard time starting your car after a refuel? Even just once?
Old Jun 11, 2013, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dome Lights

I have searched the entire thread and various others, as well as other websites and need some clarification here. I Just got my 04 Ralliart a month ago and am putting some brighter lights on the interior. For the dome light everything that I find says it is a DE3175 bulb. However that bulb definitely does not fit in there, nor does it fit in the other 2 slots for the map/reading lights. Has anybody else ever ran into this problem? Does my Ralliart have different dome lights?

I found a few different numbers in the fixture, its a 12v 7.5w bulb, the housing model appears to be a MR330450, I also found 1151-337 and PP-TD80 written on there but can't figure out if they actually relate to anything. Anybody have some wisdom for this? Ill get a pic on here for some visual assistance. Thanks in advance.

Haaalp.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by lbwilliams44
I have searched the entire thread and various others, as well as other websites and need some clarification here. I Just got my 04 Ralliart a month ago and am putting some brighter lights on the interior. For the dome light everything that I find says it is a DE3175 bulb. However that bulb definitely does not fit in there, nor does it fit in the other 2 slots for the map/reading lights. Has anybody else ever ran into this problem? Does my Ralliart have different dome lights?

I found a few different numbers in the fixture, its a 12v 7.5w bulb, the housing model appears to be a MR330450, I also found 1151-337 and PP-TD80 written on there but can't figure out if they actually relate to anything. Anybody have some wisdom for this? Ill get a pic on here for some visual assistance. Thanks in advance.

Haaalp.
You must be looking at the lights for the cars without the sunroof. Assuming you have the sunroof, the bulb size for the dome/reading lights are going to be 2825. If you decide to get LED bulbs then use 194/168 size bulbs.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You were right, same lights that go in for the gauges in the dash. Thanks!

Quick Reply: The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread