Notices

The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
It's your accelerator pedal position sensor, the thing your throttle cable connects to behind the passenger side head light. did anyone ever screw around with the adjustment? disconnect your negative battery terminal, unplug the connector from the APPS, inspect pins and wiring for corrosion or damage...reconnect the sensor, reconnect the battery...

you need to search...posting here is not too bad, but posting this question in someone's show and shine thread is highly inappropriate, and people aren't going to help you if you just flood the forum with your garbage...

I don't know if this will work, but try this:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...rchid=21587806

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.05 seconds; generated 4 minute(s) ago. Search: Keyword(s): P2138
My bad, I was just slightly desperate, worried, and confused about my ralliart, I initially had the belief by technicians at autozone and this cheap mechanic that my car did have a TPS located somewhere else in the engine.

but I just wanted to re-confirm my second guess that the APS - is actually the TPS of the vehicle like you mentioned behind the headlight. I posted a thread about this in the engine/drive train forum but I didn't get any reply regarding the locations and was just plainly lost.

In regards to this forums, I ****ed up, I wasn't thinking were to post my problems in particular threads since im a first time user, but this won't happen again.

Thanks a lot for the help anyways I appreciate it a lot.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by GustavoC
My bad, I was just slightly desperate, worried, and confused about my ralliart, I initially had the belief by technicians at autozone and this cheap mechanic that my car did have a TPS located somewhere else in the engine.
you do, it's in the throttle body...

I posted a thread about this in the engine/drive train forum but I didn't get any reply regarding the locations and was just plainly lost.
you mean this one? where you got a reply that linked a thread that covers the issue extensively, and then the pictures and locations were posted by none other than yourself?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...-problemo.html

In regards to this forums, I ****ed up, I wasn't thinking were to post my problems in particular threads since im a first time user, but this won't happen again.
you better not! ...and your epic fails lead me to believe you ARE new to this, and not just lazy, so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt...

Thanks a lot for the help anyways I appreciate it a lot.
yeah sure, and make sure both battery terminals are good and tight and free from corrosion...
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:26 PM

Eh, Just finally got myself a 05 Lance ralliart, and I'am loving it. What can you guys tell me that a newb to the Ralliart community should know. I know it has one issue. Its a valve you can see when you take the oil cap is off. It ticks and the guy told me its an easy fix.'

ve read up on it that it is.

My new pride and joy.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by LaCostehRA
Eh, Just finally got myself a 05 Lance ralliart, and I'am loving it. What can you guys tell me that a newb to the Ralliart community should know.[/I]
If it hasn't already been done, get yourself 3 things.

Firstly, Red Line MT-85 75W85 GL-4 Gear Oil. Buy 3 quarts of this crap and put it in the transmission. Now don't put all of it in. only 2.3 bottles fit anyway any you will just end up with transmission fluid all over the ground. And let me tell you, transmission oil turns even gravel into a skating rink.

Secondly, You will want aluminum shift bushings. Both the under hood ones, and console ones. the ones for the EVO VIII/IX fit for this purpose.

Thirdly, BLOX Roll stopper for the EVO VIII/IX. This too will fit in the Ralliart

The reason you want these things is because it turns the car into a beast! shifting is WAY more accurate, faster, and much more satisfying! I did this and am loving absolutely every second of it!
Old Sep 8, 2015, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Immaculate Fury
If it hasn't already been done, get yourself 3 things.

Firstly, Red Line MT-85 75W85 GL-4 Gear Oil. Buy 3 quarts of this crap and put it in the transmission. Now don't put all of it in. only 2.3 bottles fit anyway any you will just end up with transmission fluid all over the ground. And let me tell you, transmission oil turns even gravel into a skating rink.

Secondly, You will want aluminum shift bushings. Both the under hood ones, and console ones. the ones for the EVO VIII/IX fit for this purpose.

Thirdly, BLOX Roll stopper for the EVO VIII/IX. This too will fit in the Ralliart

The reason you want these things is because it turns the car into a beast! shifting is WAY more accurate, faster, and much more satisfying! I did this and am loving absolutely every second of it!
so wrong...

first check the timing belt condition, and try to find out when it was replaced, if unable to determine, replace as soon as you can afford it.

then, change oil, transmission oil, coolant etc.

then any other maintenance, like suspension and brakes etc.

then you can do some mods
Old Sep 8, 2015, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
so wrong...

first check the timing belt condition, and try to find out when it was replaced, if unable to determine, replace as soon as you can afford it.

then, change oil, transmission oil, coolant etc.

then any other maintenance, like suspension and brakes etc.

then you can do some mods
Truth.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Before suggesting transmission oils and shifter stuff first confirm whether its 5spd or auto
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Raikiri
Before suggesting transmission oils and shifter stuff first confirm whether its 5spd or auto
more truth...
Old Jul 22, 2017, 08:32 AM

What kind of exhaust system would sound good on my 06 ralliart would like to know because i can only seem to find a handful of ones that are made for the ralliart would like to know what other people have
Old Oct 23, 2017, 06:58 AM

New RA Sportback owner

Hi guys. Just bought an 04 RA SB with 148xxxkm (87,000mi). I paid 1800$ CAD for it. I did a badge delete in the back and got rid of the awful sticker.

I have to get the rocker panels checked out to see if its worth putting money into the car.. Theyre pretty rusted. Other problems are check engine light, rear struts and springs are done, fan control relay/module is wacky(fan turns on on 'acc' and doesnt turn off untill 20 seconds after the cars shut off). Exhaust leak
Old Oct 24, 2017, 01:03 AM

The fans are normal(for any mitsubishi of this era) so don't worry about them, the rear shocks and springs sag pretty badly in these cars so upgrading to coilovers is a worthwhile investment, as for rust, I would just cut the fenders and bolt on some flares with some wide wheels.

They didn't make many wagons so you have quite the rare car. I would definitely hold on to it.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 02:53 PM

I have an ignition failure on my 04 Ralliart Sportback 2.4l. I need a single coil but NAPA wants 114$ for a single one, yet i can go amazon american and get a set of four for 100 usd. Anyone know where i can get one cheaper?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 04SportBackRA
Hi guys. Just bought an 04 RA SB with 148xxxkm (87,000mi). I paid 1800$ CAD for it. I did a badge delete in the back and got rid of the awful sticker.

I have to get the rocker panels checked out to see if its worth putting money into the car.. Theyre pretty rusted. Other problems are check engine light, rear struts and springs are done, fan control relay/module is wacky(fan turns on on 'acc' and doesnt turn off untill 20 seconds after the cars shut off). Exhaust leak
Fan is an easy fix, you can leave it till the fan dies or, replace the fcm for 20 bucks.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cncr
Fan is an easy fix, you can leave it till the fan dies or, replace the fcm for 20 bucks.
It is highly recommended that you replace the fans if you replace the FCM, Old fans tend to blow the capacitors inside a new FCM. and that will not be covered by the warranty on the module.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lbwilliams44
It is highly recommended that you replace the fans if you replace the FCM, Old fans tend to blow the capacitors inside a new FCM. and that will not be covered by the warranty on the module.
Makes sense, ive replaced 2 on different cars and never had any problems. Luck I guess.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread