Notices

JDM 4G69 MIVEC Products!

Old Nov 1, 2006, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by sP33Dy
/ban Arithmetic Pointless thread! Half/nearlly all of the bits in this thread are not associated with the 4g69 at all. Sure they might fit the car/chassis ... but not suited to the 4g69 as it was not sold in ANY Lancers in JDM Land.
Listen...

You really have no idea what your talking about, so let me take the time out of my schedule to scold you. First off, just because they don't make a JDM housed 4G69 motor lancer in japan, doesn't mean it won't fit, as there is another mitsubishi vehicle in japan that carries the same exact motor as the USDM Ralilart. Second, while no JDM lancer in japan use the 4G69 motor, there is one mitsubishi vehicle in japan that uses the 4G69, and it's called the Grandis, mitsubishi very popular space wagon. Now, before you go off saying "it's a wagon... wtf, nobody cares about a wagon", in japan, modding 2 and 4 doors cars have lost touch, and these wagons (sports, space, cross over, utility and so on) are very popular cars to mod, hell you have a wagon... you should know. I have check (at the time of the posted thread) with the lil japanese I know, and my friend who help me translate the japanese heavy sites and all these products were design to fit the SOHC 2.4L 4G69 and if memory serves me correct , the Ralliart motor is a SOHC 2.4L 4G69.

Now, im not here to start a JDM spree and if you don't believe me, sounds like a personal problem, but stop the 'ban' or 'pointless thread' comment, your reply was pointless as it holds no merit to your accusations. I just took the time out to search for products to enlighten others, that there are products made for our motor outside of the US, PR, Canada or Aus.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 05:21 PM
FAV
Evolving Member

sP33Dy, your stepping out of place, Arith has been a cornerstone of this community since 04 and he knows what he's talking about, i think you have spent way too much time in OT and have picked up this BAN nonsense, calm down and think before you speak/type!
Old Nov 1, 2006, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

^^ I agree man. Arithmetic took out his own time to find these products for our car. Instead of criticizing him, you guys should at least thank him. As for me, I'm ready to mod my car ( i dont care if its auto). I can't wait for the evo for so long, just a few bolt-ons and few exterior stuff. But how do we get hold of these products??
Old Nov 1, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

^^+1 for modding an auto!! but just do a little research on some of these parts (like the exhaust systems) b/c they may fit the 4g69 wagon and not the lancer. i don't know much about the JDM car to be sure though. just hate to see the $$ wasted.

Most of the other mods i'd think should fit fine. Arithmetic, just wondering if you have bought any of thse and have some reviews? also do you know if the exhaust systems from this JDM car match up to ours? b/c the non-usdm lancers (like Australia) dont even quite match up.

Alex
Old Nov 2, 2006, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Apologies for jumping the gun.

Im FULLY aware that the Grandis utilises the 4g69 ... as does the Outlander here in Australia. Anyone can easily search Yahoo Japan Auctions, there's HEAPS available as listed on prev pages of this thread. Theres hundreds and thousands of people around the world who can buy/import stuff for u in japan, or off japan auctions and ship it back to u in the us / uk / australia / wherever u are.

I guess what i found pointless about this thread is that yes, u have a few prices (some that dont seem too accurate), but you failed to tell everyone where you can get them, or who u could at least source them through.
Old Nov 2, 2006, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by sP33Dy
Apologies for jumping the gun.

Im FULLY aware that the Grandis utilises the 4g69 ... as does the Outlander here in Australia. Anyone can easily search Yahoo Japan Auctions, there's HEAPS available as listed on prev pages of this thread. Theres hundreds and thousands of people around the world who can buy/import stuff for u in japan, or off japan auctions and ship it back to u in the us / uk / australia / wherever u are.

I guess what i found pointless about this thread is that yes, u have a few prices (some that dont seem too accurate), but you failed to tell everyone where you can get them, or who u could at least source them through.
The intention of the thread was simple, there are JDM parts out there for our engine. It came at a time when nobody was making parts (or enough parts) for our car, hell even RRM was scares with products 1.5 years ago and RPW wasn't even in the picture. With the Evo getting soooo much love from JDM tuners, Ralliart owners felt lost, out of touch, sadden... yada ya ya. So yeah, anybody can search japanese sites and find JDM parts for the 4G69, but guess what... nobody did or was willing to take the time to make a thread about it, I on the other hand did.

For those who want to know how to obtain these parts it's easy, right click the picture of the item, look at the properties of the picture, than from there edit out the 'picture.jpg' and look for the source of the website. From there, depending on how well you know japanese your on your own. Only site that english worthy is trust-power.com, and even than, you still might have problems. All the other sites are straight JDM. If you know what your doing (I suggest stepping your japanese language game up or getting a friend), you can get in contact with the company, ask product info, price shipping etc. and get it sent to you. Of course it's not gonna be cheap, but hey, we all know going JDM is wallet breaking issue.