Originally Posted by sp0rk
would i buy a ralliart again.. no

id rather get a used wrx, gti 1.8t , srt4 or mini-s
I'M WITH HIM ON THIS ONE.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Sportback79
I would definitely not buy again. It's a good handling car but the gas mileage is horrible. It guzzles gas like a large V6 even when driven slowly. It wouldn't be so bad if it had a decent size gas tank. But the small gas tank and bad mileage means you spend a lot of time at the gas pump. Also, if you do any city driving, the large turning radius becomes a problem. You can barely make a u-turn on a 4 lane road. My car is black and the paint has been relatively good. I do notice some orange peel on the rear quarter panels though.
You can cut down on the turning radius with the hand brake
Old Jun 7, 2005, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lancer7
You can cut down on the turning radius with the hand brake
/\/\/\/\

Old Jun 7, 2005, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard bad gas milage can be fixed with a ECU, because our cars are running to rich. I love the ralliart and would not get another car unless I had enough to get a bugatti, haha.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

If i could do it all over again i wish i sorta bought like a older 3000 GT and put as much money into it as the RA cost. Though this car is reliable and practacle. Definetely pick it up again if i was shopping for the same class.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 07:44 PM

Wow thanks guy's for the answer. I see that a lot of Ralliart owners are not disapointed by theirs cars.

Yes I wanted to know if you would have to choose another car right now would always purchase this car.

As I see a lot of owners would pick up the EVO. Then again if your situation wouldn't change, a lot of you would still purchase the same car.

For the car paint, I'm asking myself if I would purchase the car, would that problem be telling me that I made a bad choice.

It's really a big problem for me. I don't want to paint the car every 2 years because of car paint problem.

How big is the problem? Would entire patch of paint peel...?

Is it comparable to others cars makers or is it simply worst...
Old Jun 7, 2005, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

The paint problem lies more in the fact that the paint is thin, and the clear coat is blended with the paint, rather then applied after. All cars chip, so dont worry so much about that, and one good paint job acouple years down the road will fix your (one and only) problem for good.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

-

He's right... let's not get carried away with the paint problem. If you get a transparent film applied to the tip of the hood, you probably will never have a problem with the paint. I should have done that the week after I got mine...

The paint on other cars is not that much better. It's just that it was better on my Integra... but then again it was silver, so the primer didn't stand out as much.

-
Old Jun 8, 2005, 02:42 AM
Evolving Member

Over a year later and I don't regret buying my Ralliart in the slightest. There's still no other cars out there I'd rather have for the money.

If my car was somehow suddenly wrecked and an insurance check arrived in the mail tomorrow there's a good chance I'd get an Evo instead (I'd prob wait for a IX to be specific), but I'd be just as likely to get another Ralliart. There aren't really any other cars in their respective price ranges that I'd rather have as my _only_ car. If I ever shop for a second car that'd open up a lot of fun but impractical cars - coupes, RWD cars, etc - but that's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

In addition to the basic requirement of being fun to drive any car that would be my only car needs to meet a couple practical requirements as well:

- 4 doors (sedan or wagon)
- decent-sized & comfortable interior (sorry WRX fans but they're just a little too small inside for me)
- FWD or AWD (gotta be able to handle snow, even with my move to California)
- usable trunk, preferably w/ folding rear seats
- reliable

There's a lot of cars that meet all of that except they're just not all that fun to drive, and there's a fair number that are fun to drive but just aren't practical enough for me. The Ralliart is one of the few that I find to be both fun and practical.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 05:13 PM

BASICLY WHAT? BASICLY WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS AHHHHSOME CAR
Yes I would pick the RA..so be a follower and go buy one now!
Old Jun 8, 2005, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

only problems i've read/heard/experienced..

Is RA's seem to be crash magnets, They have Synchro issues, and the paint sucks...

But you can get a decent aftermarket paint job from $500+ ... so whooppeee and the Synchros are under warranty...

Drive fast so idiots don't wreck into you.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by DiamondWhite
Drive fast so idiots don't wreck into you.
Ha, ha, ha! I'm putting you down for the quote of the day man!

-
Old Jun 9, 2005, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

its also faster than..........1.8 T volkswagons,audis. (gti, gli,tt). faster than the original rsx type s. its dead even with the sentra spec V. would i buy it again? well you couldnt. 05 is the last year of the ralliart.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Chiming in late here but hell yes I would buy one again, I took mine on a road trip, drove over 1200 miles in one weekend (friday-sunday), my buddy who is not small was comfortable, my average speed was 70 mph got around 30 to the gallon, city driving millage sucks but I only have a 3 mile round trip from home to work so half the time I ride my bike. I love the car, soon I will be getting the rrm exhaust and maybe some supension parts to make it a little for fun. I think it is a great car, plus I like the look, it is sporty but not overdone, the interior is simple and straight forward. Overall it is a great car.
Old Jun 10, 2005, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ralli04Art
05 is the last year of the ralliart.
huh?

Quick Reply: Would you buy again a Ralliart