Notices

Would you buy again a Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2005, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you buy again a Ralliart

I'm going this week or next week shop for a new car. In my list of cars that I like is the Ralliart.

Now my question is that if you had to buy again another car would you go again with the Ralliart.

Also I've seen on others forums that the paint quality is really bad. Do you have paint problems on your car.

Let me know.

Thanks.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

As far as buying another ralliart again, no. This is just me, but when I get a new car, I want it to be BETTER than the one before (cough cough...evo 9 cough cough cough). As far as paint quality, ive had my car for over a year, never garaged, and I dont have any problems.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

when it comes time to buy another car without a doubt it will be Mitsu.... Most likely whatever Evo is out at the time
Old Jun 6, 2005, 06:59 PM

Im facing that same question myself, since I totaled my RA 2 weeks ago. I would really like another RA since I only had mine for 1 year. On the other hand I would also liked to get a better car, But the evo is still out of my reach. Im starting to study this new cobalt SS's. But my heart still says RA . Im still dealing w/ the ins co. so I dont know yet what Ill buy...
Old Jun 6, 2005, 07:12 PM

I already got my 04 RA totalled and bought an 05 RA.... I hope that answers your question.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

You really cant beat this car for the money. Yes, I would buy another one.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

for the money yes, is the car to have, The only reason I but this car is because I can't affort my dream car EVO I'm a WRC fan and bent a MITSU FAN wrc for the last 6 year, If went time comes for me to chage cars I can affort a EVO I will get one if not it will be a RA or what ever Mitsu has at the time LOL. PAINT no problmes
Old Jun 6, 2005, 08:37 PM

I would definitely not buy again. It's a good handling car but the gas mileage is horrible. It guzzles gas like a large V6 even when driven slowly. It wouldn't be so bad if it had a decent size gas tank. But the small gas tank and bad mileage means you spend a lot of time at the gas pump. Also, if you do any city driving, the large turning radius becomes a problem. You can barely make a u-turn on a 4 lane road. My car is black and the paint has been relatively good. I do notice some orange peel on the rear quarter panels though.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

well, it depends... in it's comparasion class... YES.

It's faster than a...

Civic Si
Scion tC
Mazda3
RSX
SVT Focus
XRS
Celica GT
Subaru 2.5RS

and alot MORE...

Only car that is comparable is the specV, but it's ugly IMO... I would still buy a RA over the specV based on looks alone (like i did 10months ago)

Ive had no problems with the paint on my black RA
Old Jun 6, 2005, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get 28-30mpg with all my mods!!! Trust me, I don't baby it either.

About buying it again... probably would buy in this order assuming around $20K.

SRT-4
Cobalt SS
RalliArt
RSX-S
Mini-S
Old Jun 6, 2005, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

would i buy a ralliart again.. no

id rather get a used wrx, gti 1.8t , srt4 or mini-s
Old Jun 6, 2005, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Sportback79
I would definitely not buy again. It's a good handling car but the gas mileage is horrible. It guzzles gas like a large V6 even when driven slowly. It wouldn't be so bad if it had a decent size gas tank. But the small gas tank and bad mileage means you spend a lot of time at the gas pump. Also, if you do any city driving, the large turning radius becomes a problem. You can barely make a u-turn on a 4 lane road. My car is black and the paint has been relatively good. I do notice some orange peel on the rear quarter panels though.
If your getting bad gas, just unplug MIVEC
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

If I were looking for another car in its class then yes I would get a Rallart again. Otherwise no, mainly because I have been originally looking at getting the WRX or STI/EVO, but insurance would have been thru the roof for me (5000 CAD) before discount and 4700 CAD after.

Hopefully by the time the EVO X comes here, my insurance (plus discounts) will be tolerable... and also provided that the EVO X does not look like ***.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

He means if you could do it over again would you still buy a ralliart, not will you buy one as your next car. And yes, knowing everything I know now a year and a half later I would still have bought my ralliart.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

i love this car! i beat my friends prelude sh from a roll! and i only have four mods. my friend has six mods on this car!

Quick Reply: Would you buy again a Ralliart