Notices

How many Sportback owners?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2006, 11:07 AM
MFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by groundboundMU2
Mitsubishi made the mistake of having the Outlander ( do they sell them in Canada?) come to market at or nearly the same time as the Sportback. "Station Wagon" still has a stupid stigma attached to it, but "crossover" vehicle doesn't. No one wants to drive an "old station wagon" but raise it up a little, make AWD available and suddenly, it's a "cool" vehicle to own.
Yeah, we got the Outlander here. Personally I still like the stabilty of a wagon over a SUV for my cargo carrying - but I have been seeing alot more Oulanders in Vancouver lately.

Thanks for your take on the Sportback guys
Old Apr 5, 2012, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ralliart Sportback

I see this is an old thread but here's my '04 Ralliart Wagon that just turned 100K the other day. Pretty much stock with new paint, 2011 (black trim and side mirrors), 205/45/R16 Yokohamas, Drag Wheels (D31), short RAM intake, and Tein coilovers:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...tback-haus.jpg

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...-sportback.jpg

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...rtback-ram.jpg

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...tback-drag.jpg

Last edited by truthdweller; Apr 5, 2012 at 07:10 AM. Reason: add photos
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
nice...i like that shade of red...
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Oh wow, hey how much did it cost you to get it repainted? I'm looking to do this in a year or so.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 04:57 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks good man , probably better in person. It's just that when you paint the ground effects black it doesn't come out very good in pictures.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
It's just that when you paint the ground effects black it doesn't come out very good in pictures.
Yeah with dark asphalt as the background...but i bet it looks sharp on concrete
Old Apr 6, 2012, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Darewood
Oh wow, hey how much did it cost you to get it repainted? I'm looking to do this in a year or so.
My budget was 3K and Impalas Auto Body and Paint in San Diego did it for $2900. Original paint was all red but decided to add black ground effects and mirrors. I agree, black blends with the asphalt, for which I just made a similar comment on about black wheels, black tires, black asphalt = black hole. I was hoping the white wheels would help with that.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

I just got these Ralliart decals made, to do this with them, as well as the pinstripe from AutoZone. What do you think? I have (18) more decals if anybody is interested, PM me!

Last edited by truthdweller; Apr 25, 2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by truthdweller
I just got these Ralliart decals made, to do this with them, as well as the pinstripe from AutoZone. What do you think? I have (18) more decals if anybody is interested, PM me!

Looks good man!

Last edited by MarkChamorro; Apr 25, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old May 1, 2012, 07:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sportback79
I'm just curious how many Sportback owners lurk in these forums. Post whether you have LS or Ralliart and what color you bought. Feel free to include what you like and don't like about it and what improvements you would have liked to see had Mitsu continued to offer it.

To start it off, I have a black Ralliart. It's been mistaken for a Volvo on many occassions. The wagon aspect has come in very handy a few times and the rear seat is quite spacious. I like the smooth high torque engine but hate the gas mileage and large turning radius. The reclining rear seats was a thoughful feature, but it would have made more sense had they allowed them to recline further, like the old Expo. I would have liked them to offer the sunroof and Infinity sound system. Or to make it even more unique, they could have offered a panoramic sunroof, ala Subaru Outback. Traction control would also have been a welcome addition. It's too bad Mitsu jumped ship so early with the wagon, but it also means we own one very rare car, even rarer then the EVO.
I completely agree with the op on these points.

I have a yellow 04 sportback. I have had it for three years now with now major issues. I bought it with 40k miles and it just hit 70k. Love it overall. I do wish the exhaust and ride noise were quieter. I'm not 16 any more lol.
Old May 1, 2012, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Whoa, 70k on an '04?! And, the exhaust noise...is the exhaust system still stock? For, the stock "growl" is, IMHO, and I'm (49) years young, is one of the best features, even with the "pee-shooter" exhaust pipe, it came with! The interior noise is better if you keep the stock tires on it as opposed to the lower profile ones, but otherwise that's as good as it gets.
Old May 2, 2012, 01:51 PM
bug

Bought 2 last year, both silver-looks funny in the driveway.Didn't even know about them before that.First bought an 04 ralliart sportback with 69000 miles really liked it then saw another sportback on craigslist with 60000 miles.Wife loves it.Put about 10k on both since I got them.
Need a new lip for ralliart as I bought it with minor damage(lip and fog light to be replaced)
As you can see I like wagons-caprices need work, gonna customize one and the others a work horse

Old May 2, 2012, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, two Sportbacks, and two of the last full size wagons! I thought that I was extreme, having owned 6 wagons over my lifetime, but four at once!
Old Jun 5, 2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by bug
Bought 2 last year, both silver-looks funny in the driveway.Didn't even know about them before that.First bought an 04 ralliart sportback with 69000 miles really liked it then saw another sportback on craigslist with 60000 miles.Wife loves it.Put about 10k on both since I got them.
Need a new lip for ralliart as I bought it with minor damage(lip and fog light to be replaced)
As you can see I like wagons-caprices need work, gonna customize one and the others a work horse
I think I test drove your car in March of 2011 in Pepperell, MA before you bought it. Just taking a guess since they are incredibly rare up here. The missing fog light gave it away.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
New 04' Red Ralliart Sportback owner checking in. The car came out of California and was purchased from the daughter of the original owner.

Quick Reply: How many Sportback owners?