Notices

Wreck your Ra? Post stories here

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2005, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDizzy, looks like you got a good deal then! hate to see a RA get banged, but if your getting a body kit for free, then hey
Old Aug 21, 2005, 08:31 AM

mine was in Savannah, some nice dumb old lady misjudged and ran right into the rear bumper.

new bumper and paint: $511

problem: no one can match the Cool Silver Metallic paint yet. it took three weeks before they finally got it right. the whole time, i got to drive a dadgum 4cylinder mailbu. i hated life

I finally got the car back on a tuesday evening, right at 6PM. i drove back to downtown atlanta, then to buckhead for dinner at 7:15. When I left the restaurant at 9:15 what did i discover? yep, someone had hit the car. right on the corner of the freshly painted bumper.

my luck sucks, don't it?

JJ
Old Aug 24, 2005, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey, i wrecked my first ralliart, i got the engine for sale if anybody is interested in a motor swap with a base lancer, or maybe RRM wants to buy it to tinker with?
Old Aug 24, 2005, 04:16 PM

how much? just engine or transaxle too?

JJ
Old Sep 4, 2005, 02:39 AM

Well this just happened like about 2 hours ago.

I was driving through a canyon road kinda going fast with a friend of mine behind me. We hit a straight away and start accelerating to about 50-55 when a deer is in the middle my lane. I couldnt slam on my brakes cuz my friend was on my *** and didnt want to get rear ended so i swirved to the left and the deer thinks the same and before i could react anymore i slam into the deer and send it flying. Pulled over and my hood pushed up, the upper part of my bumper is broken, my radiator is leaking and smoking, and my frame is pushed in just a little bit. I havnt taken pictures yet but the damage could of been a lot worse. Im just hella mad rite now and sad cant do anything but to fix it i guess.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

on the phone with a bill collector. stopped at gas station. got out of car. went into gas station. come out of gas station. look over to the right of the lot and think "that looks alot like my car." thought that was kind of strange since there are not too many ralliarts in my area. look to the left where my car had been parked and realized that it WAS my car. I had left the e-brake down and car in gear because I was on the phone. need a new bumper and left headlight and probably bent the left quarter panel a little. Thats all ok though, it was heading towards a VERY busy highway when it hit the cement pole I found it resting against. I will never do that again
Old Sep 8, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well about two weeks ago i was rammed in the side by a patrol car, yes a cop hit me, not much damage but stil pist me off... legally my fault but the judge awarded me the repairs from the police...
Old Sep 11, 2005, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

How/why was it legally your fault? (the judge's decision notwithstanding) It seems odd that a side collision would be the fault of the driver that got hit on the side. Unless you were doing something like running a red light or making a turn from a wrong lane that is, but I'd assume the judge wouldn't have awarded you the money in a case like that.

Last edited by no1v2; Sep 11, 2005 at 09:02 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

^^ well the cop who swiped the car was in an unregistred or "not-for-use-car" this means it was a patrol car not still registered at the dmv as a police car so, the car had no papers and therefore the cop had no papers, he didnt signed for it at the station, and the cop was off duty at personal doings -maybe a mistress i dont know-(@1am) so the judge awarded me the case on negligence from the police dept. part...
legally my fault because i made a pass from the left side in a one track rad <--- dont know if i expressed that correctly... he hit me at the passenger side back door but directly my fault because i made an 'illegal' pass.. dont know if you get it..

Last edited by PR_Mivec; Sep 11, 2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

I think I understand. Basically, you did something you shouldn't have but not so bad that the cop's negligance didn't outweigh what you did. Now it makes sense
Old Sep 11, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

^^ exactly
Old Sep 15, 2005, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

RX-7 wreck

July 17th 1997. I was a senior in high school and was on my way to Winter Formal or some sort of dance. Boss loans me his 1993 RX-7 with about $6K worth of HKS stuff installed. Friend rolls up on me with Caddie NorthStar. He guns it and my date says, "take him out" well we take him out all right, then we catch a little dip in the road. Next thing I know we are doing 50mph into street pole. Nobody was hurt, but a lesson was learned. I need AWD..j/k I don't race anymore.
Old Sep 15, 2005, 01:15 PM

I have no major damage just little tings and dents. I was driving in downtown Chicago late on a week night going home from my friend's apartment. All the sudden I hear a loud noise from the roof. I got kind of scared, thought maybe a gang member or something was trying to do something so I just continued driving while looking around but didnt see anything. I parked the car in the garage and notice there is a dent on my roof with some chipped paint. I guess some a$$hole threw a rock at my car for no apparent reason. Also I have a couple dings and dents from pieces of **** hitting my car with their doors in the parking lots. Now I park miles away from everybody whenever possible. Other than that, some chipped paint from pebbles during normal highway driving but everybody gets that. I read in MotorTrend about some plastic wax kind of thing you can get for your car that prevents that kind of thing but I was too lazy to get it. Oh well.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 04:38 PM

well some of u have some pretty bad stories....heres one for ya.....i just got my 04 ralli maybe 2 weeks.....i was goin to work one day on the highway and a construction zone was coming up ahead and i had to get out of the lane i was in...well, i put my blinker on and made sure i had plenty of room to get over...all the sudden i hear a scretch, and just think, OH MY GOD please dont be around me!!! then i look in my rearview mirror and hear comes a mini van! then POW!!!!! i was rearended at about 50mph..i get over to the right side of the road and get on the shoulder....then in front of me on the shoulder was the van and a 1/2 ton flatbed work truck......the 2 of them begin to talk and i stay at my car talking with my husband on the cell phone....they come down to me and see whats up...i asked them if either one of them had called the cops yet??? no, do we need to? they ask!!! WTF duh!!!!!!!!! so i called the cops and after allt he drama i had to get a lawyer and none of it was my fault...but i did get over 7 grand worth of damage to my car.....the truck hit the van the van hit me.....sorry so long, but ya know...ya gotta tell it like it is heres a link to see pics of tha damage ..its all fixed now though yay!!!!
http://www.angelfire.com/stars5/jessica81/wreck.html
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:00 AM

late one friday night after work i was hanging out with some friends at another friend's house, who lives down a curvy road and it had been raining that night. when we were all leaving i took off really fast and when i hit the second lefthand curve i started to fishtail and the proeeded to slide through the next righthand curve, through some bushes, and landed upside down with the backend laying against some trees. i was hanging upside b/c i still had my seatbelt on. then i just crawled out of the car and looked at my car as it layed upside down against a tree. i wasn't hurt at all and the car was totaled. i bought an 04 srt4 two weeks later. i still miss my ralliart though.

Quick Reply: Wreck your Ra? Post stories here