Notices

Wreck your Ra? Post stories here

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2005, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My poor Ralli was backed into by a Chevy truck today, caved in the left rear quarter panel, knocked the taillight clean out (but otherwise undamaged) and caused the bumper to flex a bit.

Pix and estimates tomorrow.

Last edited by Ralliartist; Oct 28, 2005 at 02:53 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

$4200.00!!

Glad their insurance is paying it.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 11:58 AM

4200 $ for that...wow im impressed...are ra's are not cheap to fix...
Old Nov 9, 2005, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ralliart_101
4200 $ for that...wow im impressed...are ra's are not cheap to fix...
Hell, once they started they upped the estimate by $500.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

Took a shop almost 2 weeks and a lot money to replace my front bumper lip and an alternator and pulley. Stupid hurricane. But yeah, hard to get the parts and their expensive as hell. Lip was from a bad tow job. Jerks.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 06:10 AM

Corner, ebrake, gravel patch, fence, utility box, result...:-\

~$6393.26
Attached Thumbnails Wreck your Ra? Post stories here-back_censored.jpg   Wreck your Ra? Post stories here-side.jpg  
Old Dec 8, 2005, 01:35 PM

I am sorry to report that my '04 silver Ralliart (5-spd manual, with Sun & Sound) was rear-ended at high speed just before Thanksgiving. I recently heard from the insurance company that the poor car will be totalled, so RIP to a great car that served my family well for over 30,000 miles in 16 months. I had optioned and accessorised the car to my needs, so I think I may need to do the same thing again for a 2006 Ralliart, if that is the chosen replacement vehicle.

Please do not tell me that a Ralliart-in-motion should never be rear-ended, as it should be drawing further ahead of following vehicles. I was slowing in traffic approaching a previous accident, when unceremoniously bumped-from-behind by a young lady doing at least 60 mph.

Now what color looks best for a 2006?

BB

Last edited by Bolder Driver; Dec 8, 2005 at 01:40 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bolder Driver
I am sorry to report that my '04 silver Ralliart (5-spd manual, with Sun & Sound) was rear-ended at high speed just before Thanksgiving. I recently heard from the insurance company that the poor car will be totalled, so RIP to a great car that served my family well for over 30,000 miles in 16 months. I had optioned and accessorised the car to my needs, so I think I may need to do the same thing again for a 2006 Ralliart, if that is the chosen replacement vehicle.

Please do not tell me that a Ralliart-in-motion should never be rear-ended, as it should be drawing further ahead of following vehicles. I was slowing in traffic approaching a previous accident, when unceremoniously bumped-from-behind by a young lady doing at least 60 mph.

Now what color looks best for a 2006?

BB
Black or Graphite.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

-

I would probably go with the dark grey myself this time around... although the new one (graphite) doesn't look as good as the '04's (charcoal I believe?).

It suck to be rear-ended when your at a dead stop... another (well, at least I guess ) young lady rear-ended my brand new (5 months) VW Golf (way back when) as I stopped at a red light. It was one of the three accidents my car was to be involved in that year... good thing the car was loaned, not bought.

-
Old Dec 9, 2005, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
-

I would probably go with the dark grey myself this time around... although the new one (graphite) doesn't look as good as the '04's (charcoal I believe?)
Just so you know, Graphite Gray OWNS Thunder Gray... not that I'm biased!

Honestly, I can't see that big a difference.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

i will say this about our cars, for all the wrecks that seem to happen while driving RA's I do not believe I have heard of any where the driver has been seriously hurt or killed. Now obviously if someone on EvoM died they would not be able to post what happened but a friend of theres or fellow RA owner might.
Old Dec 9, 2005, 09:48 PM

Couple days ago a RCMP officer hit my front left side, he smoked me so hard, it shifted my front end over a bit, i cant even get my passenger door open. God I miss my car so much. Good thing is its the cops fault 100%, im thinking its gonna be a right off. ill have pics and estimate on in a while.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Wow I never haerd of a cop destroying a car like that. was there frame damage?
Old Dec 14, 2005, 11:34 AM

Hey everyone, I haven't been on the forums in ages. I was in an insane crash a few weeks ago on Black Friday. Insanely tired, trying to make a 45 minute drive after 10 hours of shopping and now sleeping. Driving 70 on the expressway I drifted towards a median, turned my wheel to the right ever-so-slightly... skidded over the light snow, and my back-left end slid into the median. I then watched life flash before my eyes as I did a tail-whip 360 drifting across all four lanes of traffic, somehow managing to dodge at least 10 other cars going my speed and without causing any other accidents. Tell me that I'm not a lucky man to be alive... I dare you.

Estimates for the damage ranged from $1500-$3000. Received it back from the auto body shop today and paid only $1488.05. And the guy is going to paint my eyelids for free, which have been sitting in my trunk ever since I purchased them from Accolade.

All you old members that are still around, show some love- send me a PM. I miss you guys, and my final exams are kicking me in the ****!
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:17 PM

Well my car is a total loss, the frame rails in the engine compartment are all bent to ****. plus theres not much left of the fenders or the front clip. I tried to post a pic but couldnt figure it out. Cops are payng for everything. I can buy a new car, but it still wont be the same, oh well guess it could be worse.

Quick Reply: Wreck your Ra? Post stories here