Notices

Disabling seatbelt chime

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The easiest way to disable the chime is to put on the seatbelt. That said, if you leave it off for a while, the chime goes away (I think, if I remember correctly, it chimes 12 times and stops) Although, that won't help for short trips.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by the-kid
Thats why I moved........

-
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cant stand that noise
gonna disconnect mine
Old Jul 28, 2005, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Just wear the darn thing. I rolled my car on a short trip and walked away from it only because of the belt.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

-

I just can't see why some people keep on driving without a seatbelt nowadays. My grandfather used to do that... but why would anybody younger than 50 do that??!?!

If it's not comfortable, get some padding or a clip to place the shoulder belt lower or a lap belt tensionner or wathever you need to do to be comfortable... but for Pete's sake, please don't drive without your seatbelt on!

-
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I always drive with my belt on, but I would like to disable the chime for having the door open with the key in. I like to listen to the radio when I'm cleaning the inside of my car, and I've got the door open the whole time.

ding...

ding...

ding...

ding...

Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Lightbulb

-

I must admit you have a point there...

-
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

how many people would wear their seatbelt more if instead of srs bags a giant spike would pop out in an accident? food for thought?
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

This is my first car with airbags, so I'm used to the idea of a giant spike (which is what the steering column becomes when you snap off the steering wheel in an accident).

It's also my first car with ABS, which I'm not really that keen on. It seems to kick in too early, and I don't brake as hard as I think I should be able to.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 02:00 PM
Evolving Member

the abs saved my *** twice... when i was learning all the buttons i was distracted and almost ate someone.... car stopped on a dime.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Myszkewicz
This is my first car with airbags, so I'm used to the idea of a giant spike (which is what the steering column becomes when you snap off the steering wheel in an accident).

It's also my first car with ABS, which I'm not really that keen on. It seems to kick in too early, and I don't brake as hard as I think I should be able to.

I thought the same thing about the ABS when I test drove the car... but on the P-Zero it's never been a problem. I don't know why the quality of the tires should directly affect the ABS though... so it might just be the fact that they were two different cars.

-
Old Jul 28, 2005, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

HTML Code:
thought the same thing about the ABS when I test drove the car... but on the P-Zero it's never been a problem. I don't know why the quality of the tires should directly affect the ABS though... so it might just be the fact that they were two different cars.

-
The stock tires suck and lock up quicker (skid) therefore activating the abs. Better tires take you to the breaking threshhold
Old Jul 28, 2005, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
I thought the same thing about the ABS when I test drove the car... but on the P-Zero it's never been a problem. I don't know why the quality of the tires should directly affect the ABS though... so it might just be the fact that they were two different cars.

-
Well, I had thought it was related to the crappy stock RS-As, so I hoped the problem would go away when I got the new KDW2s. Nope.

The wheel speed sensor looks for the wheel to stop spinning. If your tires suck, they'll slip easier than grippy tires. I wondered if maybe the car 'learns' when ABS will be needed over time, so I reset the ECU after I got new tires. Still no dice.

I was considering upgrading my brakes (at least the pads, but maybe rotors, too), but there's no point if the ABS kicks in so early. I won't stop any quicker.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

don't mean to knock on anyone, but it seems like some ppl have wrong idea about ABS.

there's no such thing as "ABS going off too early" and i hear that phrase ALL the time. if it goes off "early", that means u locked up ur wheels, period. it's not "early", it's just doing its job: holds and releases the wheels very fast. which means u hit the brakes too hard for the given tires. grippier tires/drier pavement allows u to brake harder before the wheels finally lock up and set off the ABS. that's how quality of tires affects ABS, or more precisely the level of braking u can put in before locking up wheels. sooo, if u don't think u'r braking as hard as u should be able to, just get grippier tires. it makes a huuge difference.

and please just wear the fudgin' seatbelt, it takes 2 seconds to put it on. whenever i ride thru my parking lot to the recycle bin with no belt, i always get this weird unsafe feeling.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, instructions on how to tamper with safety equipment will not be in the instruction manual. But genuises don't need instruction manuals anyways.

But all kidding aside, stop being lazy and just put on the motherfu-cking seat belt.

Quick Reply: Disabling seatbelt chime