Notices

Disabling seatbelt chime

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2005, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-

It looks to me like there's a small precision to be made about your explanation though... considering the fact that many automotive journalists regularly talk about a particular sports car's ABS not being too intrusive and intevening only when really needed.

My theory is that the sampling rate of the ABS plus the quality / number of sensors can affect the ability of engineers to adjust the system so that it comes on only at the very limit of adherence. I might be completely wrong though... that's just how I perceive things.

-
Old Jul 28, 2005, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

MAN MY CHIME WENT AWAY AND I DIDNT EVEN DO ANYTHING......... I want that **** back... wtf, i usually buckle up but this time i went down the block without buckling and it just didnt ring, i then tested it again driving around the block and its not chiming. This sucks i lost the chime and i want it. i think a fuse blew or something, anyone got an idea where that would be
Old Jul 28, 2005, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JoizeeX
sooo, if u don't think u'r braking as hard as u should be able to, just get grippier tires. it makes a huuge difference.
What part of "I already did this" did you miss?

My ABS is kicking in when I'm slowing down from 30mph to turn into my neighborhood. I have a hard time believing I'm locking up my brakes doing that.

The tires I've got now are gripper than the Falken Ziexes that I had on my old car, and without ABS, I could make a stuffed animal on the rear deck end up on the dashboard.

I'm sure ABS is great for people who can't modulate a pedal, or are trying to slow down and steer in snow. Otherwise, I think it sucks.
Old Jul 28, 2005, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Question

-

I wonder if there couldn't be something weird with your ABS system though... I wonder if it can be reprogrammed / reset. I would have done the same as you and would have gone for an ECU reset... but since you already did that, it's either impossible to reset (hardcoded) or it's volatile memory core is located somewhere else entirely.

Did you drive someone else's RA so you could compare?

If it was possible, I'd drive down to your place and you could compare... but something is kinda keeping me from doing that right now.

-
Old Jul 28, 2005, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ding . .

Ding . .

Ding . .

I'm a relative expert on this subject, since I pulled the tone generator out of my Subie Legacy. It was positively heavenly not to have anyone dinging me the whole the time!! It was so heavenly, that I decided that I wanted to live in silence in my Evo.
This is not for the faint of heart: Pull the facia around the instrument panel. Remove the instrument panel after you split the speedo cable under the hood. The Sporty Part: Remove the instruments from the injection molded back of the instrument panel. On the back is a flex circuit board. Remove the flex circuit board and unsolder the tone generator (you can keep the whole thing hot the entire time to find the dreaded bonger). Reverse the preceding 39 steps, and you will now live in silence.

- Rob@Zaklee
Old Jul 28, 2005, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by WoRkZ
Did you drive someone else's RA so you could compare?
No, I haven't. Maybe I'm being harder on my car than I thought. <shrug>

If it was possible, I'd drive down to your place and you could compare... but something is kinda keeping me from doing that right now.
Aw, come on. It's only 1633km.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 04:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
-
My theory is that the sampling rate of the ABS plus the quality / number of sensors can affect the ability of engineers to adjust the system so that it comes on only at the very limit of adherence.
-
yea, that's not outta the question.

"My ABS is kicking in when I'm slowing down from 30mph to turn into my neighborhood. I have a hard time believing I'm locking up my brakes doing that."
"Maybe I'm being harder on my car than I thought"

well then maybe something IS wrong with it, unless the latter is true

all i know is, in my cars the ABS kicks in when the wheels lock up, that's what i can feel. when i put new dunlops sp8k on my teg for autox, it wouldn't lock up as easily as stockers. after the tires worn out and also i lowered the car, there was less traction for braking due to negative camber, so it would lock up easier as well.
it's just that a lot of ppl r knocking the ABS. i guess in a car like evo the ABS is much more advanced so it actually helps. my friend was watching a comparison between evo RS and GSR or MR, and on a tight course the RS was slower because of lack of ABS when braking hard and turning into tight corners.
anyway this ABS stuff is way OT, so going back to the chime question
Old Jul 29, 2005, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Myszkewicz
Aw, come on. It's only 1633km.

Yeah... uh... maybe next week...

Sorry for the OT.

-
Old Sep 11, 2016, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by shiroboi
I recommend leaving your seatbelt on for short trips, I do. At any rate, I've heard that some manufacturers have a certain code to disable the sound. I don't mind it so I haven't really checked into it.
Hay *** hole no one asked for your opinion give your answer and shut the **** up not what you think stupid
Old Sep 12, 2016, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
LOL I appreciate your enthusiasm. But you did notice that post you quoted is over a decade old right?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 07:29 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
roflmao
Old Sep 12, 2016, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
epic first post.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
trmoore
Old Jan 23, 2024, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Sailorgoon
Chances are you can't.

A lot of American made cars support that feature, but not many Japanese vehicles do. I suppose you can find the chime and pull it out, but you'd probably have a permanent warning light.

BTW, how can your seatbelts be "always on" if you don't wear them on short trips? Don't forget, upwards of 70% of accidents happen within a few miles of home.
Let people drive how they want.... he shouldnt have to even say how often he wears it...
Old Jan 23, 2024, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by bobaab
or just wear your damn seat belt
mind your buisness... if you don't have an answer no one cares.....