Notices

P0171: System too lean (bank 1)

Old Apr 11, 2006, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try cleaning the MAF with some electronic cleaner, that did the trick when I had that code thrown in my previous car.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

because i don't have my stock intake anymore...i'de have to ship the CAI back then they would send me another...wouldn't have a car to drive...
Old Apr 13, 2006, 01:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd say call them... if there is a problem with their product and you need a replacement first they will usually send one to you. In the box they'll include the tag for sending it back so you incure no further costs.

All this still ends with... YOU NEED TO CALL! They are regarded highly for their customer service. This is one of the time to see just how good they are.

Just tell them Boe told you to call...
Old Apr 24, 2006, 10:26 AM

I am having this issue as well, but it seemed like it came on after i installed my FMIC...ill take a look at my MAS tonight to see if it is dirty....hopefully cleaning it with brake cleaner will do the trick
Old Apr 24, 2006, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

There is electronic cleaner.....DO not use the brake cleaner as it says it may be harmful to certain plastics.

There is also the CRC MAF cleaner but I could not find it so I used the electronic cleaner instead. CRC electronic parts cleaner.

WADAD
Old May 16, 2006, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

So after all this time, I pulled the same code today, AGAIN. I'm going to buy a new filter and re-pressure check everything... this is getting old
Old May 16, 2006, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got the same code about a month ago, pulled it then reset the ECU. Got it again a couple days later, pulled it and reset. Double-checked all the intake connections, and it all looked good. Code hasn't come back since. <shrug>
Old May 19, 2006, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Mine actually turned off by itself last night while i was driving.... i have no idea why. I didn't change anything. I just don't know.
Old May 20, 2006, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since my last ECU reset i have gone about 900 miles and the light did come on around 600 again, but when i got gas the light went out... It seems i dont crank the gas cap down good enough so i click it about ten times after i fill it up now.

It does get old and there is no way i am taking the CAI off and putting the stock air box on just to have it looked at by the dealership.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Good Info in this thread!!! Thanks to everyone from someone having this issue right now!!

Just pulled the code on lunch today..We'll see if it comes back..but based on this thread it seems like it will..

..I have an HKS Filter/have never cleaned my MAF. I'm going to check for leaks/clean the MAF with Electronics cleaner and see if this doesn't fix the problem and keep it GONE!

It's nice to be able to search and find ALOT of good info and SAME experiences especially when I have to drive my car 60miles to class then home after work tonight...When I left autozone I didn't know what I was going to do seeing as I wasn't beating on the car anytime in the last week really...and the code says it's LEAN...I'm like OH SH*T...if it's reading LEAN under 0-10PSI I can't imagine how Lean it would run under full boost...I'm thinking I had a bad injector and my motors going to POP! Nice to have some reassurance!

/ End Evom Thank You Rant
Old Aug 29, 2006, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2004Ralli//art
i've got the same problem man, from day 1 after putting RRM's CAI i'v been getting the same code...i've re-tightened everything...put the stock back on...checked everyway i no how for leaks...i think its just the intake
same here , i just dont care about the SES light.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by deathsythe12
same here , i just dont care about the SES light.
I can't stand it.....limp mode really sucks.

I keep a 10mm wrench with me at all times. I'll even pull over and reset the ecu.

I also really need to buy a scanner
Old Aug 30, 2006, 01:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AdamRA
I can't stand it.....limp mode really sucks.

I keep a 10mm wrench with me at all times. I'll even pull over and reset the ecu.

I also really need to buy a scanner
Same here, on all three accounts. Enough of my friends/family are driving OBDII cars to make a consumer-level scanner worth having around.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
bump for more info on this....
Old Sep 11, 2006, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

I think I've been running this code for a while....

I'm running lean and the light has been on for a while, RRM CAI is what I have, it is very, ****ing, annoying.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P0171: System too lean (bank 1)