You have $5000 to drop into your RA....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have $5000 to drop into your RA....

What do you do with it?

What if it was $10,000?

Rules: It has to be directly used on your car. For all those people that have the smart remarks along the lines of, "I'd sell my Ralliart and use that money towards a better car," please save it. I'm just curious to see what would be on people to do list to make their babies better.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Turbo kit, LSD, TEIN damper kit, stage 3 clutch, slotted rotors + new pads + braided steel brake lines, lightened flywheel, custom turbo back exhaust and solid motor mounts, and the pulley. So basically, a lot of RRM's product line for the car at present heh.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigdoggy_dog
What do you do with it?

What if it was $10,000?

Rules: It has to be directly used on your car. For all those people that have the smart remarks along the lines of, "I'd sell my Ralliart and use that money towards a better car," please save it. I'm just curious to see what would be on people to do list to make their babies better.
1. Replace critical parts of the engine, fuel system, ECU for turbo charging.

2. Replace to aftermarket 4pot front and 2pot rear.

3. Strengthen chassis, suspension, and linkages.

Is there any money left.....?
Old Jun 23, 2006, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boozeup&riot
Turbo kit, LSD, TEIN damper kit, stage 3 clutch, slotted rotors + new pads + braided steel brake lines, lightened flywheel, custom turbo back exhaust and solid motor mounts, and the pulley. So basically, a lot of RRM's product line for the car at present heh.
If all that costed less than $5k, my list would be very close to that. If I had to pick a few other than RRM turbo kit, it would be LSD, coilovers, pulley, brakes, etc.

Oh and I have way more than $5k sitting here that I could use on my car right this second with no immediate repurcussions, but I also have a future-oriented mind (fortunately).
Old Jun 23, 2006, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blackhawkRA
If all that costed less than $5k, my list would be very close to that. If I had to pick a few other than RRM turbo kit, it would be LSD, coilovers, pulley, brakes, etc.

Oh and I have way more than $5k sitting here that I could use on my car right this second with no immediate repurcussions, but I also have a future-oriented mind (fortunately).
What he has is well over the 5k range. I remembered how much the turbo kit costs that why I added the 10k question too.

I made this thread cuz I'm curious to see what is on people's minds when it comes to upgrading their RA's. This isn't just limited to "go" mods either. The stuff that is for "show" counts too. Body kits, hoods, vents, spoilers, custom paint jobs, etc....they all count. And don't forget about stereo systems. Shoot, you can even include lambo doors and hydrolics. If that's your thing than run with it.

This is about doing WHATEVER you want to do with 5k and 10k.

Last edited by bigdoggy_dog; Jun 23, 2006 at 03:33 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 03:06 AM
Evolved Member

5K list: Turbo/SC

10k List: Turbo/SC, sticky rubber, internals, cams, coilovers, clutch, flywheel, TBE, mounts.

Though the list is assuming you already have some stuff, I based that on myself.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

Sticky rubber?
Old Jun 23, 2006, 04:28 AM
Evolved Member

5K: rims, intake manifold, catback, lowered, bar and perches, eyelids, motormounts, CF hood and spoiler, and put the little left over aside for the evercoming rrm hearder downpipe combo.

10K same as above plus RRM cf lip cutsom done rear lip and skirts, custom paint job.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 05:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I'd buy a beater for a daily driver. That can count as going towards my car right? Since I'm improving its longevity and all.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

5k: build the sound up and do the full N/A tune.

10k: build a FWD rally car

Edit: I Think he wants sticky rubber so that when he goes, he will acctually be able to put the power to the ground, instead of wheel hop everywhere

Last edited by Ahnospell44; Jun 23, 2006 at 05:45 AM.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

pulley, ecu, springs, lower tie bar, swaybar + perches, some MOMO racing seats, and a full MOMO sound system.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 06:17 AM
FAV
Evolving Member

to answer the origal post, turbo and suspension, real simple with great results!!
Old Jun 23, 2006, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So within the OP's rules--
Assuming I am working with the current state of my car and not starting with a stock platform, with 5k here's what I would do:
Coilovers, sway bar, perches, motor mounts, stage 3 clutch, LSD, Intake Mani, Piggyback, SS brake lines, SS clutchline, slotted rotors, upgraded brake pads, headers back exhaust
I think that is close to 5k (or a little over depending on what RRM's header will cost.)

With 10k I think a turbo with meth would be in order along with some built internals, plus most of the above.

Last edited by Myszkewicz; Jun 23, 2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2006, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

3 minutes later...

*bigdoggy, I was refering to sticky rubber as in better tires. Not... I dont know what you got in mind
Old Jun 23, 2006, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

I'm hoping to return to the NA world one day and have my eye on getting a Ralliart. I love to see what the responses are but I will say this having come from a Lancer that there is nothing like when the boost hits you and puts you back in your seat. For me personally though I love the sound of a well tuned NA car.

My ralliart would be simple to keep maintenance costs down on a daily driver.
Rims and nice sticky rubber, intake, new CD head unit.

WADAD

Last edited by Myszkewicz; Jun 23, 2006 at 01:45 PM.

Quick Reply: You have $5000 to drop into your RA....