Notices

All "Ralliart Vs." discussion goes here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 04:49 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's just what has been agreed to be enforced here.
EvolutionM.net does not tolerate nor condone illicit activities. This includes, but is not limited to, street racing or excessive speeding (no street pulls, no street testing, no "private roads"), defeating "locked" ECM features, distributing, selling, or trading of copyrighted materials, promoting illegal activities, and organizing events conducive to illegal activities. Street racing is any competition or illegal exhibition of speed on roads that are open to the public. Rule of thumb: if its not a sanctioned event with an overseeing body (NHRA, NASA, SCCA, etc.) or on an official track (dragway, road course, AX). Then don't post it here.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^+1
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

Oki doki my good sir
Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MarkChamorro
I feel old and stupid saying this since I'm 19 but damn....too many good kids died..15 year old girl last week... Insane.
I always consider this as a HUGE problem, not sure if the 15 year old was driving, but it bothers me when parents allow their children to get their licenses as soon as they are legal instead of when they are responsibly ready...then they have the nerve to put them in the latest model, fastest, most expensive cars they can possibly afford and wonder why they race always puzzled me....

EDIT: Sorry... I was venting...I got my first car at 18...it was a 1996 Ford Windstar...at least it was v6

Last edited by kapitolralliart; Dec 13, 2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
it doesn't matter, some 17 yeard old chick tried to race me the other day in a beat up chev malibu...and another young kid in a rusted out, unmodified civic DX from the 90's...no matter what car it is, it's faster than the bicycle they've been riding, so they think the car's fast and drive it accordingly...it's purely lack of responsibility, a responsible person can drive a porsche GT within the speed limits and enjoy the car...and the latter will double the speed limit in a sunfire...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Very true...i was referring to the Audi, WRX and STI the Mark mentioned in his post, not to mention the rich kids from when I was in high school getting brand new whatevers at 16, but very true nonetheless Crans. Irresponsible kids + cars + (irresponsible parents) =
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kapitolralliart
I always consider this as a HUGE problem, not sure if the 15 year old was driving, but it bothers me when parents allow their children to get their licenses as soon as they are legal instead of when they are responsibly ready...then they have the nerve to put them in the latest model, fastest, most expensive cars they can possibly afford and wonder why they race always puzzled me....

EDIT: Sorry... I was venting...I got my first car at 18...it was a 1996 Ford Windstar...at least it was v6
She was in the back of an Audi, she flew out of the car and her boyfriend ejected with the back half of the car.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...rbs&id=8891945
Pictures are at the end of the article... Terrible

Brand New STi, friend knew a passenger...Actually my friend who knew them's sister was a passenger in the Audi above.
http://apicdn.viglink.com/api/click?...325884%2Cd.dmQ

WRX built to STi specs didn't make the news, he is a friend of mine...recovering okay. Had reconstructive surgery on his face from sliding in the pavement.

Last edited by MarkChamorro; Dec 15, 2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:34 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow that's terrible, I'm sorry to hear about that but at th same time it's something that needs to be brought up regularly ,so everyone remembers that they aren't invencible behind the wheel of any car.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Yea. It's insane. All within about a month. Definitely made me drive with so much more caution than prior to these accidents.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

That's terrible and my condolences go out to all who lost loved ones and friends, but the WRX incident is exactly what I was talking about...being intelligent does not mean you are responsible and having a child does not make you a 'parent'.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

This is the STi spec'd WRX

He's okay, back to old Joey again. Wanting another STi
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
damn and here i thought my airbag would save my life... i need to find a speeders anonymous i cant control myself.. but i always tell myself there is a time and a place for eveything and the street isnt the place
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
find a track with pay per lap, or open events...after a certain speed, only mostly straight lines are possible, that speed depends on the vehicle, but most speeding related accidents occur shortly after turning the wheel at high speeds...

and i hate when people brag about top speed...who cares if it takes you a minute an a half to get there.

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Jan 10, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 07:53 AM

wow . that WRX is bad. To be quite honest everyone enjoys the thrill of a race, but There are so many neat places to enjoy the driving experience, that street racing is probably the most primitive form. Collisions will happen to some one at some time somewhere , no matter how well or poor you drive. Its important to save your "aggressive" driving for a designated area or a suitable environment. It took me several collisions as a youth to figure this out. Common sense for most, but not for all.