Notices

2006 JDM Lancer Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2006 JDM Lancer Ralliart

Why, oh why mitsubishi stateside we get our mock version? JDM version > USDM version. Oh yeah, they get standard projector hids...

2006 Lancer Ralliart 1.8t AWD Invecs-II Turbo

Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

that is just hot
Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Do they think that the people in the US prefer the lesser styling or something? I don't get it.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 11:10 PM

Man it's like we got the fully downgraded version even if it is a Ralliart which is supposedly the fully sport Lancer version for us over here...geez...that makes our Ralliart look like poo. I'm lovin' the engine & the seats on the JDM version damnnnnn!
Old Apr 16, 2006, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

I really like the seats and the headlights. Can we at least get those. geesh
Old Apr 17, 2006, 12:12 AM
Evolving Member

Wonder how much the headlight setup from the JDM version would cost shipped over ? =)

Mike
Old Apr 17, 2006, 05:35 AM
Former Sponsor

I would still rather have our engine and the FWD, I would hate to think what that weighs. Plus it is an auto. Sure the headlights and seating is nicer but I would rather have the things the usdm one has.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Someone teach me Japanese. Then I'll go be an english teacher over there. Then I can buy all the cool stuff!
Old Apr 17, 2006, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the engine tranny combo cost )here in pr) arround 6k new... anyone smells a swap?
Old Apr 17, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

whoa I'm loving the seats! but guys, we all wish for a Turbo AWD RA... why? It'll push out what looks like 195hp and 220ft/torque with that turbo, and then the AWD system = major weight. If we did have this, its not much different than having an Evo? Japanese got all the trim levels because they have the market to do so there, not in America.

IMO, it would be awesome to have a build like this come to North America, but it'd also be a waste, the closest comparison would be what... an Impreza 2.5rs? Not quite, an Impreza WRX? Stock 230hp, nope... keep it unique, keep it the way it is, with these goodies it wont price like a RA likely...
Old Apr 17, 2006, 08:36 AM

I DONT MIND DRIVING ON THE RIGHT... DOU YOU????
Old Apr 17, 2006, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by k3lv
whoa I'm loving the seats! but guys, we all wish for a Turbo AWD RA... why? It'll push out what looks like 195hp and 220ft/torque with that turbo, and then the AWD system = major weight.
The JDM ralliart has soooooo much more potential than the USDM ralliart. Plus, when you think you hit a road block, time to upgrade the turbo! Stock vs. Stock the jdm ralliart would whipe the floor with our USDM ralliart, something like them (mid - high 14's) us (mid - low 15's).
Old Apr 17, 2006, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

But how can you compare them stock to stock? Ones NA, the other is Turbo AWD?
I understand where you're coming from, but when you say upgrade that turbo, why not install a turbo on to your RA? Its the same as having that stock Turbo and putting a bigger one in it. It'll give out more HP to the wheels, more torque to the wheels, only thing its missing is the weight from the AWD system. I think it'd be much more fun to take a lesser car, like the USDM RA and build it up the way you want it. Of course, you cant get an aftermarket AWD kit... but you should understand what I'm saying.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

I just want to know why they couldn't give us the recaro seats? Our seats are O.K. but those would be great.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by k3lv
But how can you compare them stock to stock? Ones NA, the other is Turbo AWD?
I understand where you're coming from, but when you say upgrade that turbo, why not install a turbo on to your RA? Its the same as having that stock Turbo and putting a bigger one in it. It'll give out more HP to the wheels, more torque to the wheels, only thing its missing is the weight from the AWD system. I think it'd be much more fun to take a lesser car, like the USDM RA and build it up the way you want it. Of course, you cant get an aftermarket AWD kit... but you should understand what I'm saying.
Than you have a turbo fwd ralliart. Which after while there is an apparent reason why people move up to the turbo awd system a la Evolution or STi. Plus a car that come factory turbo will have more potential than a turbo kit from a aftermarket company. I rather much take the JDM ralliart and build it up from there, (tbe, dp, mbc, fp, reflash) while your struggling with the USDM one (cai, exhaust, header).

Plus, I doubt any company is gonna make an aftermarket awd system, that would be a cold day in hell. If you do want to put an awd system on your ralliart, report and conversation show that the 05-06 outlander awd system bolts up to the 04-06 ralliart.

Quick Reply: 2006 JDM Lancer Ralliart