Notices

Kartboy EVO shifter bushings fit the Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2006, 02:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kartboy EVO shifter bushings fit the Ralliart

This may not be a breakthrough as most of us know the shifter assembly in an EVO is 99% the same as a Ralliart although I figure I would share this.

Install for the underhood takes around 10 minutes and you want to make sure to reuse the stock washer on the bottom bushing as this has been prone to fall off without it. Don't ask how I know...

Install for in cabin should take around 20 minutes as you have to take the shifter and cupholder console out and then dislodge the stock bushings which take some effort to do. Once this is down screw them back in making sure they securely go into the hole in the shifter assembly. This makes more sense if you can see what I am talking about.

Shofting is much more crisp and you can tell the difference of this mod with the car off. Upon driving the gears are much more predictable and engagement is easier to tell. This takes all of the slop out of the shifter. I have seen no adverse affects from this mod.

http://www.allwheelengineering.com/b..._class=KB-E006

Both sets are $48 shipped right from the makers themselves. I would recommend these to anybody!
Old Jun 4, 2006, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

haha thanks for confirming, but I believe all of the bushings on Lancershop.com fit for us Ralliarts
Old Jun 4, 2006, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor

I would not buy from lancershop. Furthermore I would not use the brass bushings as they can lead to transmission wear. TRE told me they saw a couple of EVOs driven easily with the brass bushings have syncro grind and poor engagment issues. He told them to go to a poly bushing or back to the stock bushings. They did this and most issues resolved. BTW, TRE is Team Rip Engineering, one of the best DSM/EVO transmission builders in the nation.

Therefore Kartboy is your best choice.

Last edited by MitsuJoe; Jun 4, 2006 at 03:58 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oops.. i have the brass bushings... o well i wanted that RRM clutch.. haha
Old Jun 4, 2006, 04:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Well a new clutch won't save your tranny. I agree the brass bushings feel great although they are not the best thing to long life of your transmission. The brass bushing makes it so stiff that a couple of grinds and missed shifts could be all it takes to make your syncros grind. It does not take much. Don't trust a hardware store product in your car in such a crucial place. Furthermore after a winter or lots of moisture the brass will expand inside the steel sleeve on top of transmission and you will not be able to remove them. This adds another headache when you are doing a clutch job. Don't ask me how I know this either.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

EDIT: found the link on top.. i feel like an idiot

so kartboy underhood and shifter base are the best to replace with.. and how much and where can i get them.. looks like i'ma have to order those too

Ordered a set just now... guess my exhaust will have to wait another few weeks for a few more paychecks...

Last edited by bruce988jl; Jun 4, 2006 at 04:18 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 04:20 PM
Former Sponsor

What are your plans for the exhaust, PM me if you like...
Old Jun 4, 2006, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

haha, actually i just posted up in the N/A section, but i'm just gonna get a preset exhaust kit, to be specific i'm going to get the RRM Catback exhaust, then eventually when i have more cash saved replace my header/downpipe...
Old Jun 4, 2006, 04:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Cool, I soon am planning on having the exhaust redone on the RA. Full 2.5" mandrel with a magnaflow resonator and muffler. To be done in full stainless. I also plan to have them modify the RRm downpipe on the car to accept a 2.5" catback OR to make the catback have a small reducer where it meets up. I will leave this up to the guys making the exhaust. I found a shop and I am providing muffler/resonator/tip. I should get out of there around $200.

I soon will be selling the 2.5" pressbent exhaust that is currently on the car. I will let everyone know when I do that. The price will be reasonable.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Kartboy poly bushings are sweet. I would recommend them to anybody who cares about shifting to any extent.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
I soon will be selling the 2.5" pressbent exhaust that is currently on the car. I will let everyone know when I do that. The price will be reasonable.
Is it just the muffler? Or something similar to the axelback...
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
I would not buy from lancershop.

May I ask why? Not meaning to start an arguement I just respect your oppinion and am curious to know.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Let me make this simple. They don't know anything about what they sell. They ripped off Chris (owner of Logic Performance) from commissions, and many people have had trouble with getting charged and never ripped off parts. Furthermore anything Lancershop has on their site Logic can get also.

LogicPerformance opened its doors to work against Lancershop. There is much more detail to all of this although this is all I want divulge.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, thanks for the input. I was just gonna order an HKS filter tommorow since my current one is dirty green. Where else can I buy one for 24.99?
Old Jun 4, 2006, 06:46 PM
Former Sponsor

I am almost sure you can get those from Logic. Give Chris a call tommorow, 1-877-LOGIC77

In fact I remember seeing those on his shelf the last time I was there.