Notices

speeding ticket of doom....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2007, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speeding ticket of doom....

Ok, So...I was playing around with my girlfriend, and was in front of her car going down a local street here. well I took off from the light and from a standstill a cop registered my speed at 59 before even the trip even registered a different . number, I went back later to see if its possible, but on trip giving the cop bennefit of the doubt at registering me I had just hit .1 on the trip before he would have been turned around waiting for me like he was, he cut out in front of my girlfriend and stayed on me. so my question to any of you is it possible for the ralliart *STOCK with bad tire's* to achive hitting 60 mph in less than .1? I tried and couldn't achive it even shifting like I was on a track...to me that seems like the cop really wanted to give out a ticket, and came up with a BS number...by the way I hit the brakes long before I saw him...however, when I passed him I became aware he was there, however, at that point i was only doing 50 max, and obviously went heavy on my brakes to slow down to the 45 mph speed limit. I had one of the guys from here try it from a roll, and he still with mod's couldn't achive that same speed from a roll...and I was standing still.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

You could find the acceleration rate of the Evo and do some quick calculations showing that the speed he proceeded to clock you at is not possible.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackbichGSX
You could find the acceleration rate of the Evo and do some quick calculations showing that the speed he proceeded to clock you at is not possible.
So that mean's any Evo slips and any Ralliart slips that can show acceleration either modified or stock, now's your chance...If an evo from a stand can do it, it has AWD and a turbo on it's side, we got NA with a short shifter...by the way, I found out it was a 'Talon II Radar Gun / LIDAR Gun' but it creates a dopler effect that makes smaller cars *points at his RA* appear faster then they really are. I'm thinking about going down to a drag track and seeing if it's possible, cause that would mean my car grew a jet pack or something...
Old Jan 22, 2007, 01:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ummm as in 0-60 in .1 of a minute?? Maybe if the Millenium Falcon rammed you but...
Old Jan 22, 2007, 05:00 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I think he meant 0-60 in a tenth of a mile.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Oh righto... I'm wired for metric - I used to drive an old F100 with the speedo in mph but never got the hang of your distances (and yet somehow I managed to get an American highschool diploma :P)
Old Jan 22, 2007, 06:42 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryan_VRX06
(and yet somehow I managed to get an American highschool diploma :P)
Honestly that's not all that impressive of an achievement.

There's gotta be someone here who's decent with math who can figure out what distance it would take for the for the Ralliart to get to 60mph with an acceleration rate of 8.7 mph/sec.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

he went from 45-60 in less than a tenth of a mile. That is very feasible. I know for a fact if you drop it into 3rd it can be done.

Also, recreating this experiment would be next to impossible. How were you paying that close of attention to the trip meter and driving. Also how do you know that it was only a tenth of a mile. And I think that is just an "urban legend" that the cops radar shows higher for smaller vehicles. A smaller vehicle doesn't change the speed of sound (radar) or the speed or light (laser)

On top of that, you state that you broke the speed limit since you had to apply the brakes "heavy" in an attempt to not get caught by the cops radar. Obviously you were in the wrong. Don't try to justify this by some shotty math. You don't know the exact distance you traveled, nor the top speed you accelerated to, which are the two most important variables in the equation. The other would be the rate at which you were accelerating.

You had 528 feet to accelerate 15 mph. I'm pretty sure that can be done.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 08:06 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
http://www.stvincent.ac.uk/Resources.../formulae.html

Theres your formula with a neat little diagram for the judge... I'll work out the numbers if I have time

Since the original text is garbled and we are all a little confused did you go from a stop to 59mph in .1 miles?

Was your trip odometer reset before you left the stop?

Your real problem here is going to be proving .1 miles and not .19 or the fact that there is no record of how far you traveled.

Last edited by fostytou; Jan 22, 2007 at 08:08 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

fostytou, I believe it was 45+ to 59+ since he said he was following somebody and was messing around.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 09:06 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CF-Ninja
fostytou, I believe it was 45+ to 59+ since he said he was following somebody and was messing around.

he said "well, I took off from the light..."
but really lets just accept that its a terrible post on his part with no whitespace or correct punctuation and wait for a hilarious reply that will help us prove to himself that he wasn't speeding, but not get him anywhere in the court of law.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Yah. He lost all credibility when he claims his car size changed the speed of sound.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=2
Constant speed or acceleration
Old Jan 22, 2007, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CF-Ninja
he went from 45-60 in less than a tenth of a mile. That is very feasible. I know for a fact if you drop it into 3rd it can be done.

Also, recreating this experiment would be next to impossible. How were you paying that close of attention to the trip meter and driving. Also how do you know that it was only a tenth of a mile. And I think that is just an "urban legend" that the cops radar shows higher for smaller vehicles. A smaller vehicle doesn't change the speed of sound (radar) or the speed or light (laser)

On top of that, you state that you broke the speed limit since you had to apply the brakes "heavy" in an attempt to not get caught by the cops radar. Obviously you were in the wrong. Don't try to justify this by some shotty math. You don't know the exact distance you traveled, nor the top speed you accelerated to, which are the two most important variables in the equation. The other would be the rate at which you were accelerating.

You had 528 feet to accelerate 15 mph. I'm pretty sure that can be done.

agreed man. If u had to brake to drop down to 50 and stuff.. He got u. + in court.. he'll jus say the gun showed 60 mph. I dont kno about the 1/10 of a mile able to do 60 but 5280 = 1 mile. A tenth is 528 ft... and i think its very possible for that to happen especially when ur showing off to ur girl hehe (i would do that too :P). I dont kno.. this a tough one to beat. Luckily my ticket and the cop estimated the speed wit his eyes, but it took a ****load of will and knowledge to faulter the judge's decision.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
http://www.stvincent.ac.uk/Resources.../formulae.html

Theres your formula with a neat little diagram for the judge... I'll work out the numbers if I have time

Since the original text is garbled and we are all a little confused did you go from a stop to 59mph in .1 miles?

Was your trip odometer reset before you left the stop?

Your real problem here is going to be proving .1 miles and not .19 or the fact that there is no record of how far you traveled.
I took off from a stop in a recreated experiment, reset the trip to 0.0 started accelerating until I saw .1 pop up on my trip. that is giving the cop max bennefit, I ended up having the car in 2nd but I could only achieve 55 I retried 5 times, at 5 different locations and I tried it once at the place it happened because its local. the confusion of the 45 - 60 is my friend trying it from a roll. thanks for replying so quick.

Quick Reply: speeding ticket of doom....