Notices

Official "CAI vs SRI" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2010, 07:32 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ralliartize It
You have any proof that it does?
Okay no solid proof. But I found that on my car it felt like it was struggling to get air around 2-3k RPM. It did help a bit in light rain because I used to get misfires, but on heavy pouring rain it made no different. It was good at keeping my filter clean though =P
Old Nov 5, 2010, 07:46 PM

Hey anyone got any input on the Simota induction system? if so lemme know via email k thx peeps great post btw extremely useful ididnt know you should reset your ecu after the install!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

I'm currently running the Injen SRI config, and I have to say it's pretty much useless. I've ran the AEM CAI config and that was badass. I'm goign to be switching to the Innjen CAI config. Winter or not. There's more to an intake than just tube length and where the filter sits. Something called resonance plays a factor, An SRI on this car just does not encompass that.

SRI is bull...and if you think it does any good you're out of your tree-house.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 02:08 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
^ Winter or not, just get a bypass valve. You never have to worry about hydrolock.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 08:28 PM

Any possible way u can protect a cai from the way situation just got my done a couple of weeks ago n since u posted could cause engine damage I'm worried now, any thoughts would be apprecriated thx.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:31 PM

I wish my injen cai would sound nicier in the low end rpms, cause it only comes to life after 4k, does anyone know if the sri's make any sound in the low rpms an a auto, if so I might switch for the sound and what a *****. There goes my money...... Mama lol
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

SRI makes sound anytime for me but only when i go >60% throttle, in the lower rpm like 1500->3000 it sounds like a boxer WRX winding up then sorta changes to a honda vtec scream if that makes sense ...
Old Jul 21, 2011, 06:11 AM

I'm mot sure if this statement is true or not but heard that the bypass for the cai robs alittle power from the air intake, I have the injen cai in my auto 05 and when I went to see where the filter was located cause I was freaking out about hydro lock and reliased that the filters pretty high and hydro locking would probably be pretty hard since its high up. I'm not sure if I should get the sri though cause for dd the cai never kicks in and I enjoy the sound, since sri's for low end I was thinking of swiching, still thinking not sure though....
Old Aug 24, 2011, 07:15 PM

My check engine light came on recently cause of the cai does anyone know how I can fix that problem, I can't play aeround to much now cause I'm afraid ill run to lean since the cei is on, will I have to reflash the comp, someone help cause I know a lot of u have air intakes so you guys probably dealt with this by now
Old Aug 24, 2011, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Get an OBDII reader, plug it in and pull the code. You can use this tool to reset if need be. But until you pull that code, you don't know if it's your CAI or not. It could be something else like a low voltage on an O2 sensor, it could anything really.

I run an AEM CAI and have had zero issues with it or any codes being generated. I plan to run it through the winter as well.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 07:01 AM

nice job with all the facts bro, but one question what about if you install the injen cai and now the idling is going crazy sometimes going as low as 400 rpm and it turned off on me 2 i followed all the steps and it didnt work it used to be the short ram cuz i was to lazy too keep on going with the cold air intake and take the bumper and tire and all that **** off to get it perfect but now that i did it, it runs weaker too me personally and the idling is crazy lol
Old Nov 9, 2011, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rickylancer
nice job with all the facts bro, but one question what about if you install the injen cai and now the idling is going crazy sometimes going as low as 400 rpm and it turned off on me 2 i followed all the steps and it didnt work it used to be the short ram cuz i was to lazy too keep on going with the cold air intake and take the bumper and tire and all that **** off to get it perfect but now that i did it, it runs weaker too me personally and the idling is crazy lol
Chances are you have a vacuum leak at one of the pipe connection points or at the TB. This topic has been discussed before, do a quick search as I think this was a recent discussion.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 04:48 AM

Anyone know where I can get a hold of hackish, I wanna see how much a reflash is n I live in canada so I don't mind sending it since I think he's in ottowa
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:21 PM

It's been quite awhile now with the injen cai, about 6-7 months threw rain n snow (Canada) n I never had hydro lock yet,the check engine I mentioned was my fan. I think injen placed it a little hire up then other manuf. cause np n this thing screams. Prof. Installed n maybe u do it yourselfers r doing something wrong for issues. All n all badass n hard rain n snow not 1 issue in 7 months. Thank god lol jking :-)
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:26 PM

Maybe in auto works flawless,not sure so chk n see if some1 has stk wit injen cai, so do research for stk or call injen,but autos a dream with them.

Quick Reply: Official "CAI vs SRI" Thread